Throck vs Windthorst @ Windthorst @ 7:00 pm

lifegatesports":1w85uz7c said:
I want to know how quickly they reset the field for the second half of 6 man ...
Actually did it quickly. It helped that the homecoming activities were done before the game started.........................

I happened to be calling in a score
to KTXQ, "The Endzone"
when I got the text update
on T-rocks final.
I happened to mention
it to the cute voice on the other end when...

What?
How do I know if she was hot,
it was radio for for petes sake.

N-E Wayz...
someone had already called in with a halftime score
and a heads-up on the whole shindig.
(Obviously an 11man fan
since they didn't bother to follow up with the 6man end).
When I reported the final they said the typical thanks etc.
Then when the DJ guy started giving scores
he mentioned the 2 local game scores I had given him
and then went on quite a bit about the T-roc/Thorst.
He explained about the mercy rule
and having to change the field up some
for the second half.
I wish I could remember exactly what he said
but it was something to the effect of
6man proving that it's every bit as real as 11man.
But,
he said it way better than me.
I got all teary eyed and all.
jus sayin'.

Oh, one other thing.
For all you guys callin in 6man scores
don't ever quit!
I have been callin in scores to this one station
for about 7 or 8 yrs.
It was a loooooooooooooong time
before they would even give the 6man score I had called in.
Then slowly they came around.
Then, when they put the Strawn/Gordon playoff game (from several yrs. back) on their station
and one of their top guys came out to do the broadcast
(he had never seen a 6man game let alone called one)
he was sold out completely and now is a big 6man fan!
So keep it up y'all!!
I've even heard you guys say that one reason 6man scores aren't in the paper, radio etc.
is because we don't call em' in.
So....just do it!

Congrats to T-roc!!

Our 4-1 JH Wichita Christian 6-man team of 14 boys played a first ever 11-man game v. Jacksboro Thursday night to fill a hole in our schedule and lost 6-30. With just one week of practice, it's hard to get boys ready to play on the line and our QB was running for his life the entire game. We had a TD on a kick return where there's no line involved and their scores came mostly on sweeps where our guys struggled with the wider field and getting in each other's way pursuing. I'm not saying I know we beat them playing 6-man, but it was nice to attend the Throckmorton-Windthorst game the next night to see how hard it is to transition the other way too.

Throckmorton is one of the premier 6 man programs in the state, no amount of practice or preparation would have done us any good. We worked on 6 man offense for 15 minutes and defense for 15 minutes on Monday and Tuesday. We need to get better in the 11 man so that is where we put our practice time. We called an offensive play last night it was on an 8 x 10 card so everyone could see what they were "suppose" to try to do.!!!!!

Windthorstfan2":1r9w8nje said:
Throckmorton is one of the premier 6 man programs in the state, no amount of practice or preparation would have done us any good. We worked on 6 man offense for 15 minutes and defense for 15 minutes on Monday and Tuesday. We need to get better in the 11 man so that is where we put our practice time. We called an offensive play last night it was on an 8 x 10 card so everyone could see what they were "suppose" to try to do.!!!!!
OMG,
how quickly the excuses start piling up.

Throck seemed better prepared and I think that was what he was trying to say. Throck's D was good, and they adjusted to 11man, Windthorst could not keep up with Throck in 6man. This was a great game to see the difference between the 2 games. FSSW did a great job with their game of the week piece too!!! I hope this happens more often.

No excuses - we played sloppy in both halves. Turnovers galore, fumbling on center-QB exchanges that's junior high garbage. Throckmorton consulted with two of the best coaches at the 1A in Faith and Munday's coach. Had a coach from another school come in for a once a week practice. Throckmorton has a strong 6 man program and could afford to do that, we aren't in that position. We are a young team when it comes to varsity experience. This game obviously meant more to the 6 man world than to us. I said before the game we needed a 4 touchdown lead to have a chance to "win." Granted both of our scores were on their 2's. thankfully for us are 6 man days our behind us because we can't compete at the 6 man game.

I think I understood Coach Reed's approach to the game. Concentrate on defense for the 11-man portion and then turn 'em loose on offense in the 6-man part.
You could almost see the Trojans shock at ease Throckmorton moved the ball in the second half.
I was stuck in the concession line at the start of the second half and overheard several Windthorst fans express
hope for the outcome after holding Throck scoreless in the first half. I probably could have won a little if so inclined...............................................
I'd like to see more exhibitions like this

Smokey....I was in line also to start the 2nd half! heard some of the same stuff...one Windthorst guy was wondering if they could stay with them in the 2nd half and win...I said "well if yall can score 50 points in the 2nd half yall have a chance." He probably thought I was being a smart a@s.

Back