Division II District 1

Probably shake out that way. ND clearly has a lock on that district.

If the Division stays as a whole then I see ND exiting in the Semi to Live Oak.

The power is in the South again this year.

Until Live Oak moves to D1, they are not losing to anyone. They may stay at the D2 cutoff number forever and keep rolling without competition!

I wouldn't say rolling without competition.

Conroe has a good young team that played well last year. They have to replace that RB but they have size and numbers. From what I heard they had New Braunfels beat but an untimely fumble or two did them in. They played Baytown tough too so I wouldn't count those guys out. It's a young program on the rise.

Also, we'll have to see what Baytown has. Usually one or two kids transfer to private from some of the local high schools. Talking with a buddy of mine that knows the school, the school altogether is becoming more popular.

SWRaider":2doddha6 said:
Until Live Oak moves to D1, they are not losing to anyone. They may stay at the D2 cutoff number forever and keep rolling without competition!

Live Oak's campus is located in downtown Waco. Their closest neighbors are the First Baptist Church and Magnolia. The school's vision (and physical space) compels it to sit tight at a maximum of 40-50 per grade. Upper grades are slightly less than that due to some transfers for various reasons and the difficulty the school has in receiving HS transfers due to the H.S. curriculum. They will likely be at their current enrollment numbers for quite a while.

We will see Conroe and New Braunfels play eachother first game of the season in Bryan on Saturday Sept 2 at 8:30 pm. I know that New Braunfels only had one senior on last year's state runner up team, and Conroe had possibly the same. It will be a great year for 6 man football!

The question for Conroe will be backfield. That runningback was everything for them. The other pieces are established.

I saw the local Wichita news do a segment on Stars and Knights. Does the Knights fall this year in the rivalry?

SicEm74":2fj403zp said:
The question for Conroe will be backfield. That runningback was everything for them. The other pieces are established.

I saw the local Wichita news do a segment on Stars and Knights. Does the Knights fall this year in the rivalry?

Isn't this the same question we've been asking for the last 3 or 4 years? Is this answer ever different?

NDknight04":xgfgk0go said:
SicEm74":xgfgk0go said:

Isn't this the same question we've been asking for the last 3 or 4 years? Is this answer ever different?

Whooooooweeee...them sounds like fightin' words! Can't wait to find out!

WFfootballfan":h21du08y said:
NDknight04":h21du08y said:
SicEm74":h21du08y said:

Whooooooweeee...them sounds like fightin' words! Can't wait to find out!

Is ND winning State this year?

Bryson has a great team and is well coached. If they were playing TAPPS DI or DII I think they would be among the best, if not the best.

ND is still reeling from losing their starting QB last week. Again, I don't think we'll see another team on our schedule any better than this Bryson squad. But the Knights overcame adversity last year with early season injuries and a blowout loss to Crowell. And they managed to bounce back and make a run. I still believe this team will figure things out and remain competitive in the playoffs.

Looks like the Stars took a beating last night too. 68-22 to Paducah. Don't know much about the Dragons, but from seeing some of the local TV highlights it looks like WC had a hard time overcoming a significant size disadvantage.

Right now I'd still give the edge to the Stars in a head to head with WFND.

ND, I wish your QB a speedy recovery. I enjoy rivalries and to have a representative is great. Forgive me if I stoke the fire all season and enjoy the friendly smack-talk.

Back