The Future of all Those West Texas Windfarms

Blue Bird":jt9tiib9 said:
Old Bearkat":jt9tiib9 said:
4093586_orig.jpg

This picture looks like there is a little too much water to be in West Texas! Did lightning hit it or was it just a hot gear box? Bad bearing maybe?

Could have been any of the three. The article did not say. Bearings and gearboxes are the most common failure modes for windmills.

What happens to that contract when the government subsidy runs out and the company goes bankrupt? You may get stuck with three huge hazards on your property that will be expensive to get rid of. At least that's better than having 40 of them.

well once they run out, I'll use mine as extra tall windmill and I'll hang my christmas decorations from them..... OR BETTER YET.... I'll paint mine scarlet and black and add the Double T logo on it..
Then run a streamer from it saying, TECH JUST BLEW YOUR COLLEGE OUT OF TOWN

JUST SIGN ME UP........... &............SHOW ME THE $$$$$

Who do I call to get 3 to 6 of those rascals set up near my house in downtown Lubbock off of 19th and slide...
SIGN ME UP

Wonder dog,
how bout just putting a few in lubbock and once they die out, we can hook up LP&L power to them and turn them on every time that FOWL STINCH COMES BLOWING IN FROM THE SW, You know the feed lot smell....

oldfat&bald":1c3s1pv3 said:
There's one on the North side of 180 just on top the Cap that had a blade break off it. I'm glad I wasn't anywhere near when it happened.
I went through there in April ............. they do have a few of them up there. ...........

I noticed them putting some in
just west of 108 south
heading into Stephenville.

I didn't know they were still building them.

51eleven":2geer2vn said:
smokeyjoe53":2geer2vn said:
Pretty sure I've had dog and possibly kittykat. I used to frequent some somewhat questionable dining establishments across the border back in the '60's........ Didn't seem to bother me much other than some uncontrollable leg shaking .........

But no leg hiking?
Actually,
Im against anything
that's against leg hiking.

Dogface2":1ieozbju said:
This thread is pretty old
yet they're still building them.

That's because our tax money is still going to subsidize them. Eliminate the subsidy, and construction will stop, and the companies running the operating windmills will begin to walk away from them.

Back