Week 7 Games That Might Interest You

Longhorn85

Six-man fan
Ok, these are the game that I am looking at that seem interesting for next week. Not all are expected to be close, some are only there because of District implications. Jonesboro V. Oglesby I expect to be wild! What do you think about the rest, or do you have any to add of teams with postseason possibilities.

Borden County @ Water Valley
Grady @ Garden City
Jonesboro @ Oglesby - District
Motley County @ Klondike
Paducah @ Knox City
Rankin @ Sterling City
Richland Springs @ Mullin - District
Throckmorton @ Rotan
Crowell vs. Calvert @ Strawn

Oglesby and Jonesboro is the game to see. Both teams hate each other and are undefeated. I think Oglesby will wear Jonesboro out with their speed. Been looking forward to this one since the realignment Go Tigers!

In private schools, TAPPS D3/Dist 3 will probably be decided the first week of district play with Fredericksburg Heritage at Seguin Lifegate on Friday night. Probably the private school game of the week.

Last year, Lifegate won 27-26, stopping a one point Freddy conversion with about 2 seconds left in the game.

Lifegate has won 5 of the last 6 (Freddy won the first 6 in the series); regardless of what happens, I expect both teams to be playing each other again in the playoffs.

Oglesby and Jonesboro is the game to see. Both teams hate each other and are undefeated. I think Oglesby will wear Jonesboro out with their speed. Been looking forward to this one since the realignment Go Tigers!

Thats for sure.. another great rivalry. started way back in the day.

Unfortunately I have to agree with Chap_24. The WV is pretty good this year but nowhere near good enough to challenge the Coyotes. The Wildcats will play hard and compete but I think Borden County will extract some revenge for the last two years.

This one will be at the WV but I don't expect that to help much. As I said, they're pretty good but they've played a murderous schedule including Blum, Knox City, Boerne Geneva, Grady, May and now Borden County. Not a slouch in that bunch so they should be well seasoned by the time they get to district play where Robert Lee and Sterling City await.

freeagent":1hgsfhry said:
In private schools, TAPPS D3/Dist 3 will probably be decided the first week of district play with Fredericksburg Heritage at Seguin Lifegate on Friday night. Probably the private school game of the week.

Last year, Lifegate won 27-26, stopping a one point Freddy conversion with about 2 seconds left in the game.

Lifegate has won 5 of the last 6 (Freddy won the first 6 in the series); regardless of what happens, I expect both teams to be playing each other again in the playoffs.

To extend my remarks ... at the risk of my not getting a decent parking place, if you are anywhere within driving distance of Seguin and want to catch a game, this might be worth the drive (and hey, you can drive 85 legally on the 130 toll road from Austin to Seguin).

These are two well-conditioned, well-coached (at least the two coaches think so, and most of us humor them), and two teams that -- except for the couple hours they play each other -- genuinely like each other and are friends. I may even sit on the Freddy side for part of the game.

Grab a bite to eat at El Ranchito (on the 123 bypass) before the game and if you get here early enough, you might want to see a bit of old time Texas six-man football history ... the only remaining structure from the Dowdy School (played six-man until its closing in 1951) is a football goal post. There is a historical marker for the school on Dowdy Road, just off US 90 Alternate about five or six miles east of Seguin.

You might want to spend a little time on Google maps or a GPS before making the trip -- as I always used to tell officials lost on their way to Lifegate, which is out in the country -- you're not lost, you just have another mile to go.

But you're going to see an excellent football game for the trip. That's a guarantee.

freeagent, I must apologize that I dont include many Private School games in my previews. That is why we have you as the word of wisdom in those matters. Overall it just seems like too fluid of a situation to keep track of. Teams change schedule every week. I do my best to find scores each week for the ones lingering, and it seems the schedule on each teams school site is different from originally reported or tracked by maxpreps. Rankings top to bottom seem to flex yearly. It is a wild card that messes up any public school ranking system. I will never try to act like I know about a head to head matchup of private schools unless their entire schedule before the meeting was against public schools. Tracking that must truly be a passion.

Longhorn85":111f822q said:
freeagent, I must apologize that I dont include many Private School games in my previews. That is why we have you as the word of wisdom in those matters. Overall it just seems like too fluid of a situation to keep track of. Teams change schedule every week. I do my best to find scores each week for the ones lingering, and it seems the schedule on each teams school site is different from originally reported or tracked by maxpreps. Rankings top to bottom seem to flex yearly. It is a wild card that messes up any public school ranking system. I will never try to act like I know about a head to head matchup of private schools unless their entire schedule before the meeting was against public schools. Tracking that must truly be a passion.

Or I'm just crazy.

freeagent":176g1npz said:
Longhorn85":176g1npz said:

Or I'm just crazy.
I thought that was determined years ago.

Garrett2810":1fii9q4a said:

Didn't jonesboro go to state in the sprint relay last year

I have watched J-Bird play a couple of games this year. They have played Milford-Trinidad, both teams usually loaded with speed. A couple of months back, I think they did a write of in the Gatesville paper about the two running backs. So I pulled out the old handy program from the state track meet last year. One of the running backs was on the sprint relay team as a junior, the other was on the sprint relay team and the 100 meter dash as a FRESHMAN. Not saying that pads won't slow them down a bit, but it seems that J-Bird has a little speed in the backfield.

Back