State qualifiers.

Who's got em, male or female?

Crowell Girls.
Sillemon advanced in 5 events: Long jump,triple jump,100 meter dash,200 meter dash and anchor leg of 4x100 relay.
4x100 relay team. Rhodes,Erb,Casey,Sillemon.

Crowell Boys. None. Hope to change this next year.

Best of luck to EVERYONE that earned a trip to the State Meet!!!

This is just hearsay but knew i could get the answer here.... i heard that 2013 that all the 6 man schools would be separated from 11 man schools in track and maybe basketball,,, has anyone heard anything about power lifting??? and any other info on this???
thanks

Yes....next year there will be a 1A, Div II state track meet division. Interesting to see where the four new regional meets will be.

the guru has all the info for all the schools including all the maps bet he could punch up on his guru machine and come up with some opportunities.. what do you think granger? care to give us some insite to the future for track regions etc...?

Just a thought. First let me say, I am certainly glad that the track issue seems to be getting settled. Am sick of watching and reading about schools that were 2A winning regional championships and six man schools far behind. And yes, I know Rochelle won state twice with one girl, but at the regional level. Anyway, was told many, many times by UIL while fighting to get this approved that there was no way to have another division. Guess they figured it out, and yeah for whomever got it done.

we usually see you'll twice a year at your track as it is and by the time we see you'll on the second one its getting pretty dang hot especially in that bowl,,, i know you'll are use to that but hard on this old fat guy lol

I think the regional track meet will probably still be held in levelland...its not uncommon to see 2 classifications hold their regional meet in the same location...i.e. The Region II Class 1A and Class 2A track meets were both held at ACU and that also happened with Region III I believe...So i dont think holding both of those track meets in levelland would be much of a problem...unless SPC objected to it.

coachjdjones":1vxvvi23 said:
Yes....next year there will be a 1A, Div II state track meet division. Interesting to see where the four new regional meets will be.

Any articles or info to back this up? Not questioning your reply, just wanting it in "type" so to prove it to the doubters.

This will be a good thing for our region and the small school kids that work their tales off to get to the regional meet to only give most of the state qualifier spots to the 11 man schools! Munday being one that comes to mind. Not bashing them as they have some very talented kids!!

Many thanks!!

mustangscoach":1k3foemz said:
If I understand it correctly it will now be a small 1a and six man meet? Or will there be a 1a meet and a seperate sixman meet?

Bud

It is split into two Class 1A divisions - identical to the two Class 1A basketball divisions - there will be some 11-man schools who are in the small school division of 1A track

Back