Water Valley vs Borden County

You may be onto something there WV Pride, the Coyotes certainly look to be a formidable foe this Friday night. Still, I don't think the Wildcats are just going roll over and take a beating without something to say about it. We've had success against BC in the past two years but those were different teams and much of that experience and talent has graduated. Hopefully Coach York will put together a game plan that will slow down the high scoring Coyote offense so the WV can stay in the game and start to believe they can win. I know it looks like a daunting task now but remember, anything can happen on a Friday night. That ball takes some funny bounces sometimes and, if they play their guts out, the Wildcats just might surprise some folks.

What do you say out there in Wildcat land? Do we have a chance? Are the big, bad Coyotes just too much? Let's hear from you!

Wildcats have a chance to pull a big upset. Hopefully they are getting everyone healthy. Because of their record, they have to continue believing in themselves. This is a new team that can still do good things.

Right you are Little Doc! That's why I'll be there supporting the WV regardless of the spread. They may roll into district with a 3 - 4 record but they'll be well prepared for whatever Sterling City and Robert Lee can dish out.

I believe Water Valley will have a chance to make it a game if #12 is able to play. Too fast to replace. I believe WV might be able to line up and drive on Borden County but if comes to a game of any type of finesse, BC will take it. Looking forward to seeing the outcome of this one.

Texman301":8kp64eyv said:
I believe Water Valley will have a chance to make it a game if #12 is able to play. Too fast to replace. I believe WV might be able to line up and drive on Borden County but if comes to a game of any type of finesse, BC will take it. Looking forward to seeing the outcome of this one.

#12 is a go and we got our hoss back at center. I agree with you Texman301... execute well and get first downs, control the ball, minimize mistakes, create turnovers on D or get a couple of stops... and oh yeah... make the 2 point PATs. I'm not a coach and it's always easier from the stands... but there's my simple-minded formula for a WV upset.

One small advantage for WV... we're accustomed to chiggers!

GO WILDCATS!

I was fairly impressed with Water Valley tonight. They were better than I was expecting. They definitely turned a blowout into an interesting game in the third quarter.

ignoring the comment from the boy....

Borden County 75, Water Valley 58 with game being called due to lightning with 3:45 left in the 4th. Would have liked to have seen if WV could have closed the gap, but a great second half for the Wildcats against a well-oiled Borden County Machine. Not a 41 point gimme for the yotes as the Granger's toy had predicted. If WV can polish up a few things.. I think they could prove too much for district opponents to handle.

oldfat&bald":2fvclp0i said:
I was fairly impressed with Water Valley tonight. They were better than I was expecting. They definitely turned a blowout into an interesting game in the third quarter.
I too was impressed with WV on Friday. I've seen two other games this season which they struggled. And what a performance by #12.

I thought #12 was defined in one run up the middle late in the game. Most young men would not have that Getty-Up still left in their game considering how much he had already done. Off this week, district next week. Understand that the starters that can return for the year will be back. Feel sorry for the 2 that won't be returning from season ending injuries.

fortyfived":1gatu2su said:
If WV can polish up a few things.. I think they could prove too much for district opponents to handle.
I'm with you on that one fortyfived. I know Robert Lee is looking good at 6-0 but look at who they've played http://www.lonestarfootball.net/team.asp?T=35&S=. Their average opponent rating is 240.6 and their opposition has a combined record of 11-25. Sterling City is 5-2 and here's a look at who they've played http://www.lonestarfootball.net/team.asp?T=31. They have an average opponent rating of 248.6 and their opposition has a combined record of 16-20. The WV is 3-4, has an average opponent rating of 301.6 and their opposition has a combined record of 31-13. A look at their schedule http://www.lonestarfootball.net/team.asp?T=32&S= shows a pretty tough row to hoe. I still believe the WV is the best team in the district but that's why they play the games on the field. Time will tell if the Wildcats can hoist their 5th straight district trophy.

You'd think the success of those Steers would have Chivo Loco all chimed up but haven't heard a single bleat from him. Not that it matters.... but I would have thought that WV would have gone up in the rankings some since we lost by a much slimmer margin than the toy predicted.... but that didn't happen... went down a smidge instead. Now that we are in district play... it's time for the Wildcats to get things figured out early and quit spotting their opponents so many points in the first half!

Water Valley will only have to worry about sterling city for district. If they have anymore injuries then RL might be a threat but that's just a "what if"

fortyfived":2wa593st said:
You'd think the success of those Steers would have Chivo Loco all chimed up but haven't heard a single bleat from him. Not that it matters.... but I would have thought that WV would have gone up in the rankings some since we lost by a much slimmer margin than the toy predicted.... but that didn't happen... went down a smidge instead. Now that we are in district play... it's time for the Wildcats to get things figured out early and quit spotting their opponents so many points in the first half!

I wonder if he's still around?

Old Bearkat":mcubk0k7 said:
I wonder if he's still around?

That's a good question OBK. I'm guessing he either found an open gate and got outta Coke county or got his horns stuck in the fence or made the mistake of attending the Goat Cookoff in Brady, TX.... your guess is as good as mine... but I was hoping we'd get his beard ruffled before week 10 anyway!

I have called for the Chivo Loco numerous times but I hear nothing from him. Maybe, since Robert Lee has gone to the synthetic field, he doesn't hang around there anymore for there is nothing to eat? Hey Crazy Goat-Man... where you at?

Back