Times and Matchups for the Hico Six Man Super Saturday

jimedferguson

11-man fan
Here is the schedule for Saturday, September 1st at the Hico Six Man Super Saturday....

11:00 Gordon vs. Ira
1:00 Abbott vs. Dallas Covenant
3:00 Strawn vs. Walnut Springs
5:00 Valley vs. Jonesboro

Other than the Abbott - DC game, those are probably the worst match ups In the last several years - if not the worst ever. Three of the games will be utter blowouts.

Dogface":2t73beah said:
rainjacktx":2t73beah said:
Other than the Abbott - DC game, those are probably the worst match ups In the last several years - if not the worst ever. Three of the games will be utter blowouts.
The West
should be used to getting blown out
by now.

They might not all be blowouts. The last two years Jonesboro looked to be in mid-season form at week 0. I honestly don't know between Strawn and Walnut Springs, which one that you think will blow the other out. Might not be that good of game, but blowout?

Blue Bird":bco9x3kc said:
They might not all be blowouts. The last two years Jonesboro looked to be in mid-season form at week 0. I honestly don't know between Strawn and Walnut Springs, which one that you think will blow the other out. Might not be that good of game, but blowout?

First off, I apologize for saying there will only be one game worth watching. I read words faster than my brain could process them. But nonethelesss, 2 of these games will indeed be a snorefest.

Ira - Gordon - Gordon's had a winning seasons once in the last how many years? Gordon loses huge.

Abbott - DC - the only decent matchup of the day. No clue who will take this one, but Coah Helton will not show up unprepared.

Strawn - Walnut Springs - My bad. I read "Walnut Springs" and thought "Water Valley". This might actually be a decent game.

Valley - Jonesboro - Even if they show up in mid-season form, Jonesboro won't make it much past halftime against Valley.

One good thing about this years Hico event is that it will certainly show the still-glaring disparity between the overloaded West and the less-than-impressive East.

rainjacktx":3tvhispf said:
Blue Bird":3tvhispf said:
...it will certainly show the still-glaring disparity between the overloaded West and the less-than-impressive East.
Good Point!!
Kinda like the State Championship Games did?
Oh wait,
weren't you wrong about those?

Too bad, so sad.

Dogface":qifiinc5 said:
rainjacktx":qifiinc5 said:
Blue Bird":qifiinc5 said:
...it will certainly show the still-glaring disparity between the overloaded West and the less-than-impressive East.
Good Point!!
Oh wait,

Too bad, so sad.

I was wrong about 1 team. Not the entire east side of the bracket.

The only east team ranked in the top 10 at the end of last season was Throck. Now they're in the West. Including Throck, there were all of 3 teams ranked in the top 17 at the end of the season.

Even someone of your severely limited intelligence can look at the numbers and see that, as a whole, the east pretty much inhaled last year. If you have a bit of intellectual honesty in you, you would have to agree that all the indicators point to the east being an even weaker side of the bracket than last year.

The Jayton Classic is gonna be a good one!

Thursday
Borden Vs. Crowell
Throckmorton Vs. Rotan

Friday
Paducah Vs. Newcastle
Highland Vs. Motley County
Jayton Vs. Lueders

Saturday
Sterling City Vs. Chillicothe
Knox City Vs. Petersburg

Should be a lot of fun!

rainjacktx":hbvds7sa said:
Dogface":hbvds7sa said:
rainjacktx":hbvds7sa said:
Blue Bird":hbvds7sa said:
Good Point!!
Oh wait,

Too bad, so sad.

I was wrong about 1 team. Not the entire east side of the bracket.

The only east team ranked in the top 10 at the end of last season was Throck. Now they're in the West. Including Throck, there were all of 3 teams ranked in the top 17 at the end of the season.

Even someone of your severely limited intelligence can look at the numbers and see that, as a whole, the east pretty much inhaled last year. If you have a bit of intellectual honesty in you, you would have to agree that all the indicators point to the east being an even weaker side of the bracket than last year.
As I said on a different thread, rainjack is finally right about something. Overall, the west will be stronger, but there are 6 Div1 teams in the east that can't be counted out. Underestimating one of them would be a grave mistake.

sixmanfootball12":1x5eszka said:
The Jayton Classic is gonna be a good one!

Thursday
Borden Vs. Crowell
Throckmorton Vs. Rotan

Friday
Paducah Vs. Newcastle
Highland Vs. Motley County
Jayton Vs. Lueders

Saturday
Sterling City Vs. Chillicothe
Knox City Vs. Petersburg

Should be a lot of fun!

Jayton looks like the place to be on Thursday night. Those are two stellar matchups, and it's sorta kinda on the way to Hico.

I hope Jayton's football concession can hold its own against the basketball concession.

CowboyP":bxhiv8z1 said:
As I said on a different thread, rainjack is finally right about something. Overall, the west will be stronger, but there are 6 Div1 teams in the east that can't be counted out. Underestimating one of them would be a grave mistake.

If they're all in the top 15 at the end of the season, I'll be a believer. I'm just not convinced that the east is going to have a team that is on par with the Throck's, BC's, Ira's and Valley's. They may give a better showing than last year, but the west gained some instant quality teams in Rotan and most likely Naz.

I think Naz could still be a bit of a question mark, but those yellowhammers scare me. Those guys, plus the already mentioned greyhounds, make the west even more of a meat grinder than last year.

rainjacktx":10q60lij said:
CowboyP":10q60lij said:

If they're all in the top 15 at the end of the season, I'll be a believer. I'm just not convinced that the east is going to have a team that is on par with the Throck's, BC's, Ira's and Valley's. They may give a better showing than last year, but the west gained some instant quality teams in Rotan and most likely Naz.

I think Naz could still be a bit of a question mark, but those yellowhammers scare me. Those guys, plus the already mentioned greyhounds, make the west even more of a meat grinder than last year.
An intelligent man would keep his trap shut after last season. You mouthed that Throck wasn't good enough to win. That must have been a slap in the face. It didn't seem to take you long to find a hole and hide. Did you really think we had forgotten that you embarrassed yourself so badly? Use what little brain power you have sit back and STHU.

Back