State championship predictions

Texas6Man

The Wesp’s HS Coach
Well the end of another great year of Texas 6 man football is upon us, let’s find out how everyone feels about these 2 games coming up. Should be 2 very good games

D2
Balmorhea by 24....their speed and size is just too much for RS to overcome but JB will find a way to hang around until the Bears put it away in the 4th quarter.

D1
May by 6, on a mission to avenge that loss to SC earlier in the year May gets the job done in a classic!

Everything is quite here at the oldfolks home. I will try my guesses for the AT&T games. The cute little thing down the hall isn’t in here so maybe I can concentrate. If I knew how to get in touch with Walter and Sweet Tee I would consult with them but here I go on my own. That’s dangerous.

Balmorhea over RS by 20. It will be close then Balmorhea pulls away in fourth.

Sterling City over May by 6. This one won’t be over till there is all zeros on the time clock. We know both these two teams can play a full game.

Sterling City over May by 8 - I am changing the margin since SC beat May by 4 in the regular season.

Richland Springs over Balmorhea by 2 - I believe in JB, period, end of statement. Plus, people on this site, particularly Gigg'em and Tex, will 100% have yoke on their face. GO JB GO!!!!!!

While I think the Bears will win, I would never, ever, ever, ever discount JB and his ability to get the most out of his team. If anyone can pull out a win at state in the 6 man game its JB.

May-SC, too close to call but I'm thinking May to avenge earlier loss

One thing about Richland Springs, They DO NOT EVER give up! They might struggle late in a game like they did against Calvert but they will not lay down. That might make the difference in this game. By the way, everyone seems to be picking Balmorhea. Didn't they all pick Strawn last week? GO COYOTES!! WIN 10!

Murdoch":3l7dtz92 said:
One thing about Richland Springs, They DO NOT EVER give up! They might struggle late in a game like they did against Calvert but they will not lay down. That might make the difference in this game. By the way, everyone seems to be picking Balmorhea. Didn't they all pick Strawn last week? GO COYOTES!! WIN 10!

The Toy had RS over Strawn by 15. In other words the yotes didn't cover the spread by 12. The Toy has Balmoreah by 33. Even if it's off by double what it was last week RS ship would be sunk. If it's off just 12 the other way, well, 12 plus 33 equals 45.

TebowTime15":30pqezxs said:
Sterling City over May by 8 - I am changing the margin since SC beat May by 4 in the regular season.

Richland Springs over Balmorhea by 2 - I believe in JB, period, end of statement. Plus, people on this site, particularly Gigg'em and Tex, will 100% have yoke on their face. GO JB GO!!!!!!

Throwing shots Tebow?? I thought we cooled down a bit lol. No? I actually thought RS outcoached and outplayed a better team in Strawn. I gave JBs kid and the RS team compliments. Capps, or whatever the kids name played a hall of a game.The RS mob still has something against the Rigdons but that must be because there has to be hate/jealously there especially the way some RS posters are acting.
Like I said l, I own up. Like I said if the "hearsay" is untrue, hats off to those young men playing their butts off.
Other than that, it looked like JBs kid got banged up a lot that night but he managed to tough it out and play the whole game. I wonder how healthy he is before Balmorhea.
Another thing, Coach Lee exploited JBs defense by running a hurry up offense. Seemed to have great success out of it and JB having a lot of trouble calling a defense against it. I'm sure Coach Jones saw that too.
Balmorhea by 20

Honestly, I kind of like you now, no homo, despite some of your....outlandish claims. I think you would agree that JB winning it all without the Rigdons would weaken your argument. That's all I was trying to say.

I think I actually predicted a Balmorhea v. Richland Springs state game when the rankings came out. Although I would like to see Coach Jones ride off into the west Texas sunset as a champ, I am too personally invested in JB to pick or root against him.

May the best team win!

It's hard to find news on Balmoreah just googling. The nearby towns don't cover them at all in newspaper searches. Like most other teams. So I went back to DCTF.

12 Seniors. Dropped a division from last years 10-2 area round team. Coached by Vance Jones, since Junior High.

I still remember the 09 state game. Strawn didn't quite get 45'd. I've wondered for years if that wasn't a concession to Coach Lee, given their prior association. Which Granger can attest to.

TebowTime15":90iv31r5 said:
Honestly, I kind of like you now, no homo, despite some of your....outlandish claims. I think you would agree that JB winning it all without the Rigdons would weaken your argument. That's all I was trying to say.

I think I actually predicted a Balmorhea v. Richland Springs state game when the rankings came out. Although I would like to see Coach Jones ride off into the west Texas sunset as a champ, I am too personally invested in JB to pick or root against him.

May the best team win!

Agreed, maybe best team win. What outlandish claims? Lol. JB has gotten the most out of his team this year. The players have showed up. The only hiccup(s) to this season are the Rankin & May cancellations (&covid). Plus the the way most RS fans are acting right now. Very humble....

Questions, What are your thought about JBs kid being banged up (allegedly) before the state game? & the exploitations made from the semis? I will say... if Mathew and Griff were at RS this year, no doubt it's a state championship. Shame on some some of fans for going after HS kids unaffiliated with RS.

I remember Granger liking the food at RS pregame tailgates years ago. But since Coach Jones is Back in the state game Again we should be reminded of a connection Guru mentioned once previously. From an aging memory read a few years back.

Back in the early 70's when Coach Jones was at Marathon coaching those great teams Granger traveled to west Texas to see one of their games and interview Coach Jones. After the game they went out to eat for the interview. Coach Jones brought along and introduced his new first or second year rival at Grandfalls Royalty, a Coach named Dewayine something or other.

Back