Times and Matchups for the Hico Six Man Super Saturday

That was a little harsh coming from someone still ranked as 11-man fan. I hope you've got your big-boy pants on, because rj is going to be a little upset. Good luck kid.

antagonist":2a92vhfm said:
An intelligent man would keep his trap shut after last season. You mouthed that Throck wasn't good enough to win. That must have been a slap in the face. It didn't seem to take you long to find a hole and hide. Did you really think we had forgotten that you embarrassed yourself so badly? Use what little brain power you have sit back and STHU.

Funny how the short bus riders think I was the only one last season saying Throck was less than the hype. You do remember them slipping down to 3-4 in the polls for a good part of the season last year, right? Of course you don't, or you wouldn't have wasted your 12th post telling me to shut up.

It's also funny that the same crowd picks out the only team from the east that was in the top ten to prove that I was wrong about the entire east bracket.

If I were you, and thank God I'm not, I would focus on increasing my own intelligence before getting on a public forum and proving to everyone my utter lack thereof. But then again, I remember you being a little Oakwood fanboy last season, so I doubt you'll be able to read any of this post without moving your lips. You may already be as smart as you'll ever get.

Oakwood had a great team last season. They were under ranked all season. If their star player would have been healthy they would have destroyed Lometa. Aquilla had a good team too but they couldn't handle being hit. When they faced a real team they started dropping like flies. CowboyP can talk all the s**t he wants but Aquilla wasnt good enough to beat Oakwood. Even with Aquilla being pansies there is no way Throck could have beaten them or Oakwood. Injuries killed the best 2 teams in the east. But keep mouthing the east will take the title again this year. You're going to eat lots of crow when Oakwood wins the big game. Never mind. You will prolly quit posting so you wont have to admit how stupid you sounded all year.

As far as impact teams in the East, I'm not sure what Aquilla lost but they may be one to watch, two others are Zephyr and May. I think May lost one starting senior and they put 36 points on Throck in the playoffs and were tough against Zephyr. And Zephyr lost one starting senior and are loaded with talent for 2012. I do agree that Abbot and Walnut Springs will be tough.

CowboyP":27b6rv6v said:
Antagonist, you're more stupid than I first thought. First you take on rj & then you mouth Aquilla?!? Boy, I didn't think anyone was that dumb...
He's just being himself.

I like him.
He takes a lot of attention
off of us!

CowboyP":3otefdr5 said:
Antagonist, you're more stupid than I first thought. First you take on rj & then you mouth Aquilla?!? Boy, I didn't think anyone was that dumb...
Oh I don't know, I can think of a few that approximate the IQ level of our little "antagonist",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
By the way I was one of the naysayers about Throck last season. I followed them all season and finally towards the end of the year began to see them mature and begin to play to their potential. To go undefeated is an accomplishment for any team in any region or classification.

smokeyjoe53":3hx6776z said:
CowboyP":3hx6776z said:
Oh I don't know, I can think of a few that approximate the IQ level of our little "antagonist",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,.
Who?

Im not from Aquilla but I did see a HEALTHY Aquilla team and sorry antagonist if Aquilla hadnt lost possibly the best RB in the state against Abbott, you never would have had a chance even with your "stud".

The way I see it is like this, the young men on the field and their coaches will determine who makes it how far. There is not one bit of information on this forum, no matter how ridiculous or genious that is going to determine that outcome. There are going to be good teams from both sides of Texas and just like last year,............ there are sure to be some more surprises. One side may be stronger than the other, but when it comes right down to it,.......... the best team on the field that night will be the champ! I think 2011 proves that point.

truthhurts04":2eihcl22 said:
Im not from Aquilla but I did see a HEALTHY Aquilla team and sorry antagonist if Aquilla hadnt lost possibly the best RB in the state against Abbott, you never would have had a chance even with your "stud".
Thanks. My boys played hard all season & never gave up. That's all you can ask of anyone.

This will be the ninth year of the Hico 6-Man Super Saturday, an event that my brother Mike and I dreamed up. Why? Because we thought it would be fun to bring the best six-man schools in the state together for a day -long celebration of small town football. It has grown dramatically over the years. It is made possible by over 100 volunteers that give up a Saturday to work, local and national sponsors, the coaching staff at Hico and on and on. It has been disheartening to read some of the comments on this blog site since we announced the match up. Don't think it doesn't go unnoticed! We are extremely excited about the lineup. We know the teams that were invited will come to play and play hard for their fans. (Throckmorton, I was told declined, to go to Jayton. We wish the Greyhounds nothing but the absolute best, they have been a tremendous asset in helping us build the event. And it looks as though Jayton has got something special going as well. Remember this is a celebration of Texas six-man football!) We will also miss our friend John York from Follett. However, with the expenses at an all-time high, it has become more and more difficult for the schools to travel the long distances. I, for one, look forward to seeing Dallas Covenant play. Allowing a non UIL school to play was a big decision for the selection committee. But after playing a great game as Throckmorton, the eventual state champions, the committee felt it was time to invite at least one none UIL to play. We are planning other activities as well to "enhance" the fan experience. Are the match ups great? Come to Hico on September 1 and find out! By the way, this is my personal opinion... Jim Ferguson

By the way, blogs are great places to discuss stuff like this. But I have read some awfully hurtful things written here over the years. These are high school kids, not pros and should be treated as such...
Jim

You guys can keep dreaming. Oakwood will take it all this year and it doesn't matter who they play. Nobody will be able to stand up to them. Rainjack keeps bragging on Valley so I hope they get to the finals so Oakwood can send them home at halftime. The hico matchups are a joke. The really good teams won't be there.

I think my team........, I think your team........., done by halftime,.............., they don't have a chance........, I'm just glad the games are decided on the field. No predictions or bold guarantees from me, I'm just glad everyone has a chance to win any given night. That's what keeps things interesting. If we all thought their was no chances to make changes in our US government, why would we bother voting. Guess I could have started a new thread with that last line. ooops!

antagonist":5a7spxca said:
You guys can keep dreaming. Oakwood will take it all this year and it doesn't matter who they play. Nobody will be able to stand up to them. Rainjack keeps bragging on Valley so I hope they get to the finals so Oakwood can send them home at halftime. The hico matchups are a joke. The really good teams won't be there.
Actually,
anytime you want to put together
a Super 6man Saturday
you can go right ahead.
Let Oakwood boys headline it too!
Untill you do you
you're just ranting jibberish.

Back