West Playoff prediction

I agree with everything you said BE. Instead of saying "horrible decision" , I meant to say "horrible decisions".I won't elaborate on anything, I was told last week the supe here called the school attorneys on someone for criticising him on facebook.

I see Gordon making it, but winning it? Different story. They just wont play anybody until they get to Abilene. I see Borden County or Crowell winning it all. Tradition and experience seem to give the upper hand. Would I be upset if Gordon were to blindside everybody and win it all? no...But I just dont see any East team winning it this year. If they do the All Star game East vs. West.....the West side is going to have every position filled with an All State Player. Good luck to those underdog teams! Would love to see a Cinderella story this year.

Getting back to the topic of the west... Borden County, Happy and Crowell are all good and will be tuff to beat. I could even throw Valley in there if they get a few good rolls of the dice. Ive gotta take BC though in the end.

Gordon is a no go to win state. They have just got by 1-8 Highland, 3-6 Blanket, 5-4 Rising Star, 3-6 Strawn and 5-4 May, don't believe there is any way they could keep up with any of the top 10 West teams this year.

What I'm going to be interested in (if it happens) is a Crowell vs Sterling City playoff game. The 2nd 3rd and Semifinal round in the west are all going to be good match ups. Just hope everyone is and stays healthy so I get to watch all these teams at their best slug it out.

I know Rochelle has not played as tough of teams as some other school,but I'm telling you with marty flores in the backfield and this big physical and talented guys they have in front of him.....Do not count them out......I guess it's why we play the games...

Not going to count them out. I do think they got potential for a deep run. I really just don't see anyone beating the team who makes it to state from the west. I'd be shocked if it happened.

coyote_king":1utj8z97 said:
Not going to count them out. I do think they got potential for a deep run. I really just don't see anyone beating the team who makes it to state from the west. I'd be shocked if it happened.
Mr. King, you may get to be shocked come December. If the Rochelle team continues to improve and stays healthy, neither BC nor Happy will be able to beat them. If you got to see Flores run the 400 m. this spring, then you know how he goes. All out from start to finish. He plays spreadback the same way, running just as hard the last play of the game as the first. Big, fast, and tough would pretty well describe the Rochelle Hornets. Nine seniors I believe.

Flores is a senior. Rochelle and Gordon will meet in the second round of playoffs. Rochelle has the size to offset Gordon's line. Because Rochelle runs a spread, it will offset the size on Gordon's defensive line. In fact they may not even play against a spread. Right now I would pick Rochelle by twenty.

Rochelle runs about 20 different tight and spread sets...they can run or pass. Although Flores is a stud they have alot around him this year. If they can stay healthy they can play with anyone in the East!

Fella's there ain't no team out there better than the following.

1. Borden County, seen these boys play 4 times.....
2. Happy
3. HEALTHY Crowell and a HEALTHY Crowell will be Happy...
___________________________________________________________________________________
4.If there were EVER a scary team to be on the look out for.... It's Sterling City with Coach Bret Tyler is a THREAT every year. By far the BEST coach in the game.

No one from the Rochelle, Gordon, Blum, Milford area will beat these 3 schools (BC,Happy,Crowell)
I'm sure the young man from Rochelle is pretty darn good, but BORDEN COUNTY, HAPPY, CROWELL (healthy) are ELITE teams and they'll contain the Rochelle SB/QB/RB/C/OL/SE/E/TE and every other position he plays.

Not saying it will happen but I am saying it can happen. A well trained Spread QB in six-man can dominate the game against a team who is man-for-man more talented. Examples I give:

1997 May's Purcell vs Panther Creek
1999 Gordon's Lyle Campbell vs Panther Creek, Richland Springs and Groom
2004 Zephyr's Mays vs Rising Star and Throckmorton (a loss)
2005 RSs Ethridge vs Blum and Throckmorton (a loss)
2006 RSs Ethridge vs Blum and Rule
2007 RSs Ethridge vs Happy, Trinidad and Rule
2010 RSs Reeves vs Calvert
2013 Crowell"s Parsley vs Water Valley and Ira
2014 Calvert's Jaquan vs Throckmorton (a loss)

If he has been taught to take over within a smart framework, schools like Rochelle and Hermleigh can defeat more talented teams like Happy and BC. Wouldn't that be a true shootout--Hermleigh vs Rochelle or Milford. Milford lost to Jonesboro in the last few minutes after their freshman sensation got hurt for the umpteenth time.

Back