Strength and conditioning

CoachQ

11-man fan
Just curious how other programs are moving forward with summer strength and conditioning this summer. I’ve read the guidelines uil has released. We have a plan moving forward. But I wanted to see how or what other coaches are going to do.

Some good additions:

Five days instead of four
Hour and a half sport specific training

But if one of your athletes contracts covid-19 everyone in the group must quarantine for 14 days.
Who gave the UIL this kind of authority!?
That weight room is not the property of the UIL.
I called them for clarification and left messages twice. No response so far.

You are on the right track there BE. This entire shutdown was not designed to control the disease but to control the rate of spread of the disease. Now the ones in power are using it to see just how far they can go and how many of our rights can be infringed without revolt. Just as the old saying goes, "Give them an inch and they will take a mile".

Young athletes are the LEAST vulnerable to this virus. The older coaches stand a better chance of getting sick from it. Even if you are over 70 and in bad health, there is only a 30% chance of contracting the virus when you come into contact with it and even then, less than a 1% chance of dying from it. This is based upon data from that cruise ship in Japan and the USS Roosevelt. Death rates overall are not much worse than a normal influenza.

I say open EVERYTHING NOW, no exceptions except for nursing homes. It is well past time to put an end to our 2 month "free" trial of communism.

Old Bearkat":2aopc4cp said:
Young athletes are the LEAST vulnerable to this virus. The older coaches stand a better chance of getting sick from it. Even if you are over 70 and in bad health, there is only a 30% chance of contracting the virus when you come into contact with it and even then, less than a 1% chance of dying from it. This is based upon data from that cruise ship in Japan and the USS Roosevelt. Death rates overall are not much worse than a normal influenza.

I say open EVERYTHING NOW, no exceptions except for nursing homes. It is well past time to put an end to our 2 month "free" trial of communism.
I agree. The Media has played up this Pandemic too long. Just another attempt to impose the Liberal's will on the population. if their mouth is moving they are lying.

Back