Week 8 Nothing Techical Pick'um Div. 1 Top 15 Poll

dawgfan23

11-man fan
And before I start, the devices that were used to come up with this poll was a pencil, eraser, paper and then a lot of head scratching.
This ranking system uses strength of schedule and also gives credit for the win-loss record.
No computers were used during this operation.

My simplified pick'um week 8 Div. 1 Top 15 Poll

1.Water Valley
2.Ira
3.Throckmorton
4.Valley
5.Borden County
6.Sands
7.Rankin
8.Petersburg
9.Fort Davis
10.Aquilla
11.Aspermont
12.Crowell
13.Oakwood
14.Zephyr
15.Abbott
CowboyP, Please note I did keep Aquilla in the Top 10.

I looked at each teams schedule in the top 25, noted their good wins and bad losses and level of competition. Came up with an opinion on strength of schedule, then factored in the win loss record. Scratched my head a few times, erased a few times and smiled at the end.
Nothing technical, just extra time on my hands. Kind of like the College pollsters do it.

I just did it the old fashioned way. Until I get a program developed it will just be my pencil and paper. Definately the hard way and probably my first and last attempt at it. :)

dawgfan23":3nlpa0e3 said:
And before I start, the devices that were used to come up with this poll was a pencil, eraser, paper and then a lot of head scratching.
This ranking system uses strength of schedule and also gives credit for the win-loss record.
No computers were used during this operation.

My simplified pick'um week 8 Div. 1 Top 15 Poll

1.Water Valley
2.Ira
3.Throckmorton
4.Valley
5.Borden County
6.Sands
7.Rankin
8.Petersburg
9.Fort Davis
10.Aquilla
11.Aspermont
12.Crowell
13.Oakwood
14.Zephyr
15.Abbott
CowboyP, Please note I did keep Aquilla in the Top 10.
The top 15 aren't as hard to rank as the rest of the pack :)

That's why I picked them!:) Plus without a computer program, printing out results, referring back and forth from one to the other, uncrossing my eyeballs, it was about all I could take. I did use the top 25 as my pool to pick from. :)

1.Water Valley
2.Ira
3.Throckmorton
4.Valley
5.Borden County
6.Sands
7.Rankin
8.Petersburg
9.Fort Davis
10.Aquilla
11.Aspermont
12.Crowell
13.Bynum
14.Zephyr
15.Abbott
I made one change to your rankings. I replaced oakwood with Bynum.

A case can be made for Bynum, but they both played Coolidge.
Oakwood 60-14 Coolidge
Bynum 49-26 Coolidge

I will respectfully stick with Oakwood.at #13

Back