Train horns

I don’t know if I would say “those same scientists”.....indicating a disbelief in God and Christ. Actually there are a great many scientists that DO BELIEVE in God and Christ, it’s just that the atheist media and most of their far left friends and democrat followers, WON’T let those facts get out.
The reason for the date of His birth debate stems from the simple reason that different parts of the world have inverse weather patterns than their opposite side of the globe or hemisphere. That’s is also why it dark on one side of the earth while it is light on the other. The argument is not that He was born, the argument is only what time of the year in that part of the world, given the facts presented in the Bible.

It all boils down to why we have the train horns. We have ours because the kids like it. It increases spirit. It motivates our kids to get in the endzone so they can hear the horn blow for them. It has nothing to do with the fans as I would venture to say a high percentage of our fans don't care for it. It's not about what the fans or the refs or the public wants or likes. It is about the kids that are actually on the field playing. I agree with what someone else commented on here. If the opposing team don't want to hear the train horn it is pretty simple just keep us from scoring!!!

Well said it is truly about the kids and i know our kids ask me every year if the horns will be ready to go this year they really enjoy them

I remember many years back that on Sierra Blanca's homecoming they had ambulances and fire trucks flashing their lights and sirens, roman candles and fireworks going off, and a horse running down the field when they scored. It was really pretty neat and exciting. We won the ball game and afterward I called their superintendent and told him that all of that was illegal, which he was not aware of. I also told him that if his team beat someone that didn't like that kind of celebration, they would turn him in to the UIL and he would probably have to forfeit the game. Haven't been back there in many years. They probably discontinued the tradition. To me, it was kind of enjoyable to watch.

sixman Dad":1qhap6y1 said:
It all boils down to why we have the train horns. We have ours because the kids like it. It increases spirit. It motivates our kids to get in the endzone so they can hear the horn blow for them. It has nothing to do with the fans as I would venture to say a high percentage of our fans don't care for it. It's not about what the fans or the refs or the public wants or likes. It is about the kids that are actually on the field playing. I agree with what someone else commented on here. If the opposing team don't want to hear the train horn it is pretty simple just keep us from scoring!!!

hahahahah OK

Frankly, I wish they'd do away with all of 'em. They're just plain annoying but, of course, that's just my opinion. Yeah, I know we have one at the WV...

Who at the UIL said “all that was illegal “?
Who at the UIL said if they were turned in “they would have to forfeit the game”?
Just wondering which UIL authority is being quoted..........

Edward Golden":3i9knt89 said:
I think the game will survive just fine without the horns. Hardly part of tradition...they only started using the loud things 10-20 years ago.

Hi Eddie G. You wise retired former instructor of our youth. First I heard was Strawn in 03 if I remember right. RS perfected the amplification and multiple horns on the air tank and directing the blast a few years later. A Blast being directed at an opposing teams sideline, coaches, team, cheerleaders and dedicated fans on or near the 40 yard line. I thought meant to disrupt the opponent's coaches and players in particular.
Strawn I belive several years ago reduced the length of the blast, maybe the intensity of it, and moved the horn further away from the stands/consession stand.

We would never intentionally direct the horn at anyone visiting team or home stands. We keep our horn well away from the field at least 10-15 yards from the endzone. We have in the past at visiting sites been asked by the ref to angle it a different way and we did without question. It is not our intention to scare people or cause them to go deaf.

The UIL medical advisory board is meeting today in Austin and train horns are on the agenda.

From Callie Caplan of SportsDayHS:
"The committee just finished discussing train horns at football games. Members weren’t aware of any medical data that would support prohibiting train horns and decided to leave the permission and decibel-level decisions to districts."

Trains started arriving in Navasota, Texas in 1859 and have never stopped. Three different lines arrive there to major switching centers daily. Non stop, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Sometimes it sounds like one continuous train horn. If you don’t like train horns, stay away from Navasota, Texas!

Back