Throckmorton trying to push baseball through the schoolboard

I have heard all my life (Which is a long time-getting old) that one of the great things about going to a small school is that you can play all the sports and be involved. Nowdays all I hear about is off-season, off-season-off-season. Why not let these kids enjoy playing the sports that are in season. I am not talking about any one school, but all schools in general. The best football teams we have produced here were excellent in all the sports and academics.

Ed Gold is right it will only hurt your track or any other programs if you let it. We are a sixman program and it has hurt our boys track program the last couple of years, BUT WE LET IT. Now all of the administration, the board, and the coaches are behind it and we will make it work. Our most successful program in these past years has been our baseball making the playoffs the last 5 out of 6 years

For those ladies saying that baseball will hurt this and that blah blah blah blah.......... You just making an excuse for why you don't like america's game. I graduated a few years ago ( 4 to be exact) and I played every sport including baseball and track and excelled at both along with the others. Yes it takes a little more time and work, but what else do most kids do now a days... play video games, get fat, get into trouble, cause face it homework really doesnt exist past 8 grade for most schools in texas. Playing all sports available allows for the student athlete to achieve optimal potential and enhance other sports performance by providing different stimuluses for both the neural and muscle development. Because of baseball I was able to go college and graduate with my degree in strength training and coming from a sixman school, just like getting respect of college coaches for playing sixman football, it wasnt easy, but nothing ever is. So, providing the students with more opportunities to excel and showcase their talents allows for a better chance to get seen, and isnt that what every parent and athlete should want.
As far as the weight lifting part, baseball training has some of the normal lifts found in football off season; squat, shoulder work, core training, grip strength, but less or no bench, but plyo pushups with high volume, so it makes it for the bench loss. Many ppl say dont lift during baseball bc of this theory or that theory but it all depends the specificity of the sport, You lift weights the work muscles to used for that sport, and more often or not, it cross over into training for other sports like football and track. You just got to step back and analyze what muscle specificity the sport requires and get after it. Oh yeah football offseason does include summer so those fat, lazy, video game playing bums can get in the weight and get better. Off season doesnt stop the when school does, so lift like what to be a champion, not just another number person that played sixman football.

C and p I love how you come on here and insult people for their opinion. In fact baseball has not been Americas sport in a couple decades and football has always been Texas sport? When reading your novel that I'm sure was full of insights and biased opinions I still didn't make it past your intitial insults. Although speaking of baseball I couldn't support a sport that has accepted and at times covered up widespread drug use and cheating! Not the type of people I'd want my kids looking up too!

Well...I have held it against MLB...and always will...for the steriod era because I think it is cheating too...but I will say that:

They were not cheating like you say, and I think, they were (assuming you are talking about MLB...which is not what we are talking about here...we are talking about HS baseball)...it was not against the rules of MLB to take steriods or HGH...so in reality it was not cheating

But there was one major sport in American where steriods and HGH were used and illegal and that was US track and field...which you left out on your biased rant against MLB!

Baseball is our National Pastime and has been recognized as such for many many years...true the NFL is more popular at the moment (one could argue golf is the most popular sport in America)...and true in Texas our national pastime is football...but in a historical perspective there is no question baseball is our National Pastime

So add to your list of horrible role models: US Olympians for true illegal use of steriods and cover up

And I guess your ok with NFL and NBA players being role models even though they have statistically more murderers, rapist, and felons than pro baseball does...but taking drugs that were not against the rules to take...that is just so horrible that you must protest against an entire sport at all levels regaurdless...well its a free country I guess...

Just wanted to add a little truth and perspective to those false statements...

Side Note: I am very happy that MLB banned steriods and other enhancing drugs and I think the current policy is not harsh enough (I would have a 1 year ban for the 1st positive test and have life-time ban after 2nd positive test)

I come off a little harsh here...but its a subject I am passionate about...

Welcome to Six-Man Football Newbie! I am glad to see the sport expand to East Texas!!

Well Newbie, I am not sorry you couldn't read past the insults (mainly towards your idiotic thoughts) and actually learn a thing or two, but sounds like you need to step up the table with the big boys and leave the children's table of nieve, redundant, and excuse filled thoughts. I am passionate about this subject because I know first hand what a wide variety of sports options including baseball can open doors for a student athlete. Get out of ur neive, narrow minded box and think out side the box and if that hurts, take an asprin to ease the pain. You have a few valid pts as far baseball with steriods, but the NFL, NBA have more drug dealers, rapist, steriod using athletes than baseball could ever think of having. NFL players have become so bad they cant have a party on their own private boat with goodell getting on their butts aka Big Ben. So if you ask me and yourself after your head stop hurting, having baseball players as role models in a HELL of a lot better you beloved 11 Man football stars. Have you ever played baseball??? or were you one of those guys who thought they were too good to play baseball when in your right mind you knew you weren't but wanted to look cool to all the guys????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oneday, you I know what you are sayoing. Every sport is guilty of drug use of some sort; baseball, football, track-steriods and HGH; because athletes are always looking for an edge, and up til acouple years ago, they were ahead sport detection mainly bc their testing was next to nothing but now the athlete and drug testing are even so hopefully we will have many years of drug free, competitve sports for all of our children to watch and idiolize.

Back