Week 3 Top Games?

rankinalum

Six-man fan
Week 3 looks to be a good week for some football! Some games I’m excited for:

Westbrook vs Rankin
This’ll be the game of the week. Should be a matchup between the top two ranked teams in the whole state regardless of division. Could be a preview of the playoffs down the road. Last years result wasn’t the result Rankin fans wanted, so I’m curious to see if Rankin brings their A-Game this week.

Knox City vs May
Another really good matchup. These two teams have super impressive wins to start the year out. I’m thinking this game could possibly come down to the last possession. Really liking both of them teams to make a deep playoff run!

Strawn vs Gordon
This game needs to be hyped up, no matter where these two teams are in the rankings. You can always count on a thriller when these two long-time rivals match up. Still expecting a good game from both teams even though Strawn isn’t as dominant this year.

Ira vs Jayton
I don’t know why Ira hasn’t been getting as much coverage as they are.. they’ve quietly gotten off to a very good start. I think this is the closest matchup in terms of talent this week. I’m fully expecting this game to come down to a touchdown or less. I really like the talent of both of these teams!

Four Sleeper Games This Week
Lingleville vs Union Hill
Aquilla vs Oakwood
Happy vs Springlake Earth
Jonesboro vs Austin St. Stephens

Any other games I missed that y’all are excited for? Drop em’ below!!

Week 3 looks to be a good week for some football! Some games I’m excited for:

Westbrook vs Rankin
This’ll be the game of the week. Should be a matchup between the top two ranked teams in the whole state regardless of division. Could be a preview of the playoffs down the road. Last years result wasn’t the result Rankin fans wanted, so I’m curious to see if Rankin brings their A-Game this week.

Knox City vs May
Another really good matchup. These two teams have super impressive wins to start the year out. I’m thinking this game could possibly come down to the last possession. Really liking both of them teams to make a deep playoff run!

Strawn vs Gordon
This game needs to be hyped up, no matter where these two teams are in the rankings. You can always count on a thriller when these two long-time rivals match up. Still expecting a good game from both teams even though Strawn isn’t as dominant this year.

Ira vs Jayton
I don’t know why Ira hasn’t been getting as much coverage as they are.. they’ve quietly gotten off to a very good start. I think this is the closest matchup in terms of talent this week. I’m fully expecting this game to come down to a touchdown or less. I really like the talent of both of these teams!

Four Sleeper Games This Week
Lingleville vs Union Hill
Aquilla vs Oakwood
Happy vs Springlake Earth
Jonesboro vs Austin St. Stephens

Any other games I missed that y’all are excited for? Drop em’ below!!
Loraine vs Klondike. Battle of two D2 top 10 teams

From @6manfanNate on Twitter:

I'd agree, this will be the game to watch this week, followed closely by the May/Knox City game, which I suspect will be Nate's #2. Depending on the outcome of those two games, next week's top 10 rankings could look a lot different.
Super excited for both! If I was one of the Football Gods and I had my way Rankin and Knox City would win both of these games going into their matchup next week lol! But I’ll instead put these games in the hands of the coaches and players. Should be two amazing games!

Super excited for both! If I was one of the Football Gods and I had my way Rankin and Knox City would win both of these games going into their matchup next week lol! But I’ll instead put these games in the hands of the coaches and players. Should be two amazing games!
I agree sound be some fun games to watch!

That’s not very positive and uplifting of you sir. Gordon has their best chance to beat strawn this year as they’ve had in a long long time. Next year though, of course with no shenanigans being pulled, Strawn will put a thumping on them.
Before the season started you said they would 45 Gordon in the 3rd. Have they lost some key players?

As an outside observer, I think its fair to say Gordon is a sizeable favorite in this one.

Strawn's 1st two games have shown their inexperience with the loss to Knox City and close win over Dallas Lutheran.

Whereas Gordon has throttled Throckmorton and Ranger.

As a Strawn fan I still try to be optimistic. I realize the toy has Gordon favored by 38. But it's early in the season, the toy becomes more accurate as the season goes, E. G. they had the Hounds favored by 2 over KC and 45 over DL. A key for me is the (varsity) inexperience mentioned above, they're not that young. They had a bit of fumbleitis against KC from their first pitchout as well as penalties, taking nothing away from KC, currently # 9 overall. Against Dallas Lutheran the Hounds did go up to a 27 - 8 lead initially, had more problems with penalties (7-8 + ?), and DL is fast with a unique play I've never seen executed so well though their pitchouts and passes cost them on it a couple of times. I think they are under rated. So, good tests for their inexperience thus far.
Another thing that encourages me is that these guys have been practicing against a couple of great teams the last two years. 2020 state finalists against RS within 3 points, 1 play of state. Last year against the State Champions, including the phenomenal freshman state mvp. If they can jell, find their own identity, eliminate mistakes, they could conceivably make a game of it imho. No matter what happens this week or next they should be more experienced and seasoned by district as they are playing good teams. Go Hounds. GATA.

Last edited:
Back