TAPPS Division III

I think it should be a very interesting year in Division III. There are a few teams that I suspect should come out of the gates pretty strong. Notre Dame, Seguin, Freddy, and Living Stones always seem to reload well.

Being a Dallas guy I'm very interested in how DIII-2 plays out. Fulton always has a strong team, as does Brownwood Victory Life. But watch out for Canyon Creek, we played there middle school team last year and they had some stud 8th graders. I'm very interested in what Longview Trinity has, they have a three year starter returning at QB who was all state at spread back and I think they have all but one starter returning. We actually play three teams in the district (Carrollton Christian) Canyon Creek, Trinity, and Victory Life, and we scrimmage Fort Worth Classical. It's going to be one of the most competitive districts in private six man this year.

I appreciate the feedback. The wait for 6 man football is always excruciating. :)
I think it's going to be very competitive and agree that the usual suspects should be hanging around for the playoffs. Wichita Christian will have many freshmen on the squad, but those freshmen were part of a very talented and undefeated junior varsity team. The Stars return three starters from offense and defense. I believe they only have one senior this season.

djb0412":ej0dosbj said:
Being a Dallas guy I'm very interested in how DIII-2 plays out. Fulton always has a strong team, as does Brownwood Victory Life. But watch out for Canyon Creek, we played there middle school team last year and they had some stud 8th graders. I'm very interested in what Longview Trinity has, they have a three year starter returning at QB who was all state at spread back and I think they have all but one starter returning. We actually play three teams in the district (Carrollton Christian) Canyon Creek, Trinity, and Victory Life, and we scrimmage Fort Worth Classical. It's going to be one of the most competitive districts in private six man this year.

The addition of Brownwood Victory Life and NCTA make district II even more competitive. Heath Fulton always seems to field a solid team.
District 1 has already lost Amarillo Holy Cross and I'm not sure if EP Jesus Chapel will have a team this year either. That would leave Lubbock Kingdom Prep, Notre Dame, and Wichita Christian.

Three teams have dropped out of Division II now leaving it with 19 teams. I'm thinking the TAPPS experiment of the 3 divisions for six man will only last for this alignment cycle. Especially since some D1 schools with be going 11 man like Dallas Covenant. But you never know, maybe some more teams will start playing six man the next two years, I know Dallas Lutheran is playing it at the Middle School level. I will be very interesting when TAPPS releases the playoffs brackets, if it will be a 8 team or a 12 team. The good thing about 3 divisions is more teams will be able to make the playoffs, which I am all for.

I agree. I like seeing more teams in the playoffs. Usually it's the same programs that make it, but it's nice to see some new teams make it. I'm just ready to see some action.

What are the numbers looking like for Districts 1 and 2? I know here at BCA we have 10 this year, which after considering the past few years, is a big number for us.

I put a little more concentration into the Wichita Christian numbers. They actually have four starters returning, two of whom are seniors. The returning QB and RB are juniors. There should be about 15 players this year with half being freshmen from last season's undefeated junior varsity team.
I know Notre Dame lost some star players from last year, but they always seem to come back strong.

Division III should be really strong. I think district 2 could be one of the more competitive districts in TAPPS. Each school should be a playoff contender. Fulton is always tough, as is Brownwood, and NCTA. Longview Teinity returns their best player, and FW Covenant Classical returns every starter from last years team. Lets kick this thing off!

Amy word on when will know how the playoffs will work? I haven't see anything yet. I also heard that Jesus Chapel has dropped this year leaving it a three team district.

Back