Strawn vs. Follett

Leman Saunders":202hr7av said:
Watch Time of Possession of this game

It is hard to argue against bigbadwolf's points about Strawn, however I will make two observations:

1. Follett's defense held Motley County, who was averaging 69.75 points a game to just 18
-to this point yes Strawn has way more weapons offensive than Motley did, but...
2. It is hard to use those weapons and score points when you don't have possession of the ball

But there is a big difference in defensive play between them. Motley County allowed an average of 40ppg. While Strawns allowing 13ppg (with 1 hell of a schedule). It's alot easier to control the clock when you can move the ball effectively against your opponent and score some points. I don't think that will be the case for them against Strawn.

Johnny South":27h68f6m said:
Leman Saunders":27h68f6m said:

It is hard to use those weapons and score points when you don't have possession of the ball

You won't have to worry about that. Four and out doesn't take very long! Neither will Strawn take long to score.

Any more folks think that Follett is going to stay within 30????
Strawn by 32 in the first quarter!!!

Like I said, there were several teams in the East who would have 45'd any team in the west!

Johnny South":37iq5th4 said:
Johnny South":37iq5th4 said:
Leman Saunders":37iq5th4 said:

It is hard to use those weapons and score points when you don't have possession of the ball

You won't have to worry about that. Four and out doesn't take very long! Neither will Strawn take long to score.

Like I said, there were several teams in the East who would have 45'd any team in the west!

I second that. Iredell was strawns toughest opponent in playoffs and they still got 45ed. They only put up 22 against strawn

Jake Roberts":2ixmo6ue said:
Johnny South":2ixmo6ue said:
Johnny South":2ixmo6ue said:
Leman Saunders":2ixmo6ue said:

I second that. Iredell was strawns toughest opponent in playoffs and they still got 45ed. They only put up 22 against strawn

Strawn, Iredell, Oakwood, Richland Springs, and Calvert for starters.

Congratulations, Strawn!! Great performance and now you are back to back state champions!
Congratulations to Follett for making it this far. A majority of people knew this would be extremely tough, but you did make it to the big stage.
Now time for the better state matchup!

I'm not using the numbers, I am just going by the quality and actual strength of the teams. Granger and Leman try to be politically correct in giving an artificial boost to some teams that don't deserve to be where they put them in the rankings. Just sayin'.

Congratulations to the Greyhounds on the Back to Back!

Iredell and Oakwood would have been a good game.
Iredell, Oakwood, Richland Springs, and maybe Fanendale could have all beaten Follett. Iredell and Oakwood could have 45’d them.
Just my 2 cents

One _pac2018":370gr57p said:
I don’t think Iredell could have beat them . I think Oakwood and Calvert is better then Iredell . Not to impressed with the stud from Iredell

Iredell’s stud was at best 60%. He missed all of district and first round due to high ankle sprain. 100% healthy he is a handful. His cousin #7 took over the work load but he was only a sophomore. Iredell 45’ed Oakwood in the playoffs last year.

Jake Roberts":bg8eaavs said:
One _pac2018":bg8eaavs said:
I don’t think Iredell could have beat them . I think Oakwood and Calvert is better then Iredell . Not to impressed with the stud from Iredell

Iredell’s stud was at best 60%. He missed all of district and first round due to high ankle sprain. 100% healthy he is a handful. His cousin #7 took over the work load but he was only a sophomore. Iredell 45’ed Oakwood in the playoffs last year.

I’m sorry about that jake had no idea he was injured I apologize. I hope to see them at the dance one day

Back To Back! Wow, Wow, Wow! Thank You Gentlemen, Players and Coaches. These last two years have been so much fun to watch or listen to. And how it was done today, at this level. Way to finish. Incredible. 40-0 at the end of the first in the state game was stunning. Shutout's at the half in this game are just about unheard of. I think RS did this once in their 8 championships. Special shout out to Coach Cervantes and his D. I don't think I've ever personally seen such a dominant performance in a state game. One first down, late, do I remember right?
Follet is a good team. You don't make it that far if your not. I did not expect this. I was confident you could and thought you would win. Maybe even end it early late 3rd or sometime in the 4th. Probably by 20-30 points if it went the whole way. Maybe the best part about it is the Team effort. Yes, some "starred" more than others but Everybody on this Team tackle's and blocks, hard, swarms to the ball on defense, never quitting until the whistle blows.
I said this last year on this site but... At the start of the year last year Coach Lee said he thougt this was the fastest team he ever had. I thought ohtough. This team has chance to make a deep run. I'd seen them a few times the year before that when they got thumped by Crowell in the second round. I knew speed kills in sixman but without blocking and tackling it can only get you so far. I also knew Coach Lee's teams always block and tackle, until the whistle blows. Little did I know what I'd be priviledged to watch and listen to (thanks to MicroplexNews and the Hopkin's on the listenening).

Thanks again to coaches Lee and Cervantes and the Hounds for making this happen.

Back