Surprise of the season, so far?

Is Vanguard being 6-1, with their only loss coming by 9 points with their star player out, the surprise of the year so far? I might be biased but I think they might be a Top 5 or so team this year. Thoughts?

My thought would be this, who the heck is Vangaurd? It seems that a lot of teams have the name that is used and an official name and it is a back and forth look up to find out who is who.The only thing that helps in this case is the W and V are near each other in the alphabet. But the other thing I think is that next week will tell the tale, Geneva seems to be the school to beat.

Watauga Harvest is the surprise team of the year in Division 1. My opinion. Harvest was picked to finish second to last in their district which may be the toughest in the state. Midland Trinity, Dallas Covenant, Abilene Christian, and Rockwall. Harvest played Midland close in Midland, then beat an undefeated very good Rockwall team in Rockwall. Harvest is 6-1 on the season and travels to Covenant this weekend.

Back