Strawn???

I had heard that the UIL didn't allow broadcasts on playoff games? So UIL changed its ruling?
I'm still not sure what's going on with this. I remember watching playoff games last year. They showed the first game this year. Last Friday was of the scoreboard only. Julie Elrod of Microplex News commented after the game she was going to try to do video this week through the school website or facebook page at the end of last Friday's game ??? Hope so, Buckaroo stadium's a little far for me anymore. If not I'll appreciate listening to Cliff again. He played in the 2008 Quarterfinal that sent them to state.

Last edited:
I'm still not sure what's going on with this. I remember watching playoff games last year. They showed the first game this year. Last Friday was of the scoreboard only. Julie Elrod of Microplex News commented after the game she was going to try to do video this week through the school website or facebook page at the end of last Friday's game ??? Hope so, Buckaroo stadium's a little far for me anymore. If not I'll appreciate listening to Cliff again. He played in the 2008 Quarterfinal that sent them to state.
Last year the UIL allowed it due to covid. I haven't heard anything, yet, this week.

I could be completely wrong here but I thought the live stream of regular season was A ok. Fact being the UIL does not get a cut of profits from those gate prices. Yet they do get a kick back from playoffs gate tickets. So they wouldn’t want it just being live streamed for free hence less money for them because more people would stay home to watch. On the other hand I believe you can pay the UIL to live stream the game at a hefty price.

They still have to beat Gordon in Quarterfinals ...
I hope Strawn focuses on defense and playing as a team before dwelling on the playoffs.
I think they did that last night.
The only reason anyone knows who Gordon is is because they keep getting spanked by an all-time great program in Strawn.
Little brothers talk, big brothers take care of business.

Back