State track meet

Old Bearkat":353npicq said:
hornkeeper12":353npicq said:
Wish I would have know that was there, I wouldn't have taken the time to do it, lol.

Well, you did get to inflate your post count.......
Yes, yes I did. And I got to ignore the less than productive meeting that I was in while I was doing it.

When I checked yesterday morning the Roby girl was in, now the D'Hanis girl is in? What gives? No dog in the fight just curious why they changed?

Texman301":3hg3z9dc said:
When I checked yesterday morning the Roby girl was in, now the D'Hanis girl is in? What gives? No dog in the fight just curious why they changed?

Maybe one of Roby's relays just got stronger??????

What is crazy is the amount of "wildcards" that have chances of being medalist. Whoever came up with that idea, we all know it wasn't the UIL, was pretty smart.

hornkeeper12":2qhfymix said:
Old Bearkat":2qhfymix said:
hornkeeper12":2qhfymix said:
Wish I would have know that was there, I wouldn't have taken the time to do it, lol.

Well, you did get to inflate your post count.......
Yes, yes I did. And I got to ignore the less than productive meeting that I was in while I was doing it.
Sounds like a win/win to me!

Question, does anyone know what the mark or line distance to the pit is in the triple jump in our Div.? Some veterans from past meets said it was 42' .

11 out of the 17 wild cards come from region 2.

9 out of the 17 top times/distances/heights come from region 2.

14 out of 17 events have two of the top three places from region 2.

6 out of the 17 events region 2 qualified 1-2-3.

Is region 2 just that much stronger from top to bottom? Or were there other factors at the other regional meets which could have affected these times/distances/heights? i.e. Weather? Wind?

*note* It was a beautiful day both days in San Angelo.

Guess we will find out friday. That's the cool thing about track. The qualifier may be wind aided, but when they race at state, they all run at the same time on the same track. But...... Region 2 is probably a little stronger this year. Or maybe a lot stronger.

coach_gillespie":9wr2xp51 said:
11 out of the 17 wild cards come from region 2.

9 out of the 17 top times/distances/heights come from region 2.

14 out of 17 events have two of the top three places from region 2.

6 out of the 17 events region 2 qualified 1-2-3.

Is region 2 just that much stronger from top to bottom? Or were there other factors at the other regional meets which could have affected these times/distances/heights? i.e. Weather? Wind?

*note* It was a beautiful day both days in San Angelo.

And the state champs, boys and girls, came from region 1.

After some number crunching---here's the breakdown:

Medal Count

Region 1:

Gold: 4
Silver: 10
Bronze: 5
Total: 19 medals

Region 2:

Gold: 8
Silver: 6
Bronze: 9
Total: 21 medals

Region 3:

Gold: 2
Silver: 0
Bronze: 2
Total: 4 medals

Region 4:

Gold: 3
Silver: 1
Bronze: 1
Total: 5 medals

As far as the medal count turns out, region 2 looks to reign supreme. However as far as both state champions coming from Region 1, looks like they have the winner winner chicken dinner there.

Broken down even further, lets take a look at all points scored in the entire boys side of the track meet.

Region 1: 234.33 pts
Region 2: 263.33 pts
Region 3: 48.33 pts
Region 4: 68 pts

Region 2 still reigns supreme here. I guess if you look at it top to bottom, region 2 does have bragging rights this year! (even though both state champions come from Region 1.) And now the debate between whether track and field is a team sport or an individual sport really begins! haha

come on East Texas...step your game up!

If I have time, I will do the same for the girls side of the meet.

Girls side:

Medal Count

Region 1:

Gold: 2
Silver: 5
Bronze: 5
Total: 12 medals

Region 2:

Silver: 5
Bronze: 4
Total: 13 medals

Region 3:

Silver: 3
Bronze: 3
Total: 10 medals

Region 4:

Gold: 6
Silver: 3
Bronze: 4
Total: 13 medals
Point total:
Region 1: 157pts
Region 2: 194pts
Region 3: 111pts
Region 4: 154pts

Much more even on the girls side...still Region 2 remains the champ!

The Boys Broken down just a little bit further.

Region 1:
Field Events: 4 Medals
Running: 15 Medals

Region 2:
Field Events: 10 Medals
Running: 13 Medals

Region 3:
Field Events: 1 Medals
Running: 3 Medals

Region 4:
Field Events: 3 Medals
Running: 2 Medals

So, is it safe to say that region 1 has the better runners (or "Reign Supreme")?

Back