Throck Vs Windthorst!

11 man first half, remark the field and then play 6 with portable goal post! I figure if T-Rock is within 20 by half they win! I dont think the best athletes Windy has will be ready for all the open field stuff!

Windthorst runs away with the first half, then throck closes the gap during the second. But honestly I don't see a team that doesn't run a true spread beating an 11 man team. Use speed. Not strength.

Although an interesting concept, it's an exercise in futility.
Scoring is different.
Score 1st half 11 Man 2nd half real football???
Throck will be tard after the brutal strength of the 1st half.
Windy by 7...or 8 (who knows)..

Last time these two teams met was in 2003 with the Trojans defeating the Greyhounds 42-7 in Throckmorton. Throckmorton finished 3-2 in district that year behind Windthorst and Albany, who met in the Region Finals that year. Throckmorton went 4-6 that year, while Windthorst won a State Championship.

I attended the 2010 6-man State Championship, which was my first exposure to the 6-man game. I overheard a gentlemen say the difference in that game was Garden City had better lateral speed than Throckmorton. If anyone knows Windthorst, well, we have never been known for our speed and definitely not laterally if you have seen us on a basketball court. I'm thinking the 6 man portion of the game lasts longer than the 11 man portion. We played Wichita Falls City View three weeks ago and the game was over in less than two hours.

The kids are looking forward to it. Hopefully nobody gets hurt and everybody has a little fun.

I agree with cowboyP, if Throck .can stay within 2 touchdowns i believe they will win. My thing is will throck be worn down during the 11man portion. Im sure Windthorst will have a size advantage and numbers.

Windthorst starting offense line
6' 5 281, 6'5 289, 5'9 230 6'1 243 6'2 202

In their jumbo package they move the 289 and 202 into the backfield and bring in a 6'1 306 and 6'2 292 to take their place on the line. Wouldn't be surprise if they try to use some jumbo combination in the six man portion.

oneday":3hrjw4un said:
Im sure every six-man person who is reading that last post is thinking the same thing...
What's that? Throckmorton is going to run circles around those big guys in the 6-man portion!!!

We can't cover a kickoff in 11 man - it's probably going to be worse in 6 man.

Mr Windthorst guy. I have a friend of mine from that said 22,15,13,33,17 will make a fine sixman team. I'm pretty sure Throckmorton isn't thinking they'll be running around anyone. And Valley and BC have sure won lots of games with 250 plus linemen at times. Going to be fun.

The key as in any football game will be to take care of the football. Can't be putting it on the ground and giving up possessions without taking chunks of time off the clock. Three downs to get 15 or four? I just know that in 11 man we are pretty much a 4-5 yard a pop kind of team. 6 man seems much more explosive and yes we may pop one now and then, it might be a long night for us in the 6 man portion. Not knowing much about how to run an offense or defense.

Sure Throckmorton is using the 6man coming up to play 11 man as motivation as well as it's our Homecoming, but if they decide to do this again next year Throckmorton will again be our homecoming opponent as the last home game before district is homecoming.

Back