Teams that have won 75% of their games in the past 10 years

Boys 2 Men

11-man fan
The Valley Patriots have one 76% of their games over the past 10 years
With a record of 95 & 30.
What other schools have one over 75% of their games over the past 10 years?

Very impressive. I was confident that Richland Springs would be the highest. That is an amazing record.
Borden County is 78% at 97 & 27.
What about Abbott?
Any private Schools?

Boys 2 Men":106lc1t6 said:
Any private Schools?

Looking through this site's archived scores, it looks like The Geneva School of Boerne has only played 7 seasons (and only 2 games in each of the first two are listed...I guess the rest were against JV teams?). Their record in that time is 53-11-1 for a percentage of 82.8%.

TexianDoc

With a record of 95-20, the Ira Bulldogs have won 82.6% of their games since the 2005-2006 season. If not for one 4-6 season, it would have been much better. This is all according to Max Preps.

Not trying to be a buzz kill or anything but how many of these winning schools are sending 75% of their boys to college or trade school? Aren't athletics just a means to train kids to work hard enough to be successful in future life endeavors? I feel sorry for those that say things like making the playoffs could be the highlight of a kids life.

Abbott is 100-26 for a win percentage of 79%. I believe Abbott has the third most wins during this time period behind RS and Throck.

ol' gus":3eugwvi1 said:
Not trying to be a buzz kill or anything but how many of these winning schools are sending 75% of their boys to college or trade school? Aren't athletics just a means to train kids to work hard enough to be successful in future life endeavors? I feel sorry for those that say things like making the playoffs could be the highlight of a kids life.

Whether you go to college or not, getting into the playoffs and going far will be a highlight of your life, though it should be merely the first such highlight.

BTW.....if you are not going into one of the STEM fields or accounting, a college education is generally wasted money. Better to either get into farming, or hit a 6-18 month trade school and learn a good trade. Plumbers and machinists make more than engineers anyway.....

Seems like we're in agreement for the most part but research proves college grads make more money. And as a plumber and a guy who can machine parts I want to know where I should go to make more than my engineer unkle who works for Devon. You're way off on that one dude.

ol' gus":cgvugda6 said:

Not necessarily the highlight of a kid's life, but possibly the highlight of his highschool days.
I know that my best high school memories are of athletics and acheivements therein, and also of Ag. and FFA trips.
About the most outstanding memory in Mrs. Jones' English class is, "Turn around and be quiet! You will never amount to anything!"
And you know, she was right. I aint never amounted to nuthin.

I have no doubt that earning a playoff berth must be a very exciting part of a students high school experiences. Im so proud of all the kids ive known who worked so hard and had their hard work recognized with playoff wins. Ive also heard more than one kid also remark that they realized they didnt earn their spot and would rather not go, than go just to get slaughtered. This is when a responsible adult steps in and does something. Just my thoughts on the matter.

3back":2geufbcv said:
Strength of schedule of those teams would be interesting to see.

Great comment. Thank goodness Granger has the year end rankings to be able to compare. But when you dig into the data it becomes evident that the scaling of the rankings has changed some over the past 10 years. The relative difference between the top teams is still about the same. But if you just average the final rankings, it gives the advantage to the programs that have seen the most success recently, where as teams that were stronger in the previous five years don't get quite as much weighting. Does someone have a good suggestion of how to compare the final year end ratings that Granger is so kind to leave up for us to review on this site?

ol' gus":2oupi9te said:
Ive also heard more than one kid also remark that they realized they didnt earn their spot and would rather not go, than go just to get slaughtered. This is when a responsible adult steps in and does something. Just my thoughts on the matter.

Care to go ahead and name a few?
I personally think any kid who told you this must have been a third-string sideline stander, who hated cold weather.

Back