UPSETS

LizardKing

11-man fan
Interesting upsets from week one:

Bryan Allen destroying Sugar Land Logos Prep 50-0. Is Logos just down this year or is Allen that good? I knew Allen was returning significant talent but did not think Logos would be no competition.

Dallas Lakehill over Bulverde Bracken 48-20. That senior class is going to be sorely missed by Bracken. Anyone think after this game Bracken will contend for division 2 again?

Dallas Lutheran demolished by Garland Christian 59-12. Lutheran has to be down more than we thought. I don’t know much about these teams but expected Lutheran to put up decent numbers.

Lake Jackson Brazosport trouncing Katy Faith West 56-16. Brazosport was clearly down last year and didn’t come close to racking up 50+. Is Faith West down or is Brazosport a contender this year?

Sugar Land HCYA Fort Bend crushed by Corpus Christi Coastal Christian 53-7. I don’t know much new about Coastal Christian but expected to see HCYA Fort Bend put on a better performance. They have to be down to only put up 7.

Lastly, although this was not an upset, it was interesting. Haslet Heritage losing to Baytown Christian by only 8. A 42-34 win for Baytown makes me think they are coming crashing down from last year’s juggernaut team. I’m aware they no longer have the transfers from last year but they are fielding 26 guys from what I heard. Will they remain good enough to defend their division 3 crown?

BCA was heavy on talented seniors last year. They have a decent size senior class this year as well

The team looked good overall. Still has speed on defense and offense is loaded again with RB. Don't see them blowing teams out the water like they did to several teams last year. Should give a more than a few teams hope.

LizardKing":bimmayky said:
Interesting upsets from week one:

Bryan Allen destroying Sugar Land Logos Prep 50-0. Is Logos just down this year or is Allen that good? I knew Allen was returning significant talent but did not think Logos would be no competition.

Dallas Lakehill over Bulverde Bracken 48-20. That senior class is going to be sorely missed by Bracken. Anyone think after this game Bracken will contend for division 2 again?

Dallas Lutheran demolished by Garland Christian 59-12. Lutheran has to be down more than we thought. I don’t know much about these teams but expected Lutheran to put up decent numbers.

Lake Jackson Brazosport trouncing Katy Faith West 56-16. Brazosport was clearly down last year and didn’t come close to racking up 50+. Is Faith West down or is Brazosport a contender this year?

Sugar Land HCYA Fort Bend crushed by Corpus Christi Coastal Christian 53-7. I don’t know much new about Coastal Christian but expected to see HCYA Fort Bend put on a better performance. They have to be down to only put up 7.

Lastly, although this was not an upset, it was interesting. Haslet Heritage losing to Baytown Christian by only 8. A 42-34 win for Baytown makes me think they are coming crashing down from last year’s juggernaut team. I’m aware they no longer have the transfers from last year but they are fielding 26 guys from what I heard. Will they remain good enough to defend their division 3 crown?

Bryan Allen is much improved as expected. Takes a new coach a year under his belt to get the kids to buy into the new philosophy. Logos issue this year is they are super young.

Lakehill is the dark horse this year and should have a very solid run. Quite a few juniors and seniors to lead that squad. Got trounced by Bracken last year and I think that may have left a bad taste in their mouths. Bracken definitely missing Presley Day and Stirm from last years squad.

Lutheran definitely missing Sampson from last year. The entire offense ran through him. Garland has 3 very athletic tailbacks out of spread this year. Dual threat run and pass.

Brazosport has a few good players from last year that are back Dodge, and Listak. Katy on the other hand was said to have several injured players that are starters. They have a small team to begin with so this probably made the difference.

Sugarland barely made a team this year and at one point I saw on here that they canceled their season after stepping out of one of the kickoff classics.

Baytown supposedly has a lot of kids suited up but not sure on the number. They lost 6-7 studs from last years team. May be rebuilding? I know Haslet returned quite a few players and have a lot of size. Loaded with juniors and seniors. Won TCAF state championship last year so they are no pushover.

Back