Week 2... Games of Interest

fajitapete":zhndrzgw said:
CowboyP":zhndrzgw said:
I'm 34 of 40 so far this year. Not too shabby for guesswork.

not too bad cowboy, I was 78% correct out of 110 games but I need to be above 85% to consider the system as working. still ironing out a few bugs due to the loss of all my historical data.
I usually end the year between 65% & 70%. I expect to miss a few more pretty soon.

GSB":1pqzp900 said:
I'm not sure I can comment much on the Oakwood/Milford game, but we did see Milford and Zephyr play week 0. All I can add is that in what appears to be an even game, it should be a match up issue. What I saw from the stands during the Milford/Zephyr game was that Milford had one good spread back that could make defenders miss in space, he had speed, and more importantly, after he bought time by making people miss in the backfield, he still had the ability to deliver the ball to receivers down field. While the team on the whole did not seem overwhelming, the guy, I believe his name was Russell, kept making plays. On the other hand, while Zephyr seemed totally outmanned talent-wise, they still made a comeback and had a chance to win the game. I have not seen Oakwood, but would be interested to hear what they have that can stop the Milford spread back.

All this being said, I thought Geneva and Abilene Christian, who played the following night, would have handed it to both Zephyr and Milford. They were much deeper and had just as much speed. Abilene Christian cruised to 30 point win against Cherokee after their starting QB went to the hospital in the 1st quarter. And Geneva was up 40-8 at the end of the first quarter against Rochelle; and finished the game playing freshmen who made the trip.

That wasn't the ACHS 1st string QB that got hurt. He was the 2nd. 3rd string QB played 3.5 quarters of that game.

All this talk about Oakwood, they should beat Milford they didn't loose but 1 player from last year. I hope they do go underfeated and make it all the way so they can meet up with the mighty grayhounds from Throckmorton.

david_rantala":tf3kcdfz said:
We shall see in a few more days. After this game either way the team that wins is going up in rankings.

WOW! Now there's a bit of insight.
Careful Cowboy, looks as if you're in an intellectual battle with a feller with the scruples of Larry Flint and the intellect of Shaggy (maybe Scooby)....

Chilli isn't getting any love and thats OK. Playing the #1 tapps D II school this week should at least give an indication of what
they might accomplish this year. Should be a good football game.

twodollarbill":2a1n9zib said:
david_rantala":2a1n9zib said:
We shall see in a few more days. After this game either way the team that wins is going up in rankings.

Careful Cowboy, looks as if you're in an intellectual battle with a feller with the scruples of Larry Flint and the intellect of Shaggy (maybe Scooby)....
I'll be careful between now and Friday. Saturday one of us will have to admit to being wrong. I gladly do it if Oakwood wins.

coyote_king":2w17uew6 said:
Any predictions on the sc/gc rivalry?
I'm thinking SC with the win, but I couldn't even guess the spread, but then again you can't count GC out. I think it will be a really good matchup with SC on top.

ryry":8sap9n7l said:
coyote_king":8sap9n7l said:
Any predictions on the sc/gc rivalry?
I'm thinking SC with the win, but I couldn't even guess the spread, but then again you can't count GC out. I think it will be a really good matchup with SC on top.
I agree. I think this one will come down to PATs

i have oakwood picked but at least 12. they only lost 1 starter from last year and gained a few more pretty good players and from what i hear milford has pretty much the same team from last year also. but as always they have a good squad and will always show up to play some hard hittin ball. oakwood also has a very good spread back that knows what hes doing out there. going to be a very good game no doubt about it. good luck to all

CowboyP":1zmrhd2h said:
twodollarbill":1zmrhd2h said:
david_rantala":1zmrhd2h said:

I'll be careful between now and Friday. Saturday one of us will have to admit to being wrong. I gladly do it if Oakwood wins.

I can imagine that ONE o you will be willing to congratulate the other. I'd be willing to even make a prediction on who it will be..

I highly doubt that RL will be 45'd tonight WV not as good as last year and RL is better more depth...I think it will be a good game we shall see

Back