Thankful!!

Wildcats5421

Six-man expert
After watching Sixman my entire life and being part of the town of Westbrook since my 8th grade year, I have seen a lot of ups and downs as all of us in small towns have, I’ve seen teams with little to no talent come through, I’ve seen very good teams that beat teams in preseason that end up making it 2 rounds deep In playoffs not even make it out of a loaded district. I’ve seen coaches who dedicated themselves to this school for years and I’ve seen coaches who have used us as a stepping stone along their path to something “bigger and better”. A few years back when Coach Matlock ( Westbrook graduate) decided to come be a coach for some reason I had a good feeling about it. I know he is passionate and I know he is a hard worker. What I didn’t know is where he would lead this group of kids along their journey and for that matter this entire community. The first couple of years were rough of course but the kids really bought in too the weights and really bought in to just doing things the right way, win or lose. He demands respect and he demands sportsmanship wether your winning or losing, you will do it the right way. I’ve watched a ton of sixman football over the years and I’ve seen things on the field from kids that make me cringe wether it be showboating or just getting mad because they got tackled too hard lol and I’ve seen teams go belly up when things get hard. I am so proud of how our kids carry themselves on and off the field and that is because of this coach and his staff. He’s never had kids brag about personal stats or personal goals or anything of the sort. He’s always preached and prayed over our boys and let them know that’s it’s about the team and not individual stats or awards. We are so very thankful to have a leader like coach Matlock who shows our kids everyday what it’s like to be a great leader and most importantly what’s is like to be a great man. We will lose a great class this year with 5 great kids moving on including in my opinion one of the best to ever play the game in Cedric Ware who is no doubt the most humble kind hearted kid you will ever get the privilege of knowing. Pahton Dominguez one the best defensive players I’ve ever seen with my own two eyes, who Wednesday played his heart out after being taken To Dr the night before because his leg was hurting so bad he couldn’t walk. He played with tears running down his face literally the entire ball game because he loves the game and most importantly he loves his teammates and coaches. Hadley White, Colton Walters and Lane Hale the exact thing you look for in leaders and great teammates. They have never been about stats or anything else other than winning football games with their brothers. These last two years have been amazing and I’m here to tell you is far from over, we will come back loaded again next year and with that hunger to get right back to the top. We will face doubters from every angle as we have the past two seasons whether that being from nobody’s to people with a platform. We will be ready for the fight that is most definitely ahead of us with the same brutal schedule we have grown a custom to. But one thing will not change is that we will do the right way because of the kids and coaches that we have. So with that being said I just want to say a huge thank you to our Westbrook Wildcats (back 2 back state champions) for taking us on a journey that we will never forget as long as we live. We love each and everyone of you boys and coaches!!

AOEON3

Last edited:
After watching Sixman my entire life and being part of the town of Westbrook since my 8th grade year, I have seen a lot of ups and downs as all of us in small towns have, I’ve seen teams with little to no talent come through, I’ve seen very good teams that beat teams in preseason that end up making it 2 rounds deep In playoffs not even make it out of a loaded district. I’ve seen coaches who dedicated themselves to this school for years and I’ve seen coaches who have used us as a stepping stone along their path to something “bigger and better”. A few years back when Coach Matlock ( Westbrook graduate) decided to come be a coach for some reason I had a good feeling about it. I know he is passionate and I know he is a hard worker. What I didn’t know is where he would lead this group of kids along their journey and for that matter this entire community. The first couple of years were rough of course but the kids really bought in too the weights and really bought in to just doing things the right way, win or lose. He demands respect and he demands sportsmanship wether your winning or losing, you will do it the right way. I’ve watched a ton of sixman football over the years and I’ve seen things on the field from kids that make me cringe wether it be showboating or just getting mad because they got tackled too hard lol and I’ve seen teams go belly up when things get hard. I am so proud of how our kids carry themselves on and off the field, and that is because of this coach and his staff. He’s never had kids brag about personal stats or personal goals or anything of the sort. He’s always preached and prayed over our boys and let them know that’s it’s about the team, not individual stats or awards. We are so very thankful to have a leader like coach Matlock who shows our kids everyday what it’s like to a great leader and most importantly what’s is like to be a great man. We will lose a great class this year with 5 great kids moving on including in my opinion one of the best to ever play the game in Cedric Ware who is no doubt the most humble kind hearted kid you will ever get the privilege of knowing. Pahton Dominguez one the best defensive players I’ve ever seen with my own two eyes, who Wednesday played his heart out after being taken To Dr the night before because his leg was hurting so bad he couldn’t walk. He played with tears running down his face literally the entire ball game because he loves the game and most importantly he loves his teammates and coaches. Hadley White, Colton Walters and Lane Hale, the exact thing you look for in leaders and great teammates. They have never been about stats or anything else other than winning football games with their brothers. These last two years have been amazing and I’m here to tell you is far from over, we will come back loaded again next year and with that hunger to get right back to the top. We will face doubters from every angle as we have the past two seasons, whether that being from nobody’s to people with a platform. We will be ready for the fight that’s most definitely ahead of us with the same brutal schedule we have grown a custom to. But one thing will not change is that we will do the right way because of the kids and coaches that we have. So with that being said I just want to say a huge thank you to our Westbrook Wildcats (back 2 back state champions) for taking us on a journey that we will never forget as long as we live. We love each and everyone of you boys and coaches!!

AOEON3
I will say this, I talked to one of the starters from Rankin this year and he told me that of all the games they played that WB played the “cleanest” game of anyone and it wasn’t even close. Those statements are some of the biggest compliments a team can get, IMO! Mad respect for the program you guys have there.

Very good program put in place by a very good man. I have the utmost respect for Westbrook, the coaching staff, and the players. I love the way they play the game, and I'm a fan. I really wanted them to lose two games this year, I will admit....but they are extremely deserving of everything they have achieved. Congrats again Wildcats.

After watching Sixman my entire life and being part of the town of Westbrook since my 8th grade year, I have seen a lot of ups and downs as all of us in small towns have, I’ve seen teams with little to no talent come through, I’ve seen very good teams that beat teams in preseason that end up making it 2 rounds deep In playoffs not even make it out of a loaded district. I’ve seen coaches who dedicated themselves to this school for years and I’ve seen coaches who have used us as a stepping stone along their path to something “bigger and better”. A few years back when Coach Matlock ( Westbrook graduate) decided to come be a coach for some reason I had a good feeling about it. I know he is passionate and I know he is a hard worker. What I didn’t know is where he would lead this group of kids along their journey and for that matter this entire community. The first couple of years were rough of course but the kids really bought in too the weights and really bought in to just doing things the right way, win or lose. He demands respect and he demands sportsmanship wether your winning or losing, you will do it the right way. I’ve watched a ton of sixman football over the years and I’ve seen things on the field from kids that make me cringe wether it be showboating or just getting mad because they got tackled too hard lol and I’ve seen teams go belly up when things get hard. I am so proud of how our kids carry themselves on and off the field, and that is because of this coach and his staff. He’s never had kids brag about personal stats or personal goals or anything of the sort. He’s always preached and prayed over our boys and let them know that’s it’s about the team, not individual stats or awards. We are so very thankful to have a leader like coach Matlock who shows our kids everyday what it’s like to a great leader and most importantly what’s is like to be a great man. We will lose a great class this year with 5 great kids moving on including in my opinion one of the best to ever play the game in Cedric Ware who is no doubt the most humble kind hearted kid you will ever get the privilege of knowing. Pahton Dominguez one the best defensive players I’ve ever seen with my own two eyes, who Wednesday played his heart out after being taken To Dr the night before because his leg was hurting so bad he couldn’t walk. He played with tears running down his face literally the entire ball game because he loves the game and most importantly he loves his teammates and coaches. Hadley White, Colton Walters and Lane Hale, the exact thing you look for in leaders and great teammates. They have never been about stats or anything else other than winning football games with their brothers. These last two years have been amazing and I’m here to tell you is far from over, we will come back loaded again next year and with that hunger to get right back to the top. We will face doubters from every angle as we have the past two seasons, whether that being from nobody’s to people with a platform. We will be ready for the fight that’s most definitely ahead of us with the same brutal schedule we have grown a custom to. But one thing will not change is that we will do the right way because of the kids and coaches that we have. So with that being said I just want to say a huge thank you to our Westbrook Wildcats (back 2 back state champions) for taking us on a journey that we will never forget as long as we live. We love each and everyone of you boys and coaches!!

AOEON3
That’s how it should be. We feel same about our kids coaches school and community here in big city of May. Congrats again on this season.

I’m thankful for another season of High School football especially six-man. I never get to watch as many games as I want and the team I’m pulling for doesn’t always win. As I make more friends with coaches and fans I have found myself at a few games where I’m friends with people on both sides. Celebrate and comfort at same game. I made a new friend this year that I will follow and visit with as he begins his coaching career next year. I want to wish all the luck in the world to Milford Insider. I think he going to have a great career. Everyone have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. We will try it again in 2023.

Congrats M.I.! Been seeing your posts on here since 2016.

That ?year you insisted from preseason on that Milford would make it to "the big dance," with everyone else on here saying NO Way. But in the end, there they were!

Sure oldfolks will let us know, but any way you'll be at Milford with Coach Cervantes?

Last edited:
After watching Sixman my entire life and being part of the town of Westbrook since my 8th grade year, I have seen a lot of ups and downs as all of us in small towns have, I’ve seen teams with little to no talent come through, I’ve seen very good teams that beat teams in preseason that end up making it 2 rounds deep In playoffs not even make it out of a loaded district. I’ve seen coaches who dedicated themselves to this school for years and I’ve seen coaches who have used us as a stepping stone along their path to something “bigger and better”. A few years back when Coach Matlock ( Westbrook graduate) decided to come be a coach for some reason I had a good feeling about it. I know he is passionate and I know he is a hard worker. What I didn’t know is where he would lead this group of kids along their journey and for that matter this entire community. The first couple of years were rough of course but the kids really bought in too the weights and really bought in to just doing things the right way, win or lose. He demands respect and he demands sportsmanship wether your winning or losing, you will do it the right way. I’ve watched a ton of sixman football over the years and I’ve seen things on the field from kids that make me cringe wether it be showboating or just getting mad because they got tackled too hard lol and I’ve seen teams go belly up when things get hard. I am so proud of how our kids carry themselves on and off the field and that is because of this coach and his staff. He’s never had kids brag about personal stats or personal goals or anything of the sort. He’s always preached and prayed over our boys and let them know that’s it’s about the team and not individual stats or awards. We are so very thankful to have a leader like coach Matlock who shows our kids everyday what it’s like to be a great leader and most importantly what’s is like to be a great man. We will lose a great class this year with 5 great kids moving on including in my opinion one of the best to ever play the game in Cedric Ware who is no doubt the most humble kind hearted kid you will ever get the privilege of knowing. Pahton Dominguez one the best defensive players I’ve ever seen with my own two eyes, who Wednesday played his heart out after being taken To Dr the night before because his leg was hurting so bad he couldn’t walk. He played with tears running down his face literally the entire ball game because he loves the game and most importantly he loves his teammates and coaches. Hadley White, Colton Walters and Lane Hale the exact thing you look for in leaders and great teammates. They have never been about stats or anything else other than winning football games with their brothers. These last two years have been amazing and I’m here to tell you is far from over, we will come back loaded again next year and with that hunger to get right back to the top. We will face doubters from every angle as we have the past two seasons whether that being from nobody’s to people with a platform. We will be ready for the fight that is most definitely ahead of us with the same brutal schedule we have grown a custom to. But one thing will not change is that we will do the right way because of the kids and coaches that we have. So with that being said I just want to say a huge thank you to our Westbrook Wildcats (back 2 back state champions) for taking us on a journey that we will never forget as long as we live. We love each and everyone of you boys and coaches!!

AOEON3
Definitely 100% thankful for our Coaches, Players and our Seniors this year. More importantly, I'm thankful that those players are remembered for their attitude and the way they carry themselves on and off the field. Westbrooks Seniors are some of the most respectful and humble young men you will ever meet. I'm proud to have been able to watch them for so long and be a part of their journey and I'm so glad that they have set such an amazing example for our underclassmen of how to play this game with heart and integrity.

Back