WEEK 7 PICKS

Pete,
I hear you, your doing great with your picks. It's fun having several people doing them this year, and to see how teams can be looked at differently. All of you guys picking are darn good. As for me, I think there will always be games that have people saying they didn't see that one coming. Injuries, grades, (especially being week 7) major improvement, major regression. Not everything can be factored. Everyone knows that, well almost everyone. But overall, great job and thanks for adding some insight to the board.

On another note, this guy has to be ignored. I just recently discovered it is the only way. You respond, he wins! Period. That is his game. Please, please everyone, shut him out. It is impossible to shut him up, and impossible to ignore his post. But we all can shut him out, do not respond. Then he loses! I'm sure this to is impossible. Just a thought. I do know that I will not reply to him.

Boys, it's all for fun. I picked the Gold-Burg/Woodson and Paducah/Anton games because I felt they would be close games. If we just went district play the standings would never change and where's the fun in that?

SimplyPut":86zwqyn5 said:
Pete,
I hear you, your doing great with your picks. It's fun having several people doing them this year, and to see how teams can be looked at differently. All of you guys picking are darn good. As for me, I think there will always be games that have people saying they didn't see that one coming. Injuries, grades, (especially being week 7) major improvement, major regression. Not everything can be factored. Everyone knows that, well almost everyone. But overall, great job and thanks for adding some insight to the board.

On another note, this guy has to be ignored. I just recently discovered it is the only way. You respond, he wins! Period. That is his game. Please, please everyone, shut him out. It is impossible to shut him up, and impossible to ignore his post. But we all can shut him out, do not respond. Then he loses! I'm sure this to is impossible. Just a thought. I do know that I will not reply to him.

You can't ignore me. Not because it's impossible, but because you just don't possess the mental acuity required to keep your fingers off the keyboard. Even when referring to me in the third person, you show the degree with which I get under your skin.

fajitapete":c1kvbyd0 said:
When you can pick the winners in over 80% on a weeks game then I might give you thought notice.

Pick en up for this week lets see what you got -- can you do it?

You've posted twice in response to one of mine. Do not even pretend that you are not giving my thoughts notice. If I was pulling stuff out of my backside, and slinging it on the wall just to see if it sticks, you would have perfect reason to ignore me.

But you and I both know that's not what I'm doing.

What I say is correct. You were completely clueless in assigning your starting power rankings. The rest of the regular season may continue to pad your false ability to pick winners. But after the playoffs begin, you will see the wisdom of what I've been trying to tell you all season.

I guess you can apologize then.

topher80":3d9z5y1h said:
Boys, it's all for fun. I picked the Gold-Burg/Woodson and Paducah/Anton games because I felt they would be close games. If we just went district play the standings would never change and where's the fun in that?

You just keep doing what you're doing my Canadian friend.

rainjacktx":1a74z3gb said:
Valley over Follett
Kress over McLean
Hedley over Hart
Paducah over Anton
Gold-Burg over Woodson

Gold-Burg - Woodson is a hard, hard decision.

Hey rainjerk - how's that gold-burg pick working out for you ? OH - my system so screwed up it got it right, too bad you had to rely on your infinite knowledge. What gives? I thought you knew all things foot ball, every post you tell someone how screwed up they are.

Can't wait till next week when we go head to head on all the games so you can show your smarts.

fajitapete":1u3et18f said:
rainjacktx":1u3et18f said:
Valley over Follett
Kress over McLean
Hedley over Hart
Paducah over Anton
Gold-Burg over Woodson

Gold-Burg - Woodson is a hard, hard decision.

Hey rainjerk - how's that gold-burg pick working out for you ? OH - my system so screwed up it got it right, too bad you had to rely on your infinite knowledge. What gives? I thought you knew all things foot ball, every post you tell someone how screwed up they are.

Can't wait till next week when we go head to head on all the games so you can show your smarts.

You went maybe 2-5 on the spreads for the picks in this thread. If you want to crow like a rooster over that percentage, knock yourself out.

I've never said my knowledge was infinite. I've said my wisdom is greater than yours.

Nice logical fallacy, though - trying to bait me into picking spreads. Unless I play by your rules, my opinion is worthless. Sorry, Pete. I'm not a catfish you can catch with stink bait. I guess engineers were never trained in the ways of human behavior.

Your spreads would not be in question had your beginning rankings been arrived at in a more intelligent fashion. How many times do I have to repeat this? You brag of your engineering prowess, you ignore the only point I have been making this season with respect to your system.

But regardless, nice job pulling my post where I admit to not knowing about a game, and pouncing on it becaue it was one of only two out of five you were even close on.

rainjacktx":1n9shs3a said:
. .
Your spreads would not be in question had your beginning rankings been arrived at in a more intelligent fashion. . . .

Once again your ass is showing since you have no idea how I arrived at my opening numbers. But I give you hint, I started with the numbers Granger provided preseason, after all I can't think of a better source.

fajitapete":1batck19 said:
Once again your ass is showing since you have no idea how I arrived at my opening numbers..

Funny thing is - neither do you. Which is why I am saying they are so wrong.

Nice try hiding behind Granger's skirt. That baseless excuse may placate your fans, but the folks with functioning brain stems will likely take exception. The fun part for your non-fans will be their vindication when you start missing a 85% of the playoff games.

But worry not. I will gladly be here to show you the ignorance of your toy. Just like I have been doing for most of the regular season.

Back