Top teams D1 and D2 2023

Respect is earned! I pretty sure the Rigdon kid has accomplished that! All in all we want these kids to be successful and move onto the next level! If they so chose too! Is that not why we watch this game of football or any other sport? I to have kids that I hope can play at the next level whether they play 1A Ball or 6A ball! Brody white from Benjamin signed with Hardin Simmons to play football! Aiden Loper from Munday signed with Hardin aswell to compete in shot put! No matter the sport the kids have earned a shot in something! Ask a 1A kid at the end of April how tired they are! Your bigger classifications already have set football teams, Basketball teams and so forth with some kids that may be a dual sport athlete! 1A kids represent their schools in all sports! The Best defense in the State crumbled against Westbrook! And then look what they did in Basketball and then the same football Team won State in Baseball! That being said! Give me a 3A school or bigger that has done the same with the same football team or any other sport at that with the same athletes! Cedric Ware will be playing somewhere! If he so chooses too! That Being said Westbrook is #1 in the State! To the Man you have to beat the Man! I hope for a great and safe football season! #AOE

2A New Home lost in the State Semifinals in Football, Basketball, and Baseball.

4A Canyon Randall went 3 rounds deep in football and then made the state tournament in Basketball and Baseball. (as far as I could tell though no kids on the basketball team were on the baseball team to your point!)
4A Boerne were football runner-ups and made the state tournament in Basketball.
4A China Spring beat Boerne for the Football State Championship and won the State Baseball Championship

2A New Home lost in the State Semifinals in
4A Canyon Randall went 3 rounds deep in football and then made the state tournament in Basketball and Baseball. (as far as I could tell though no kids on the basketball team were on the baseball team to your point!)
4A Boerne were football runner-ups and made the state tournament in Basketball.
4A China Spring beat Boerne for the Football State Championship and won the State Baseball Championship
My Point has been proving! 1A kids do it all! You're not telling me what I already know!

My Point has been proving! 1A kids do it all! You're not telling me what I already know!
4A and below kids play multiple sports… 5A and above is where you start to see kids only playing one sport… when I was going to Duncanville my freshman year (2006-2007) (we were 5A which was highest classification at the time) they told us we could only pick one sport + Track and field ! When I was at Life Charter Oak Cliff (3A) all of our kids played multiple sports .. 1A athletes aren’t the only ones that do it all but 1A athletes have a better drive imo!! This is a great conversation!!

4A and below kids play multiple sports… 5A and above is where you start to see kids only playing one sport… when I was going to Duncanville my freshman year (2006-2007) (we were 5A which was highest classification at the time) they told us we could only pick one sport + Track and field ! When I was at Life Charter Oak Cliff (3A) all of our kids played multiple sports .. 1A athletes aren’t the only ones that do it all but 1A athletes have a better drive imo!! This is a great conversation!!
I respect the reply! And only being able to pick one sports probably sucked! All I'm saying is we had 38 kids come out for football. 30 of those kids played basketball, 30 of those kids did track including cross country, tennis was a mix. 34 came out for baseball! Plus Academics! More driven is a good way to put it! At the end of the Day! If you are talented or naturally and athlete! Take it to the next level. And don't live with that "What if". It's crazy to read these post and everyone be so negative about a kid or two! When you're good you're good, whether it be 1A or 6A! Those that have the drive to strive for their greatness should be the ones we should be rooting for! Not down grading them! #AOE

Chris Polk and Kolby Burns- football ... Aaron Whitaker and Zack Barrientos- basketball.... all played sports at the college level.. all from Duncanville Christway Academy ... 2009 Tapps D2 6man State champions head coach Jerry Hargraves and Tapps 1a State semifinalist in basketball in 2010- Head Coach Josh Johnson who is now AD Head football/basketball coach at Wichita Christian School in Wichita Falls, Texas

I'd love to see Rigdon get a shot against D1 talent. Hope someone gives him a real opportunity at the next level.

Who is the last Six man player to play at the FBS/FCS level?
We coached a player at Dallas Lutheran named Joseph Nash, he is a D-lineman at Yale University now!!!! He ended up leaving us after his sophomore year but prior to him leaving us he had never played 11man before!!

Think I posted that a few years ago about my old teammates, they all played NAIA not FBS/FCS !! Chris Polk was on his way to D1 but tore his knee up and had to stop playing… Chris is now a 3time personal trainer of the year and has his own gym here in Duncanville POLKFIT!!!

Think I posted that a few years ago about my old teammates, they all played NAIA not FBS/FCS !! Chris Polk was on his way to D1 but tore his knee up and had to stop playing… Chris is now a 3time personal trainer of the year and has his own gym here in Duncanville POLKFIT!!!
Small world coach, my big brother larry miller played with chris polk and vernon frazier. We use to look up to him and josh harris etc.. When we was in middle school, and growing up through the program.

I know there was a kid from Calvert who went JUCO and signed with Tech after playing at that JUCO for 2 years.

Munday had a kid whose name I can’t remember, signed out with Tech out of HS.

Reginald Davis arguably had the best college career out of the above mentioned from Tenaha.

Welker and Eric Morris were from “smaller schools.”

Zach Thomas played at White Deer winning 2 state championships (granted they were 11-man) before going to Pampa and getting a scholarship at Tech.

There is a lot more, I just wanted to point out that it does happen.

I believe Brian Urlacher played 8-man as well as Mario Williams (1st pick in the draft to Houston).

Hard work pays off but it must be on the field, off the field, and the classroom.

Reginald Davis of Tenaha played11-man. Tenaha is a 2A school. What about the kid from High Island? We’re they 6-man when he was there?

Reginald Davis of Tenaha played11-man. Tenaha is a 2A school. What about the kid from High Island? We’re they 6-man when he was there?

I know Tenaha was 2A but it is still a very small school. The kid from Munday name was Dee Paul I believe. Another kid from a 2A school Dominique Wheeler was also one I forgot to mention.

All great athletes but some just couldn’t take the jump and academic load. That’s why it’s important for HS kids to take it all very seriously.

I know Tenaha was 2A but it is still a very small school. The kid from Munday name was Dee Paul I believe. Another kid from a 2A school Dominique Wheeler was also one I forgot to mention.

All great athletes but some just couldn’t take the jump and academic load. That’s why it’s important for HS kids to take it all very seriously.
Watched Davis at AT&T his senior year at Tenaha. He was a man amongst boys. Tenaha went back next year without him and it showed. They show 152 students. I’m with you on small schools.

Back