State qualifiers.

JessRoberts":1qd898u6 said:
We could have day 1 of regional track at Marfa, day 2 in Fort Davis. How about it Coach Jones?

Heck yeah....we can handle the throwing events...but jumps will definitely be in FD. Talk about a home track advantage...lol.

After looking back over the link above I am more than confused now. Guess my ignorance is showing.

What is the difference between,
OFFICIAL SPRING MEET DISTRICT ALIGNMENT
and
OFFICIAL TRACK AND FIELD DISTRICT ALIGNMENT? Is this the list of who we will compete against for the run to State?

Totally lost!!

route66":qki5irib said:
Spring Meet is tennis,golf,and academic UIL. Track is only track.

So that gets Munday and those other big schools out of our way. Lots of kids in our area will benefit from this change!!

Its a heartbreaker to get to Regionals each year and place third and loose to the bigger schools that placed 1 and 2.

Will the change also bring a new set of State records for our new division? How cool will it be for next years batch of State winners to hold the record for at least a year!

MANY THANKS!!!

i still dont understand i guess why would they put tht small 1A schools with the 6-man schools? this makes no sence if you are going to have a division of separation why wouldnt you have all 6 man against all 6 man, all 1-A against 1-A etc.
the way i understand what i have read here it would be like the small 5A with the 4As, and so on? Can someone please explain?

Politics, politics, politics. Just be glad that track is getting split like it is. 5A and down do not give a squat what happens to 6 man. The smaller A schools do not want to compete with big A, so we at least get a little break, better than what it is now. If you want an eye opening experience, got the Legislative council meeting in Austin and listen to the Athletics and Policy committees and you might gain a little insight on why things are the way they are.

Back