The Best Athletic Facilities

"The more you're willing to invest in the athletic program, the more success you will see on the field, court, and track"

Investing into the athletic program doesn't just mean the facilities. To me, you invest in the well being of the kids more than you do the facilities. Sure, it would be nice to have a million dollar turf field and a top quality field house, but if you're struggling with lazy, arrogant, out of shape brudes, all of that flash will make you look foolish in the end.

Why state the obvious observation all of the time? Obviously coaching and fan support has nearly everything to do with the success of a program. Let's get beside the point for once.

Future programs should be geared towards building up young boys into men beyond the confines of the gridiron. Mentioning a few scriptures here, praising God after a game and in interviews there, isn't going to shape these kids lives alone. There has to be a sell out mindset that we coaches need to have with these kids.
What good are we as a coach and a mentor if we don't empart the knowledge and wisdom we have aquired over many years on this earth? Is life not more than wins and loses?
Don't get me wrong, winning is everything to me, but there needs to be more applied to the process of winning. There needs to be a preparation beyond that senior year so that each kid won't conform to the corruption going on outside of the bubble of athletics that we all are familiar with. We must find creative ways to prepare them through sports for the real world. Preaching on adversity while doing conditioning drills is equipping them for adversity during a game, but what happens when adversity hits them after high school? They can't just "run" through that adversity.
I just constantly pray for wisdom on how to be a better mentor in that aspect when teaching these boys how to win in life.

Apologies for going off on a rant.

13forever you titled this thread "The Best Athletic Facilities" and you started your first post with ... "I feel as though the athletic facilities reflect the outcome of each teams success."

I dont think there is any blanket statement that can sum up success. When you are dealing with small schools playing six-man one kid can make or break your success. There is only so much a coach can do if the well is poisoned. While in some cases the coach ends up being a father figure to certain players the responsibilities you are talking about depend on parenting.

Wow,
good word 13!

Interesting how some of the tracks differ.
I thought there was one standard.
Is it more of a range
they have to fit into?

Dogface2":2ns8bgd4 said:
...Interesting how some of the tracks differ.
I thought there was one standard.
Is it more of a range
they have to fit into?

Yeah it looks like the guy that built the track at Ropes lost his way. haha

Happy's track seems to be wider.

That's the one that jumped out at me
then
Gran/Roy looks skinnyer
than usual
but that could be a photo prob. I guess.
Great stuff nontheless!!

Six-Man Stadium Montage #3
SixmanStadiums3.jpg

Insight":3hqvx8cn said:
Is Paducah's field made of gravel? LOL... Maybe someone should work on an agronomy course at a few of these schools.
Good Point!!
Unfortunately.
few supe's know what Agronomy is
let alone how it could save them some money.
jus sayin'.

A few professors from Tarleton would be more than happy to provide tons of information to Supe's about Agronomy, at least one golf coach there as well has a good bit of experience

Gold-Burg has a really nice field. Locker Rooms aren't the best, but they are good. Stadium has a real nice six man feel with all the cars surrounding the field.

Forestburg is possibly the worst field I've had the misfortune to play on. Rocks everywhere, random holes, and the ground was hard as a rock. Locker Rooms were horrible. But the stadium itself was not bad, at least on the home side.

Throck's stadium is just gorgeous, and the locker rooms are great as well.

I actually enjoyed the time I spent on the Richland Springs field back in the day, though as a visitor I either saw the tail end of Etheridge at the time or a pack of coyotes put me on mine. Either way it had a real nice feel to it, and going back to watch games there I still like the feel. Then again maybe that concussion the Coyotes gave me had a lasting effect....

Back