West Versus East - DI Style

Tallman":1nfqjwlv said:
throck and richland are notorious for playing weak schedules such as sisters of the poor and their little brothers so they are well rested for the playoffs. Don't be telling me how many home games you won when you don't play anybody.

Tallman have you ever stopped to think that maybe these teams have a hard time getting anyone to play them?

I'm pretty sure that is why Throck had to play Windthorst( an 11-man team) to begin with. When you win you get a reputation and then many teams don't want to take that chance and therefore refuse to go down that path until they are forced to. And that is where the playoffs come in.

I got a question. During the state game, since there is an East AND a West team playing, do we still get our 5 minute break halfway between quarters for daisy picking and butterfly chasing? Or do they stick to the laws of the west and strip the grass off of the field and replace with sticker burrs instead? Brings up another good question, do the make artificial sticker burrs?

Maybe us easterners should just go ahead and bow out now so were not subjected to all the gore and hostility. Maybe we will get lucky and the humidity will be high!

Hey Hornkeeper, they don't grow daisies on artificial turf either. May be tough to find butterflies in December also.

Geez, we have to tell you east Texas boys about everything. :)

Question, are there different grades of turf ? I've been on several fields with turf in past years and they were horrible! But we played St Jo in Lewisville and their field was great . My son played pee-wee ball in Alvarado and their field was bad!

older than dirt":1i3pater said:
Question, are there different grades of turf ? I've been on several fields with turf in past years and they were horrible! But we played St Jo in Lewisville and their field was great . My son played pee-wee ball in Alvarado and their field was bad!

Good question... and I'm not sure.. but gotta believe there are different turf makers and grades.... but your post prompted me to ask you a question...

How can you be "older than dirt" if you have a son that played pee-wee ball? just sayin

Yes the west has better teams overall in the playoffs. However that doesnt necessary mean they will easily run over the east in the championship. I still believe that whoever makes it out of the west(probably rankin or throck) will be tired from a hard run in the playoffs and maybe even hurt. The team that wins the east will have had a much easier road to the championship and should be much more rested. I think it will be closer than most think and east could very easily come out with a championship.

hornkeeper12":2qing2lc said:
I got a question. During the state game, since there is an East AND a West team playing, do we still get our 5 minute break halfway between quarters for daisy picking and butterfly chasing?

If by "butterfly chasing" you mean "clearing all the inbreds off the field because they gnawed through their restraints again" - then no, there will be no breaks.

I heard the main reason the games are played at Shotwell is because they have a fabulous inbred restraint system.

rainjacktx":ffi15pks said:
hornkeeper12":ffi15pks said:
I got a question. During the state game, since there is an East AND a West team playing, do we still get our 5 minute break halfway between quarters for daisy picking and butterfly chasing?

If by "butterfly chasing" you mean "clearing all the inbreds off the field because they gnawed through their restraints again" - then no, there will be no breaks.

I heard the main reason the games are played at Shotwell is because they have a fabulous inbred restraint system.

sounds like a great investment

To Fortyfived, I was 35 when he was born, he's a freshman now. He tells me everyday that I'm older than dirt, I played ball back in the 70's, so that's purty old.

older than dirt":3reujn8p said:
To Fortyfived, I was 35 when he was born, he's a freshman now. He tells me everyday that I'm older than dirt, I played ball back in the 70's, so that's purty old.

I'd say you qualify then... considering I was making pancakes in my diapers when you were playing football!

Back in the day, some of the schools we played are 2A and 3A now. Tolar Venus , Rio vista. Of couse we still played the dreaded Abbott and Milford. Kopperl did'nt have football back then. Whenever we played Covington it did'nt matter who won or lost the game there would be a fight afterwards! I think it was about this time that UIL started puting one team from far away in each district. One year it was Fruitvale then Buckholts. Oh crap I'm ramblin again the old age kickin in.

Back