Week 8 Predictions

CentralTexas,
Anything can be changed up to game time. We're not that strict here.
I did notice that JCSA is a stronger team this year. Unfortunately for them, WCS is a stronger team this year too.

Thank you GMW!!!

I don't disagree with that, but I am just saying that they will handle JC but they are not as bad as most think. Again JC did put up over 20 points vs Good NCTA.

I said they were pretty bad....not trash, you said that!

At what point and time did they score 20 points on them, because that plays a factor also. maybe a team makes subs and the second string gets scored on. But who really cares....wins are hard to come by and every win counts whether by 1 or 100, so good luck to JCSA and WCS

Prickly Bear

GT,

Week 4. 24-74.

My point brother is JC put up 24 on NCTA. I don't care who played backups or not. I understand that scores don't always tell the story. I hear you. Just like round ball you can win by 13 pts and really been up by four or five but score extending because of fouling the last two minutes of a game. BTW I'm not a JC fan.

Well Brother! Whacha gonna do, when the WCS Stars run wild over you? (in my best Hulk Hogan voice)

LOL. Congrats to anyone that scores on NCTA then,

Prickly

Looks like SMHC got the win, I didn't get any updates during the game, only after did I get the score. Puldude, I'm assuming you're one of SMHC's players as the date you joined the forum this year and a constant pro SMHC style of posting (please don't take this as me calling you out or anything), but usually seniors/juniors will make an account around this time of year and will post about the team they play for. It happened last year and had in previous years- anyways that's not what I'm really wanting to know about- since you were at the game this year, what did SMHC do that you think will give Seguin trouble? I know that you're predicting SMHC to win, but can you give us prognosticators some info to work with?

Here comes the double post, but I'd thought it would look better to have the scores in a separate post.
Also, once I receive scores, this post will be updated

SHORTROUND'S WEEK 8 PREDICTIONS
*****ACTUAL VS PREDICTIONS*****

DISRTICT 1

WFND- bye

WCS-66, JCSA-0
ACTUAL SCORE: WCS-57, JCSA-12
WCS does what they needed to do. Making their statement for why they should be 1st in district 1

El Paso Jesus Chapel-58, Midessa Homeschool-20
ACTUAL SCORE: EPJC-80, Midessa-27
Looks like EPJC got a much needed win!

DISTRICT 2

NCTA-74, BVL-6
ACTUAL SCORE: NCTA-58, BVL-0
NCTA wins a district game, pushing for them to be at the top of district 2.

Longview Trinity-42, Marshall Christian Academy-28
This game might be closer, but I think LT will come out on top
ACTUAL SCORE: Trinity-51, Marshall-48
What a close game! Trinity comes out with a needed win! looks like a hard fought game..

Athens-34, Canton EXCEL-42
I really don't know much about either team..
ACTUAL SCORE: Athens-56, EXCEL-8
looks like I missed big on this score.. Anyone know more about the game?

RCCC-36, Denton Calvary-60
ACTUAL SCORE: RCCC-98, Denton-106
Ladies and gentlemen, looks like the track meet has now come to a close! Wow, I even expected a little more defense but man, I haven't seen this close of very high scoring game before!

DISTRICT 3

Seguin-58, Spring Branch Living Rock-0
ACTUAL SCORE: Seguin-54, SBLR-6
Seguin wins their second district game, how well will they face a SMHC that also beat Freddy?

San Marcos Hill Country-42, Freddy-44
I debated this one for a long time. I actually think this will be a close game (feel free to disagree). Honestly I can see this game going either way, its a game for whoever wants it more. I know some of y'all will fully disagree and think that SMHC will put the whoop on freddy, but I want to hear y'alls thoughts!
ACTUAL SCORE: SMHC-50, Freddy-0
Freddy has now lost to both SMHC and Seguin. They've taken a beating this year, but how strong is their willpower to keep pushing? San Marcos is feeling good right now- they just beat Freddy for the first time in football I believe, will this win push them on to beat Seguin?

Selma River City Believers-bye

DISTRICT 4

Bellville Faith-62, Conroe Lifestyle-42
Again I know nothing about these teams..
ACTUAL SCORE: Bellville-46, CL-0
Looks like Bellville will be 1st in district 4

Alvin Living Stones-bye

Shorty, no sir I am not a student athlete. I do have a vested interest in the game. I am not going to be a guy that brags big or prognosticates much at all. I joined the forum to have the ability to read what other sixman lovers think.
You asked what do I think the Rams did to hold Heritage to one (1) first down. It is all about the defense as I alluded to in a previous post. Yes the offense has strengths, lots of strengths, so much more than has been shown, but the D, well look at the points scored against them this year so far. Summit worked over HCSM and those young men learned from that game. The Coaches learned also.
The great part of being in San Marcos is that very few GMW to be named here, looks for the Rams to be a real force. And who would, look at what Freddy and Lifegate have done! They rock! In the end, boil it all down and the answer is THE TEAM, THE TEAM, THE TEAM. HCSM has two seniors, one of them is flat out a beast on both sides of the ball. The other is slick, and quick. George could just let those two have all the glory but the future is looking good and he utilizes all the talent, even the youngest guys contribute and know they they have a real place on this team.

Look I dont know what will happen in two, three weeks but I do know this. It is gonna be something to see. So at this point I geuss I should say that my real name is........Ah you guys will figure it out soon enough. Even if I am a Hill Country fan, I promise to be overly objective in my posts. After all so many of you know that an injury or two in this game can be disasterous even with a very well rounded team.

Thanks so much for the insight puldude! Seems like the boys in San Marcos are wanting to shock the world, and they have so far- San Marcos this year sorta reminds me like Castle Hills did in 2013- nobody knew they could do much, but they did (granted a lot of their power that year was contributed by Dante Johnson). I like what you're saying about how a team should play together! Hey and even if you are a hill country fan, as am I a Heritage fan. Looking forward to what the rest of the season holds!

Thanks for the score update GMW!

As of now I am 6-2 on this week and was 5-1 last week making it 11-3 in all my predictions so far.

Back