Sterling City vs Westbrook

I've been wondering about WB all season. They've lost 4 games to good top ranked teams, but not close to being 45'd. MC by 16, WV 21, Strawn 16 and GC by 12. Not many out there have played that schedule. If they're healthy and run through district, as Coach Lee said in 03', anything is Possible. Could they be a dark horse?

Last edited:
Westbrook is finally healthy and ready to roll. Lost 2 starters against WV, Against Strawn the Robert’s kid got hurt on 2nd series after being up 14-0, missed the rest of that game and didn’t play against GC. Not trying to make excuses but as you guys know it’s hard to lose kids and still compete but they are ready to roll now coming off the bye week.

Looks like WB took offense to being 45 point underdogs. This might shake up the top 10 D1 rankings a bit. Will they be ranked higher than SC? Only the Toy knows for sure. Maybe more motivation coming for them.
Well I’m my opinion and I think the boys felt the same way, that was a slap in the face I mean look at the schedule and look at the scores and that is with an average of 2 starters out every game except the first one where we had 6 turnovers against a very talented motley county team. I think the kids took offense to it and they very well should have. Now let me say this, that Sterling City is very tough and not taking anything away from them and I feel like the road to cowboy stadium definitely has to go through them but I’m so happy that our boys dug deep when they had to. Prayers for #22 from Sterling City as well as we hope everything with his knee checks out good!!

looks like after reviewing the scores at this point in the season it's fair to say any given friday! shout out to westbrook and their win over SC! dont know what the rankings will bring but wow! didn't see the game but did everyone stay healthy for this one? if so west state game up for grabs at this point! as far as the east goes, may or water valley? what does everybody think?

looks like after reviewing the scores at this point in the season it's fair to say any given friday! shout out to westbrook and their win over SC! dont know what the rankings will bring but wow! didn't see the game but did everyone stay healthy for this one? if so west state game up for grabs at this point! as far as the east goes, may or water valley? what does everybody think?
I know a young man for SC got hurt hopefully nothing serious and Westbrook lost 2 starters during the game as well hopefully nothing to serious either, one being a rolled ankle and another is a hamstring issue. Hopefully both teams get back to 100% before the playoffs.

It was a good game by both teams. Westbrook dug deep n took the win but the defense shouldn't let sc get back in the game. My opinion is that Westbrook defense needs to fix some holes in the D. The offense looked good. I pray that all the player for both teams are alright

I know a young man for SC got hurt hopefully nothing serious and Westbrook lost 2 starters during the game as well hopefully nothing to serious either, one being a rolled ankle and another is a hamstring issue. Hopefully both teams get back to 100% before the playoffs.
never like to see injuries but its apart of it, love to see them matchup again playoff time and everyone healthy!

Sterling City made some really good halftime adjustments. Westbrook gave everything they had in the first half trying to 45 Sterling, and almost got it done. Westbrook dug deep late in the fourth caused a fumble to finish it. I was impressed with the young Sterling team to make such a good come back.

Sterling City made some really good halftime adjustments. Westbrook gave everything they had in the first half trying to 45 Sterling, and almost got it done. Westbrook dug deep late in the fourth caused a fumble to finish it. I was impressed with the young Sterling team to make such a good come back.
Yeah both teams going for sure. Westbrook starts 1 senior on offense and 2 on defense. SC made a great comeback

After MC, Strawn, GC and SC they should be seasoned heading into the playoff's. Depending on who they get when they might make a deep run.
Strawn lost to Mclean and GC in 2018 before 45ing the next 9 opponents, including the 48-0 state championship. Which set the record for largest point spread win in a state game.

Back