Surprise scores or outcomes????

Gordon squeaking past Newcastle was shocking. I saw Newcastle at a scrimmage and they were by far the weakest team there. Maybe Gordon was missing some kids? Just never know when all you get is a score...

I agree Bluecat. The other game that caught my eye was Waco Live Oak shutting out Blum. You can't help but wonder if their was a "the rest of the story".

That's interesting. I'm trying to remember when this has happened before. Being curious as they played in the state championship game earlier this year I'd already been looking for info. The RS booster club fb page last fb post was 8/27, we will post scores here, then nothing. Austin Royals fb on football said on 8/27, game day. Last post. Unusual for the yotes. Where's Goob when you need him?

I'm surprised at the Eden - Leakey outcome. Was Leakey at full strength? Eden with the overtime win against Blackwell last week and defeating Leakey this week. 2-0 start for the bulldogs.

I agree Bluecat. The other game that caught my eye was Waco Live Oak shutting out Blum. You can't help but wonder if their was a "the rest of the story".
Surprise score here. Wonder if Blum was hit with the china virus and injuries. Hard to see them getting shutout other wise

What about the Rochelle score? Either we didn’t know enough about the team from Lubbock when we made the spreads or the Rochelle team Is ready to make some noise. I know it’s early and the spreads are just talking points but 42 point underdog and won by 1

Maybe not all surprises but a few of interest.
White Deer 0-2 after Follett.
Westbrook 48-0 over BC, a surprise or not after week one?
Union Hill rolls over Tyler, the pride of East Texas still?
Throckmorton that good or Bryson down this year?
Jonesboro JV 52 - 36 over Walnut Springs. Promise for the future for Coach Gallegos?
I know Coach Crawford is always good but so is Crumpton. 48-0 was a surprise to me after 3 years ago, even after a down one last year. (Abbott-Milford).
Some good sounding games were:
Blanket 54, Gustine 51
Groom 34, Paducha 33
Austin Hill Country 38, Fredericksburg Heritage 36
May 104-80 over SC. Close to a shoot out? Did May pull away in the end?
Congratulations to the Ranger Bulldogs. A 50 point win over Waco Christian in there second ever sixman game. There first win in 3years. Moving Up to Sixman was the right thing to do!

Last edited:
Maybe not all surprises but a few of interest.
White Deer 0-2 after Follett.
Westbrook 48-0 over BC, a surprise or not after week one?
Union Hill rolls over Tyler, the pride of East Texas still?
Throckmorton that good or Bryson down this year?
Jonesboro JV 52 - 36 over Walnut Springs. Promise for the future for Coach Gallegos?
I know Coach Crawford is always good but so is Crumpton. 48-0 was a surprise to me after 3 years ago, even after a down one last year. (Abbott-Milford).
Some good sounding games were:
Blanket 54, Gustine 51
Groom 34, Paducha 33
Austin Hill Country 38, Fredericksburg Heritage 36
May 104-80 over SC. Close to a shoot out? Did May pull away in the end?
Congratulations to the Ranger Bulldogs. A 50 point win over Waco Christian in there second ever sixman game. There first win in 3years. Moving Up to Sixman was the right thing to do!
Crumpton isn’t at Milford anymore. I heard the DC from Oakwood took over.

Interesting. DCTF still had him listed as HC when it went to press. After his success and years there to depart at that time of year seems unusual.

Surprise score here. Wonder if Blum was hit with the china virus and injuries. Hard to see them getting shutout other wise
Ya know this stuff gets old after awhile. Last time I looked, china virus didn’t discriminate depending on what school you are. Same with injuries. Is it so impossible for a private school to actually have a good team?
A few years ago same thing with Calvert. Live Oak winning until less than a minute Calvert scored and won by four. But of course Calvert must have had injuries.
Live Oak played Calvert every year and used the game to gauge the team as Calvert was a perineal top 20/30 team. One year Live Oak beat them by a couple points following year Calvert beat Live Oak by a couple.
With the current wh administration running on 3 brain cells and pushing CRT private school enrollment is skyrocketing. Seems like they would have an advantage with that. You can live anywhere and go to the school you want. Live Oak school enrollment less than 400 but has 33 on the varsity team. Kid’s want to play there.
I’ll get out of here now and await the slamming I’m sure to get by the homers
Out.

Ya know this stuff gets old after awhile. Last time I looked, china virus didn’t discriminate depending on what school you are. Same with injuries. Is it so impossible for a private school to actually have a good team?
A few years ago same thing with Calvert. Live Oak winning until less than a minute Calvert scored and won by four. But of course Calvert must have had injuries.
Live Oak played Calvert every year and used the game to gauge the team as Calvert was a perineal top 20/30 team. One year Live Oak beat them by a couple points following year Calvert beat Live Oak by a couple.
With the current wh administration running on 3 brain cells and pushing CRT private school enrollment is skyrocketing. Seems like they would have an advantage with that. You can live anywhere and go to the school you want. Live Oak school enrollment less than 400 but has 33 on the varsity team. Kid’s want to play there.
I’ll get out of here now and await the slamming I’m sure to get by the homers
Out.
Not sure what prompted that but there are some really good private schools playing right now. There always have been but seems to be more competitive than years past right now.

Back