Week 2... Games of Interest

I am 60 years old. When I was a kid Private schools very best could not compete with an average Public. I am talking football, Six-Man to be exact. Things have changed. There are some excellent Privates that are capable of taking down a great public school.

Overall Public level of play is still higher than Private but HERE IS YOUR CLUE elite Privates are closing the gap.

REMEMBER on any given Friday night...........

Don Hardin
Abilene

Mr. Hardin #3 is Jairus Russell a senior.... I will make a suggestion that we have programs from here on out.....

Mr. Hardin was my farther's name. I go by Don (on good days).

Great game by Mr. Russell. That kickoff return was unbelivable. Would love to see that on film.

Game programs are wonderful for a guy like me that has no dog in the fight or kid on either team.

Met lots of nice people from both schools last night.

Good Football the rest of the season to both schools.

Don Hardin
Abilene

donhardin":15im17sp said:
I am 60 years old. When I was a kid Private schools very best could not compete with an average Public. I am talking football, Six-Man to be exact. Things have changed. There are some excellent Privates that are capable of taking down a great public school.

Don Hardin
Abilene

If I remember correctly, and I might not be, but the last private that could hold their own with publics, was one El Paso Jesus Chapel back several years ago. Ironically, the running back for the that JC team is now the head coach at DC.

rainjacktx":3t5y9f55 said:
donhardin":3t5y9f55 said:

Don Hardin
Abilene

If I remember correctly, and I might not be, but the last private that could hold their own with publics, was one El Paso Jesus Chapel back several years ago. Ironically, the running back for the that JC team is now the head coach at DC.

By the way - Dallas Covenant kicked a 48 yard field goal in the 2nd quarter which turned out to be the 4 point margin of victory ...

I heard that HEAPING HELPINS of crow was bein served up to a certain Oakwood blow hard. Thought I'd stop into see if he commented on the taste... Guess not. Maybe it was a lil over done for his liking..

Back