Valley

Caprock kid

11-man fan
Where does this district go from here valley is still the front runner but still lost to a team with injuries is this district that far down?

It's pretty apparent that they are!
Valley is the same old Valley!
I think everyone always keeps them ranked as high as they can, just hoping that a high ranking will win them a State Championship!

Yes this district is WAY down....

New coaching change at Petersburg, stud kids not playing this yr due to concussions and another moved away.

Spur is hurt by spreadback being injured and out for season..

Valley will make it to the semi finals where they will lose to crowell/ Throckmorton/ water valley

Valley is down, but not as much as the others. Both Spur and Pete graduated key players and have lost key returnees. Paducah has some talent, but has historically not dealt well with adversity. Turnovers and the ability to stop the other defensively will determine second between these three. Kress will struggle against all of the others.

Whoever gets out has a chance to go further because the next two rounds are winnable, and the regional final could be another District 2 matchup. The road will end at the semis.

Valley has been decimated by injuries. Lost QB1 for season. QB2 has fractured foot. Never mind there being no qb3 - the injuries will also have a huge effect on the defense as well. This will be Coach Tyler's biggest coaching challenge in several years to keep the playoff streak alive.

I'm sure he will. He in can take any team and make them a contender. But it will be interesting to see how he over comes this major set back.

1. Valley - Even with the injuries, Valley is still heads above the rest of this district. They managed to put up 40 on a very good Crowell team. Their kids and coaching staff will put together good game plans to cake walk thru this district due to the other 4 teams being WAY DOWN.

2. Petersburg - Their defense will keep them in every district game, but their offense has struggled at times. The good thing is, The bottom 3 teams don't have good defenses, So the Buffalo's will score more and give up WAY less.... They will take 2nd place

3. Paducah - They are much better than last year, but they won't overtake the top 2. The RB (Mathis, I believe) is as good as they come, but they won't have enough offense to overtake PETE or VALLEY...

4. Spur - Who honestly HAD the 2nd place team, but when their qb/sb went down, There went the ENTIRE team. They don't have enough on the field to overcome his injury. I guess if their is ANY positive from this, is the entire backfield is QB(fr), RB(So), RB(Jr) who will all return with the injured qb (So) will get valuable reps for next year. By looking at scores in the AJ, their defense has kept them in games at the half but the offense isn't good enough to take the top 3

5. Kress - The Roos are in a tough situation in this district. they just may beat Spur

My opinion is this district is one of the weakest in the state this year.
Yeah true it was probably one of the toughest LAST YEAR, but times have changed.

Valley will have enough to win 1st without a doubt...

District RU is between
Paducah, who is putting up MONSTEROUS numbers vs. weaker teams.
Petersburg, Who is playing OK defense but not scoring alot. Their defense, led by Sharples will slow down paducah.

I just believe Petersburg has more than Paducah....

PETERSBURG is the RU in this district

3.Paducah
4.Kress
5.Spur

Rainjacktx,

The video I saw on sixman magazine had #9 playing the entire game. #9 last year was JR. Ketch Smith the QB.
#9 on the video played QB, I'm assuming that was Ketch Smith
Are you sure he had a season ending injury

Ketch suffered the injury very late in the Crowell game. Unfortunately it is season ending. He is a great kid, I hate that this happened to him.

Coach Tyler":3p7h9epa said:
Ketch suffered the injury very late in the Crowell game. Unfortunately it is season ending. He is a great kid, I hate that this happened to him.

Ketch is a great kid. On the field and off. The only silver lining I can offer is that it's better to have it happen in week 3 than in week 9 or 10. You'll figure out a way to win, coach. You always do.

Back