Throck Going to D-II?

rainjacktx

Six-man fan
During the GF/R - Milford game, Granger mentioned that Throckmorton may be moving to Division II.

If that comes to pass, there is a real possibility the top 5 teams in the combined rankings could be D-II, or private schools.

I dont think so...it seems to me that all the best DII schools were senior heavy this year and some of the good DI schools are returning a lot of kids (Crowell, Blum, Abbott, Strawn will be DI, all return almost their whole team)

In DII Richland Springs actually has a lot returning and a great freshman class coming in...not sure what Throck is bringing back off the top of my head...

Who is Follett losing besides Dakota Wood? They are very well coached, regardless of senior depth.

I think RS season was a one-off this year.

Paducah is moving to D-II as well, and should make a pretty strong showing. Unless I am mistaken, they should be pretty well loaded - but my finger counting could be off.

Then there's Dallas Covenant - unless they move to crowded field, they should be a strong top 3 overall team.

Follett is losing 8 seniors but have some good kids coming up. I dont know if they will be the same caliber as what is leaving but like you said, they are well coached! Motley is jr/so heavy and should be the team to be reckoned with. Amherst is also young with some good speed.

D-2 should be very interesting. RS, will be better. Motley C, wil be in the hunt. With Throck dropping down really makes D2 interesting. Calvert, according to Dave C, returns a great group of Sr's that have started since they were freshman. Oakwood, Paducah, Jonesboro all should be in the hunt. Follett may still be the team to beat.

swires":1ibumptx said:
Follett is losing 8 seniors but have some good kids coming up. I dont know if they will be the same caliber as what is leaving but like you said, they are well coached! Motley is jr/so heavy and should be the team to be reckoned with. Amherst is also young with some good speed.

Amherst is kinda like D-II's version of Paducah. Other than the Miles era, the Bulldogs seem to always find their way to mediocrity. No offense to the fine folks, cattle and cotton gins in Amherst - but that does seem to be the trend.

CK from what I remember, Motley two good backs will be a Sr and Jr next year. Rainjack, your probably right but I saw a lot of potential in them when we played them. For sure not the same caliber of Motley, Throck, Paducah, etc.

And Rainjack, the same could be said for many teams in DII. Lots of potential everywhere in the state but having so many variables such as the coach, injuries, kids coming together at the right time, etc. is what seperates the winners from the losers. Am ready for next season to start already!

smokeyjoe53":12kob5os said:
Around the 52 number for throck I think.

If it's 52, then they're D-II, since UIL announced the cut off at 54.9; I think I've heard a couple schools have petitioned to move up to D-I because of travel (far east Texas schools, High Island may be one of them).

Back