Week 2... Games of Interest

Yep real quiet.

A lot of things just got shaken up, BC over Rankin and unless someone posted the wrong score Throck got beat.

ryry":34axyi7h said:
Yep real quiet.

A lot of things just got shaken up, BC over Rankin and unless someone posted the wrong score Throck got beat.
Wait someone said not final... I know the BC win IS final

There was two Throck scores posted. The first one might have been a half time score, but I don't trust the last one to be the final now.

RLsteers":1a3tus24 said:
I highly doubt that RL will be 45'd tonight WV not as good as last year and RL is better more depth...I think it will be a good game we shall see

We have seen and it was a good game. Water Valley - 88, Robert Lee - 39.

I stand corrected Rl was 45'd by WV but not the way everyone was thinking 4 quarters and they never gave up...I bet not many teams will take WV to 4 this year...not much else to say

I thought the Steers played a heck of a game and I was really impressed by the quarterback, Gartman; that kid can sling the pigskin. No doubt that anyone playing the Steers will definitely have their hands full.

One loss isn't gna shut us up. We lost to a very good milford team. To those who.weren't there yall missed a hell of a game. Not taking away anything from either team. Oakwood didn't exacute the way they should have, waited till too late in the.game to really start playing like they needed to and didn't finish the game like they needed too but what can ya do? We are only fans. Time to put this one behind us and get ready for next week. Good game boys. And to the rest of yall keep it up. And be careful in your travels home tonight.

oakwoodalumni56":1bkl2le9 said:
One loss isn't gna shut us up. We lost to a very good milford team. To those who.weren't there yall missed a hell of a game. Not taking away anything from either team. Oakwood didn't exacute the way they should have, waited till too late in the.game to really start playing like they needed to and didn't finish the game like they needed too but what can ya do? We are only fans. Time to put this one behind us and get ready for next week. Good game boys. And to the rest of yall keep it up. And be careful in your travels home tonight.
I don't think anyone has had an issue with you. You have shown support for Oakwood without being a peckerwood. There is a certain Oakwood fan that should be eating crow right now. I wonder how long it'll be before he posts again...

I got to go to the oakwood Milford game. It was awesome! Oakwood was down 31-6 after first quarter. Thought they might give up and get 45d. Then oakwood showed alot of heart and held Milford scoreless in the 2nd. Impressive. Looked like Milford was getting worn out, but they sure came on late. It was great six man all around.

Wonder Dog":lxii4nxx said:
4. Dallas The Covenant at Throckmorton.... Dallas The Covenant is good, but they're playing the finest in all of sixman... I believe Covenant will be the only team during the season to take the Grey Hounds to 4qtrs and won't be a 45ing.... Hounds by 12

Other than Coach Helton and the rest of Knight Nation, you are probably the only guy in all of 6-man that had The Covenant playing Throck half that close.

This was a huge upset. The biggest I've ever seen.

rainjacktx":2zumcmbm said:
Wonder Dog":2zumcmbm said:
4. Dallas The Covenant at Throckmorton.... Dallas The Covenant is good, but they're playing the finest in all of sixman... I believe Covenant will be the only team during the season to take the Grey Hounds to 4qtrs and won't be a 45ing.... Hounds by 12

Other than Coach Helton and the rest of Knight Nation, you are probably the only guy in all of 6-man that had The Covenant playing Throck half that close.

This was a huge upset. The biggest I've ever seen.

Very cool game - Throckmorton is better than ever - Covenant was able to convert on a number of interceptions and they never gave up even though they fell behind in the 2nd quarter - Covenant scored the go ahead TD with 7 seconds left on the clock after Throck had taken a 4 point lead with 1:07 to play

Great game in Milford. No program and I don't know the players. Three specific turnovers for Oakwood and a kickoff return for a TD by #3 of Milford was the difference here.

For what it is worth, scoring went like this.

Milford Oakwood
8-0
8-6
16-6
24-6
31-6 end of 1st

31-12
31-20
31-26 HALF

31-34
31-40
37-40