TAPPS D2 Brackets 2009

seguinlifegate":mcyzr4tb said:
district 1 only has one district champ... and they get a bye round.... must be nice... lol

Byes are usually rotated, so the same district doesn't always get them. This time, Dist 1 is one of the lucky winners.

Interesting that Dist 4 and Dist 5 champs meet in the 2nd round; with 5 districts you have to have two dist champs meet in the second round; and this time, the luck of the draw ...

now for my next question... I know that i want to win no matter the case.. but do some coaches throw games to get certain spots in the brackets??? i figure if your team is truly the best, then it doesn't matter who they play or when they play them....

I doubt any coach would throw a game just to get on one side of the bracket or the other. Having the 1st game as a home game makes a big difference, so I can't see anyone game planning for a loss.

Interesting bracket...that right side should be fun to watch/take part in.

I traveled to Kerrville and saw Brenham handle a pretty good OLH squad. Granted, I haven't seen Duncanville or Tyler Street play this season, but I've got to go with Brenham as State Champs at this point.

no one in district 3 is good enough to take down the district 1 champ tho. best chance yea but look who they probably will play. i'd just hate to fish 2nd or 3rd in it

seguinlifegate":1k7f3om4 said:
now for my next question... I know that i want to win no matter the case.. but do some coaches throw games to get certain spots in the brackets??? i figure if your team is truly the best, then it doesn't matter who they play or when they play them....

Well, Jeremy ... funny you should ask that. Last night, I had a phone call with a coach and we speculated about "maybe it would be better" not to win his district (this is before either of us saw the brackets).

I think it's safe to say coaches TALK about trying to get a certain spot in the brackets; actually doing it is another thing. Most of these guys are so competitive that in the heat of battle, they'll go for the win.

By the way, TAPPS brackets are usually set up so that the #1 and #2 team from any district do not meet in the playoffs until the state finals. Often, the two most competitive teams come from the same district (D1 has had Greenville Christian - Rockwall Heritage finals; Halletsville Sacred Heart and Shiner St. Paul finals happen often in volleyball, basketball, baseball and softball).

The current top 4 ranked teams will all meet on the right side of this bracket and play down to one team going to Moody...??Come on now ??.. I just wish there was some common sense that could step in and make this bracket into a true play-off program.Was this bracket put togather by math teachers and a woman English teacher??. I would bet it was not put togather by coaches! Some one needs to stop this train and fix this mess before it plays itself out. IMO with this current system, there is no way the two best teams in the state go to Moody and that just wrong for the player coaches,schools and fans.

brother robert the second, remember tapps dose not seed teams, sometimes you are blessed by the bracket gods, sometimes you are cursed by them.

Then Tapps needs to re evaluate this system . Help me here John, couldn't you simply wait till the final week and then put your top four in the conners of the bracket. 1&3 on one side -2&4 on the other ? Even as bad as the BCS has been (ie Please let us rate N Dame and Penn St some where!!), the BCS waits for the season to play out before scheduling bowl games .

Well its in UIL as well. The number 1 and number 3 teams played each other in the 2nd round in UIL Class 2A. Muleshoe vs. Bushland. Both teams were undefeated. Muleshoe won and went on to win the State Championship. Dont matter where your at in the bracket. The best team will always come out and win the whole thing.

robt78155":2exbyrrd said:
Then Tapps needs to re evaluate this system . Help me here John, couldn't you simply wait till the final week and then put your top four in the conners of the bracket. 1&3 on one side -2&4 on the other ? Even as bad as the BCS has been (ie Please let us rate N Dame and Penn St some where!!), the BCS waits for the season to play out before scheduling bowl games .

Trouble is, Brother Robert the second (because Robert Davis over at Town East is Brother Robert the first), it's a question of who does the rankings. Complain all you want, but it ain't gonna change.

I'd go with Granger's rankings, but there are others who would have problems. Part of the problem is trying to minimize travel; but let's face it, we've known what the brackets were going to be since September.

The way to win the championship is simple. Win four games in a row, starting week 11. Collect trophy and go home to celebrate.

Back