Strawn - Milford

Johnny South

Six-man pro
Looking forward to the Strawn Milford matchup next week Both teams seem to be down a little from last year's levels, so I predict it to be a close game and decided in the last few minutes of the game.
Strawn will have three weeks straight of tough matchups. IMO

This is gonna be a big game for Milford. I wouldn’t say we are down this year... we are undefeated and Ricky Pendleton is making a VERY strong case for player of the year. We have Strawn, Calvert, and White Deer it’s going to be a tough stretch of games but if our boys can stay healthy I think they have a really good shot at running the table.

Strawn played better against Gorman than Milford did earlier this season but this game is a toss up and Milford is motivated since losing to Strawn the last two years. The game is at Milford and I pick Milford by 14.

I've been wondering how this one would develop since I first saw the schedules this year.

Milford was favored to 45 Gorman but they didn't, won by 24. They did 45 Abbott. But didn't Oakwood, winning by 22. Undefeated.

Stawn was supposed to get 45'd by Borden County but they didn't, loosing by 29 first game of the year. Big Unerdawgs to Gorman thee next week they 45'd them. Favored by 45 over Bryson last week they struggled early but covered the spread late in the third.

Last year SHS won by 8 on a stumblin bumblin catch recovery and run by Carlos from Julian who should have already been tackled in the backfield. One of the best games I've seen in ages.

Milford at home, 2 years revenge in mind, Hound's better cinch they're jock straps tight.

Whoever says milford only has one player has obviously not seen them play. Milford always has atleast one super stud that take a strong load of the Carrie's and gets most of the attention but the whole crew is still solid. They only lost 2 guys last year. If you expect anything less than a state run from Milford this year then I believe you may want to watch the team actually play because they are just as solid as ever

Goldballchaser":2qguolxg said:
Whoever says milford only has one player has obviously not seen them play. Milford always has atleast one super stud that take a strong load of the Carrie's and gets most of the attention but the whole crew is still solid. They only lost 2 guys last year. If you expect anything less than a state run from Milford this year then I believe you may want to watch the team actually play because they are just as solid as ever
I got Milford going to state also but not winning it . That one player can get them there. But then I think you get a little taste of Vance jones in Dallas this year

All about the truth":118klcyo said:
Strawn wins a close one comes down to strawn has a good coach and will make adjustments if needed.
Good blanket statement, but a resounding NO. Milford also has a good coach who will make adjustments as needed. Neither team has been the model of consistency this year. Both have great coaches, both have great talent, both have the know how, the experience and the drive to win. This one comes down to execution of what the coach has given them, staying away from huge mistakes like dumb penalties and turnovers, and keeping the kids injury free and on the field. Too close to call, but I’m also taking Strawn in a close one.

Milford Injury Update: Ricky Pendleton did not play this past friday and I’ve been told he is unlikely to play the next 4-6 games with a lower leg injury. Tyvon Gates did not finish the game this friday and is also unlikely to play the next couple of games with a head injury.

The injury bug is hitting us hard right now during the toughest part of our schedule, younger players will be forced to play a lot of big minutes. Excited to see how my bulldogs respond to adversity .

MilfordInsider":2c4jhz00 said:
Milford Injury Update: Ricky Pendleton did not play this past friday and I’ve been told he is unlikely to play the next 4-6 games with a lower leg injury. Tyvon Gates did not finish the game this friday and is also unlikely to play the next couple of games with a head injury.

The injury bug is hitting us hard right now during the toughest part of our schedule, younger players will be forced to play a lot of big minutes. Excited to see how my bulldogs respond to adversity .

This makes a huge difference. If Milford’s stud is gonna be out it could be a comfortable win for the hounds.

Milford will be fine. This is a good opportunity for the younger players to show their talent now. Strawn is far from a finished product, they have lots of kinks to work out too. They were real ragged against New Braunfels Christian Friday night. Might learn how to block someone again.

Back