Top TAIAO 2015 Teams/Athletes

Coach Dee

11-man fan
What teams do you see on the rise this upcoming year in TAIAO?
Also, which athletes should we be keeping our eyes this season?

Think that SA FEAST will be a beast again along with THESA...always two tough groups- CHANT should be better this season w/ a pretty strong Senior Class returning...Not sure about Tyler HEAT- think that they have lost their beasts in the backfield- not sure what they have in way of backfills...

Div 2- Don't have a lot of exposure there, but think that you have to watch out for Johnson County bouncing back this season along with Austin NYOS...they have some hardnosed kids that play hard...just not sure what they lost to graduation.

Agree Coach- Think it will be interesting to see how some of these teams perform -vs- some of the traditional 6 man powers over the summer in some of the 6 on 6 tournaments...Still have the challenge of not playing some of the perennial powerhouses, but will be interesting to see how things measure up athlete to athlete...

In Division 1 I would think the top teams would still be FEAST, THESA, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Tyler HEAT at the top again

John,

There have been some additions. Stephenville Faith is the only team I can confirm at this time. I will confirm with Wayne and one of us will email you in the next few weeks.

athlete wise, Temple CenTex Homeschool has a couple kids to watch. #22 and #4 Compton McMurray and Elliott Miller. Both are going to be juniors but they are kids you have to watch for. That team lost quite a few kids with graduation and military moves but those two kids have been varsity starters the their freshman and sophomore seasons. They have a new head coach, a new oc, a new dc, but with those two kids they should still be alright.

Agree McMurry and Miller will both be good this year. From what I have seen of CenTex's offense it seems that it doesn't use a primary "feature" back which McMurry could probably be for them.

well the former offense you are correct. they have an almost entirely new coaching staff, and the new OC runs a different offense than in previous years. I have a feeling he and miller will be featured a lot this season. I have heard Miller is moving to the backfield with McMurry instead of being a QB in the tight and instead of spread back in the spread stuff. They should give a lot of teams fits with their ability.

I would think in the right system those two athletes could do some serious damage. But it does take a complete team to win ball games. Can't wait to see what will happen with all the coaching changes, but it sounds promising.

Coach Dee":2czqkjjf said:
I would think in the right system those two athletes could do some serious damage. But it does take a complete team to win ball games. Can't wait to see what will happen with all the coaching changes, but it sounds promising.

Yeah it will be interesting given that this will be their toughest schedule they have ever had, with possibly the fewest key players they have had, especially in the last 3 years. The graduation of almost their entire team from last season is going to create some big shoes to fill in many spots. The schedule is pretty brutal though, Buckholts is always a tough game for them, Holy Trinity with their former coaches is going to be emotional for them, Lometa will be tough again, BCAL is always tough, Capital City is always tough, They are playing San Antonio FEAST this year too and that team is almost entirely returning from the state runner up team from last season, Bryan Allen is stacked again, NYOS is always tough, Parkview should be an easy game, WilCo should be about like Parkview. That is a pretty brutal schedule and with only 12 kids this year they do not have any depth nor do they have the luxary of a JV like seasons past to pull from if someone goes down.

Warcat82":bssx6h3c said:
I just heard BCAL didn't make a team this year, is that true? That'll be a shame because they are a tough bunch of young men.

Very sad. I heard they had to many athletes decide to play for BVCHEA instead this year. My sympathy goes out to the few boys that were left without a team. Best of luck to Coach Tedford and BCAL.

So are those boys just not playing or have they found a team to play on? BCAL is way better than bvchea in my opinion. The coach is a class act too. They could have won their district I think this year.

Warcat82":ymuw3xyg said:
So are those boys just not playing or have they found a team to play on? BCAL is way better than bvchea in my opinion. The coach is a class act too. They could have won their district I think this year.

I could not agree more. As a former coach with the program for the past two years, I know they had plenty of talent to do just that. I have not been informed on whether the remaining kids(two are coaches sons) will play elsewhere or be done.

THAT_GUY_SHELTON":1jiixcdq said:
Warcat82":1jiixcdq said:

I could not agree more. As a former coach with the program for the past two years, I know they had plenty of talent to do just that. I have not been informed on whether the remaining kids(two are coaches sons) will play elsewhere or be done.

That's sad... y'all had man children there that's for sure... bvchea didn't seem as good a program in my opinion, having seen you both play on film...

Back