Week 8 Predictions

Godsmightywarrior

11-man fan
I have my list complete, but there are two games that I'm still not sure about. Why does it seem so much more difficult this season?
Could we actually have more parity this year? Did some teams just lose too much depth and experience? One thing I can tell you with 100% accuracy is that I will re-retire after this week's picks.
I did get a great response on the DII District 1 thread about the WCS vs Lefors game from someone who was there. It appears the Stars really came to play last Friday. I hope that drive continues for the rest of the season.

Where can I get a reliable weekly schedule? For District 1, sixmanfootball still has LKP as a team thats playing. Also is WCS playing this week and is WFND playing? it says they have byes

EDIT: Max Preps says WCS is playing Johnson County sports association

Thanks GMW

SHORTROUND'S WEEK 8 PREDICTIONS

DISRTICT 1

WFND- bye

WCS-66, JCSA-0

El Paso Jesus Chapel-58, Midessa Homeschool-20

DISTRICT 2

NCTA-74, BVL-6

Longview Trinity-42, Marshall Christian Academy-28
This game might be closer, but I think LT will come out on top

Athens-34, Canton EXCEL-42
I really don't know much about either team..

RCCC-36, Denton Calvary-60

DISTRICT 3

Seguin-58, Spring Branch Living Rock-0

San Marcos Hill Country-42, Freddy-44
I debated this one for a long time. I actually think this will be a close game (feel free to disagree). Honestly I can see this game going either way, its a game for whoever wants it more. I know some of y'all will fully disagree and think that SMHC will put the whoop on freddy, but I want to hear y'alls thoughts!

Selma River City Believers-bye

DISTRICT 4

Bellville Faith-62, Conroe Lifestyle-42
Again I know nothing about these teams..

Alvin Living Stones-bye

I went 5-1 on my previous predictions, lets see if I can keep my W/L record up this week! I agree that this weeks picks were harder than last weeks.

Oops you're totally right! I forgot to put them in, even though I wrote that down on my notebook

Oh and I don't know why my original score for brownwood, ncta game was what I put, I'll edit that because my actual prediction is different

Okay, here we go. Let the debate begin.
District 1

Wichita Christian vs Johnson County Sports Association
With both offense and defense firing on all cylinders after the Lefors game, Coach Johnson and the Stars will win 58-6.

EP Jesus Chapel vs Midessa Homeschool (Thursday) Jesus Chapel wins 44-22.
Jesus Chapel gets back in the win column after a district loss.

WFND -Bye

District 2

NCTA vs Brownwood Victory Life
NCTA wins 62-6.
NCTA should make quick work of BVL.

Longview Trinity vs Marshall Christian
Marshall wins 38-24
I hate to go against Trinity, but I think Marshall edges Trinity out on this one.  It will be a battle of Marshall's offense vs Trinity's defense that will decide the game.

Richardson Canyon Creek vs Denton Calvary
Denton Calvary wins 64-47
I think Calvary will be too much for RCC.

Athens Christian vs Canton Exel
Athens wins 46-28.
A close game with Athens on top.

District 3

Seguin Lifegate vs Spring Branch Living Rock
Lifegate wins 68-22.
Is Lifegate looking forward to San Marcos for the district title?

Fredericksburg Heritage vs San Marcos Hill Country
Hill Country wins 38-24.
Freddy is always tough, but this is not Freddy's year.

Selma River City - Bye

District 4

Bellville Faith vs Conroe Lifestyle
Bellville wins 55-24.
Bellville Faith sets their eyes on the district title when they play Living Stones.

Alvin Living Stones - Bye

I like your predictions GMW! We'll see how everyone's predictions will go! Also, will David be making predictions this week? I'm interested in what he thinks of the Longview-Marshall game

The Trinity/Marshall and SMHC/Freddy games were the two that I had to give more thought. Who knows what will happen on any given Thursday, Friday, or Saturday night in DIII.
I made a spreadsheet of our picks to make it easier to read and track. I'll add anyone else's picks as they come.

Guys,

My name is Mike Davis and I from Temple, Texas. Does ND play Crowell JV this week?

I am going to say SMHC wins 62-12. Idk. I know Coach Shipman and they might make it closer.

Longview 42-24.

WCS win 50-24 over Johnson County. Coach Johnson struggles a little against Johnson County. They guys combined with another homeschool. JC put up 24 points vs. NCTA

ND will 66-16. Vs. Crowell JV whenever they play

Athens wins by 24.

NCTA 68-6

JC wins 52-34

Denton 58- CCCA 24

Lifegate 56-12

Bellville. 62- 30

Oh the party started without me....darn it!

Longview Trinity beats the cheaters from the East...Marshall Christian!

Johnson County might not make it past mid-field against WCS. They are pretty bad and no speed.

Freddy loses a tight one to SMHC. Surely, Freddy will not get blown out two in a row.

Canton Excel gets slaughtered my Athen's. maybe a start up rivalry?

And that is the Prickly Pick'em for the week at least the noteworthy games!

Wow, I guess I need to take more weeks off. I like the participation.

Here are my picks for week 8:

WCS over Johnson County by 45. Coach Johnson has them rolling!
EPJC over Midessa by 2. I'd have an easier time picking Jupiter vs. Pluto
NCTA over BVL by 45. BVL gets 2 maybe 3 scores but it will be over at half.
Denton Calvary over RCC by 45. Mr. Jekyll strikes again. Or is it Dr. Hyde?
Athens Christian over Canton Exel by 28. Athens Christian is solid. They play hard! I think they will finish 3rd in district 2.
Sequin Lifegate over Spring Branch Living Rock by 56. Only question is, will Spring Branch score. I say no! They may not make it past midfield.
Freddy over San Marcos by 10. You heard it here first. Game of the week.
Bellville Faith over Conroe by 30
Longview Trinity over Marshall Christian by 30. Trinity finally fires up and puts it on MCA. I liked GT's comments. He may be a prickly bear but he's a well informed prickly bear. Marshall Christian is well known to Trinity. The boys at Trinity remember playing Marshall Christian in middle school basketball when Marshall Christian had 6'2" seventh graders with full beards. Time for a little payback!

Good luck and safe travels

Yes Dave,

When you are as old as dirt like Prickly Bear, you have eyes and ears everywhere. Didn't take long for Word to spread about Marshall Christian. Well now we know they cheat in Basketball too.

SO does high school and colleges recruit at the same time or do they stager their dates a little?!

Prickly

Game Traveler":2d531tew said:
SO does high school and colleges recruit at the same time or do they stager their dates a little?!

Just call 254-897-4822, that's NCTA number and ask Coach Integrity he can probably fill you in on the times and if that doesn't work contact TAPPS since they condone it and don't understand their own rules. That should point you in the right direction.

Look, i'm all for throwing out a little hatred NCTA's way, i'm a former BVL coach after all :). But, posting up numbers linking them to Coach R is a bit too far fellas. Remember, to many people this is a sport you'll love for a few years, but to certain folks, this is a business also. A business that feeds their families, just keep that in mind guys.

Coach L.

Not so fast, My friend. Lee Corso.

Freddy will not get 45 d. Can a make score change? Freddy loses by 28.

Johnson County is not a trash team; records mean nothing sometimes so let's get that straightened out. They put up a fight against the beast RB from NCTA and got 45d but so did ND. Guys it depends when you get 45ed right?

Ready for some football!!!!

Back