The greatest era in Sixman History was from 1999-2008.

Y’all must of forgot about Crowell 2013/2014. Those kids were awesome. Might have been biggest TEAM I’ve seen. I’m not talking about how many kids they had I’m talking about physically the biggest.
They were big but I’m going with I recall Gordon in 03’ biggest I’ve seen since the 90s. Could it possibly be the shoulder pads along with cowboy collars were bigger back then so they just looked bigger 😂 or were kids actually bigger in the late 80s- 90s. Seems every bit of equipment is getting smaller by the year.

Strawn 2008 was the biggest team across both sides of the ball IMO. J. Lindsey, J. Abbott, T. Doyle, J. Miller, C. Thornton, JT Sharp, T. Robinson and #11. I can’t remember his name off the top of my head. These guys were big strong and fast. Still friends with most of them, but definitely didn’t like playing them.

Did have a blast playing in the All-Star games with Doyle, Thornton and Miller. Great times! Glad they were on my team. I had holes to run through the size of a Mack truck!

Shooooooot.....the two Abbott teams of 99 and 2000 were freakishly big guys and strong dudes. I played against them fellers!!
If you look at rosters and they are correct none of the above teams were as big as the 2018 mclean tigers at least height wise maybe even body weight

You can’t find a roster for 2008 Strawn, but they are on YouTube. They were mosters. Lindsey and Doyle were both easily 6’2/ 210 range. Correct me if I'm wrong @Leman Saunders
Crockett 6'2 205
Kater tate 6'5 235
Henderson 6'3 220
Hannon 6'2 195
Manner 6'1 185
Ashore 6'1 195

Not here to dispute who would win out of all the teams but out of 100's of games I've never seen bigger kids as a starting 6 in my life
My second largest would be crowell

You can’t find a roster for 2008 Strawn, but they are on YouTube. They were mosters. Lindsey and Doyle were both easily 6’2/ 210 range. Correct me if I'm wrong @Leman Saunders
You were a damn good player yourself Haustin. #11 in 2008 was Christian Johnson. From the D1 Q/F game in Mineral Wells Program, where the Hounds beat the Horns to advance, he wasn't that big 5'8" - 150, but he was strong and fast, a Sr QB who alternated with #12 Adrian Garcia. You pretty much nailed Jonathan (Lindsey) at 6'2'" 215. Trey (Doyle) was listed at 6'1"about "only" 190 (he probably put on a little more muscle by 09). Johhny Abbott, the state MVP was 5'8 165, fast, quick, could pass, muscular as well. Cliff Thornton was 5'9" 190, James Miller was 5'8" 180. Both were hosses so to speak when it came to blocking.

You were a damn good player yourself Haustin. #11 in 2008 was Christian Johnson. From the D1 Q/F game in Mineral Wells Program, where the Hounds beat the Horns to advance, he wasn't that big 5'8" - 150, but he was strong and fast, a Sr QB who alternated with #12 Adrian Garcia. You pretty much nailed Jonathan (Lindsey) at 6'2'" 215. Trey (Doyle) was listed at 6'1"about "only" 190 (he probably put on a little more muscle by 09). Johhny Abbott, the state MVP was 5'8 165, fast, quick, could pass, muscular as well. Cliff Thornton was 5'9" 190, James Miller was 5'8" 180. Both were hosses so to speak when it came to blocking.
My apologies, @tdog5344. Boy was I off. I was 5’8 my junior year and unfortunately only grew another inch my senior year, but I remember lining up to those guys in Hico and just looking up saying, “You have got to be kidding me!” Regardless of height. They were a legit, very physical (mean), farm fed stout team.

My apologies, @tdog5344. Boy was I off. I was 5’8 my junior year and unfortunately only grew another inch my senior year, but I remember lining up to those guys in Hico and just looking up saying, “You have got to be kidding me!” Regardless of height. They were a legit, very physical (mean), farm fed stout team.
Agreed they were damn good lol size doesn't always matter but it does help !!!

Yes those guys were monsters! I have a roster for them but not sure if I can attach it

2018 McLean, and 2016-17 Borden County were big teams...probably the two biggest size wise Ive seen in a while

This Oglesby vs RS game is huge example of how missing extra points will haunt you. I think Oglesby has missed 4 attempts. That could come back to bite them.

Nothing needs to change. Six-man teams today would wipe the floor against any team from 1999-2008.
Only 3 or 4 of the teams today. No doubt Benjamin, Westbrook or Gordon of today would run away with it all most years and that's because they are in a super power class that you just didn't see too much of. The issue is the sharper drop off after you get out of the top 5. The middle was much stronger back in the day.

Back