Strawn vs Borden County

tdog5344

Six-man fan
I have no dogs in this fight but as a fan looks like an awesome game. Any thoughts ?? I'm sure bballcoach has some thoughts lol #allinfundontgeturfeelinshurtagain.

Strawn will need to spread out and make Borden County chase them. Make Borden County prove that they have some stamina. Strawn running between the ends will only play to Borden's strength early. Borden County has the advantage of seeing how McLean beat Strawn. Strawn will need to run where Borden ain't. Make Borden defend all 40 yards of line of scrimmage. I watched both teams at last year's state championships. Borden County definitely has the better D line but Strawn would have given them a lot better game than Jonesboro.

tdog5344":3uep03l5 said:
I have no dogs in this fight but as a fan looks like an awesome game. Any thoughts ?? I'm sure bballcoach has some thoughts lol #allinfundontgeturfeelinshurtagain.

Haha.. I remember you getting offended last week when I made a statement about a guy yelling something across the field.

I know nothing about Borden County this year, except that they lost quite a few key players from last year. Should be a good game, and will be a sign of things to come between McLean/Borden if/when they meet.

Lol all in fun I'm still wondering how mclean is sharing football film with an ex basketball coach, im sure the head coach at mclean doesn't know. I asked our coach at groom he threw a yellow flag and blew his whistle.

tdog5344":3ldg08sx said:
Lol all in fun I'm still wondering how mclean is sharing football film with an ex basketball coach, im sure the head coach at mclean doesn't know. I asked our coach at groom he threw a yellow flag and blew his whistle.

Yea, I’m sure Coach Dodson is really worried about an ex coach having access to McLean film. I’ll be sure to let him know! Anyway, I am looking forward to seeing how BC/Strawn and McLean/Balmorhea plays out. I think McLean will be too physical for Balmorhea after watching them on film. Haha. Tdog.. Mcleans defense reminds me A LOT of yalls defense when you played for Groom. They are able to man up and rush a speedy guy (like y’all did with Roskens), and Crockett/Henderson remind me of Ritter and Bohr.

Its Week 4 now with a few games under each teams belt. They have some rhythm going. So I'm going to say it turns out being a good tough close game. BC wins by 16+.

I agree with you on the game location. I live in the Aledo area and it's a three and half hour drive to Jayton. Trent or Abilene would have been good choices, maybe even Jerry's World. This will be an entertaining game, much better than Jerry's alma mater vs North Texas last Saturday in Fayetteville.

Texlonghorn75":2tj0qcyx said:
I agree with you on the game location. I live in the Aledo area and it's a three and half hour drive to Jayton. Trent or Abilene would have been good choices, maybe even Jerry's World. This will be an entertaining game, much better than Jerry's alma mater vs North Texas last Saturday in Fayetteville.

A regular season 6 man game in Jerry's World? That would be sweet, but I don't see that happening.

51eleven":u6jtux1k said:
Too bad they couldn't have played the game in a decent location. It would have drawn well in Abilene or Trent for that matter.

I will say Jayton is an EXCELLENT Location! Let me pontificate....
For over 30 years now Jayton has been a premier location with great facilities that is a six-man football school! This means that the sidelines, the yard lines, midfield and the goalposts all don't have to be rearranged to accommodate the six-man game. The home side features stadium seats before it was popular, and the visitors side seats a good number of visitors in it's own right and has its own press/filming box.

Personally I liked it better when they had a real grass field...something me and my old friend Don Hardin shared was an affinity for the old grass field and not the new "turf" stuff.

With the connection that Borden Co coaches have to the place It should feel more like a home game to Borden Co.

Back