Throckmorton vs Calvert

Yeah Mel,She was with me of course,Had to take off work half day,We hit the Square in Granbury,ate,shopped,it was beautiful at night,,Oh back to the game,talked to several local people who came just to see a sixman game,they were not dissapointed,they were surprised how good these teams are,,And Throck,,Nice Band,Played our National Anthem and more

Boquillas":s7gyun27 said:
Certainly considered going to the game last night in Granbury yet too much rushing around involved to get there after work. Not a good idea to be in a hurry driving DFW metromess traffic late in the day on a Friday. Sounds like the game was a good one. I'll be in Granbury tonight for Blum-May and expect the game to be a good one as well. I had hoped Throck-Cal would schedule a 2PM game in Granbury today so I could see both games. Did not work out that way.
It would be difficult to play a day game in granbury. The setting sun would be in one teams eyes the later it got.other than that the stadium was first class. The staff from granbury super nice and helpful. I would definitely recommend playin playoff games there. Plus Granbury is purple and gold, both teams colors

markf":2zyu1ht1 said:
Yeah Mel,She was with me of course,Had to take off work half day,We hit the Square in Granbury,ate,shopped,it was beautiful at night,,Oh back to the game,talked to several local people who came just to see a sixman game,they were not dissapointed,they were surprised how good these teams are,,And Throck,,Nice Band,Played our National Anthem and more

Since Tolar left 6 man in 1976, very few there have seen a game. If Lipan would quit being a commie pinko basketball only school, they might get to see a few....

One last comment,there were so many great plays in
this game,and believe me there was many,But imo the greatest play was when,i'm thinking it was #7 for the Trojans hurdled,Jumped while running full pace over a Throck defender,,Looked like a deer jumping over a 10 ft,fence,,It happened on the Calvert side close to me,Like Wow! I have seen many great playoff games,Calvert-Sanderson,Trinidad-Panther Creek long time ago,who was it? Highland onsidekick re kick at San Angelo? This game was Great!! I think both teams have never been hit like this,Both teams had kids limping and fighting off maybe the biggest hits they ever been involved with,I feel for Calvert,though the score was just PATS short,A play here ,a play there and it was anyones game,Somebody sent me a tape of a night i won't forget.

I remember the play your talking about Mark. Reminded me of a play in 09 when Trey Doyle of Strawn on a long run jumped up and "stiff armed" a tackler with his foot.
As Smokey said the game was a classic. After leaving before half time and listening to the 4th quarter I too would love to see the game on dvd.
BTW did you see the Christmas lights in the park along the creek North West of the square? It's beautiful.
The hit's started early. I'll never forget Mitchel's feet on the first play, all I could see with coaches (from both sides I think) and ref's all around him. Looked like he was rolling from side to side on his back kicking the ground with his heels. Young man was hurtin.

Mark and sweet wife never give up on Calvert. I did want to see them make their first State game in a long time. You always rooted for the underdog team and got to know and love those kids. You and your wife knows all the stories for Calvert and one of these days we would all love to hear them. How is Elmo doing? He was just as kind as you were and still are.

Actually, I don't know what the rules are concerning actually plays. I am just a player's mom and fan of the game Mark. I spend most of the game with my camera but handed a friend my phone and she caught some sideline video with it. Hope you enjoy. It was such a great game.

Back