Throck vs Windthorst @ Windthorst @ 7:00 pm

Reed

Six-man fan
I just wanted to post a response to clear up any questions that might come up regarding the game this week

Throckmorton will be Playing Windthorst this Friday October 5th at 7:00 pm for Windthorst Homecoming.

The game will be four 10 min Quarters

The 45 point rule will not be in effect

The score will carry over from first half to second half

The first half of football will be both teams playing 11-man

The second half of football will be both teams playing 6-man

Throckmorton will not be required to change jerseys to notify OL

Halftime will be 30 mins

Officials for the Game will be a knoweldgable crew of both 11 and sixman

During the halftime break. Both Throckmorton and Windthorst staff members will remark the field and set up the goal post for the sixman segment.

If they have enough players to play 11..then they should be playing 11 man.

And just exactly what is your reasoning for this statement? Lots of schools have enough to put 11 on the field?

Lots of teams have enough kids to play JV and Varsity six-man ball or have more than eleven players on their varsity squad. That doesn't mean they should be forced to play a brand of football in eleven-man that could see their entire season ruined by grades, injuries, or disciplinary issues from a few kids.

Too many schools fight, kick, and scream to go down to six-man football when they simply don't have enough kids to keep playing eleven-man ball. For several seasons, Anton had to forfeit a few games in several seasons in a row. It isn't good for the kids, for the school, or for anyone that schedules the teams.

This is going to be a lot of fun and I'm excited that the schools got togeter to do something like this.

loveofgame":129ehypb said:

To be competitive (I'm not saying successful ... I mean being able to play a full schedule, year in and year out -- because the WORST thing you can do for your FOOTBALL program -- 6 or 11 man -- is not being sure if you have 11 man numbers this year, 6 man the next -- I call it the yo-yo plan of football) you need to be able to forecast being able to reliably turn out 28-30 or more young men every year to play 11 man football.

If you can't, especially among private schools, your program is doomed if you have to determine each year if you have 6 man or 11 man numbers.

To make the move successfully, I'd want to know that my junior high (6/7/8) could turn out numbers in the 30s each year (and that the numbers I see in lower grades will continue to sustain that enrollment) and start playing junior high 11 man.

Then, I'd transition from 6 to 11 man by playing JV 11 man and varsity 6 man for a year (maybe two, depending on realignment years) before going to varsity 11 man.

I'd love to tell you that's my own plan, but I stole it. From Austin Regents.

lifegatesports":239zeo2n said:
loveofgame":239zeo2n said:

To be competitive (I'm not saying successful ... I mean being able to play a full schedule, year in and year out -- because the WORST thing you can do for your FOOTBALL program -- 6 or 11 man -- is not being sure if you have 11 man numbers this year, 6 man the next -- I call it the yo-yo plan of football) you need to be able to forecast being able to reliably turn out 28-30 or more young men every year to play 11 man football.

If you can't, especially among private schools, your program is doomed if you have to determine each year if you have 6 man or 11 man numbers.

To make the move successfully, I'd want to know that my junior high (6/7/8) could turn out numbers in the 30s each year (and that the numbers I see in lower grades will continue to sustain that enrollment) and start playing junior high 11 man.

Then, I'd transition from 6 to 11 man by playing JV 11 man and varsity 6 man for a year (maybe two, depending on realignment years) before going to varsity 11 man.

I'd love to tell you that's my own plan, but I stole it. From Austin Regents.

You can also play a couple of 11 man games with the varisty during pre-district games. Marathon did that for a couple of years. Infact, one year they won state, they only played one 6 man game during the regular season (Loop) and 9 11 man games. I think they won them all befoer going on to take the 6 man state title.

Let's go T-Rock. Represent the 6-man world well.

Tired of hearing these kids who play eleven man say "Well that six-man stuff is cute, but 11 man ball is for real." Now show them that the six man players can hang with anybody!

Won't be able to make it sadly! But will for sure be tuning in for a broadcast!

Let's go T-Rock. Represent the 6-man world well.

Tired of hearing these kids who play eleven man say "Well that six-man stuff is cute, but 11 man ball is for real." Now show them that the six man players can hang with anybody!

Won't be able to make it sadly! But will for sure be tuning in for a broadcast!

oneday":uuuuz6z2 said:
pack your coat...they say it is going to be cold!

Cold - I think it's rather balmy well it's football weather that's for sure. As long as the wind isn't blowing it shouldn't be too bad!! Most in Windthorst think I'm crazy that I run around in shorts and a short sleeve shirt in this weather - must be my South Dakota blood.

Back