Fort Davis 38
Garden City 34

Borden County 60
Garden City 44

Sterling City 68
Garden City 56

Motley County 50
Garden City 44

Definitely not the team of the last two years, but just not sure how they don't make the top 15. I get the 4 losses, but this was a very tough schedule and GC held their own each game. I'm thinking they beat everyone from 10 down on this list.

They have a chance this week to prove this list wrong. A win over Rankin would do them some good. Keep them in the playoff picture to.
Could be a good game.

I mean no disrespect to GC. They have a good team but seemingly the misfortune of having that tough schedule.
My philosophy is strength of schedule counts a lot but so does the win-loss record.
In most any pole, high school or college, you will likely never see a 4 or 5 loss team in the top 20. That doesn't mean that they are not capable of beating one of those teams on a given day, just the win-loss record hurts them. Teams that some don't believe deserve a top 20 ranking are there untill they are proven to be unworthy. They have the ability to deserve or lose their ranking based on their on field performance.
Texas Tech, was undefeated not ranked, lost to #23A&M by less than a TD, #8 K State by a TD or less, played both tough, then just got into the top 20 with a win over #3 OU. They have 2 losses only and it was the big win that got them there. Now they will have to earn that spot to keep it. One loss more and they will likely be out.
If GC makes the playoffs, then with every win from there on they will improve their ranking. That is true no matter what poll you watch
Just my opinion and I'm sure there will be those who disagree. I will totally respect their right to there opinions too. My poll is just for fun and conversation.

just playing what if with the 15 teams you ranked

1.ira
2.water valley
3.borden county
4.rankin
5.t rock
6.valley
7.sands
8.Petersburg
9.aspermont
10.ft davis
11.crowell
12.aquilla
13.zephyr
14.abbott
15.oakwood

i did nt consider any other teams other than the ones you posted as the top 15.. see where we end up

Back