Spreads

51eleven

Six-man expert
I saw the thread announcing the rankings were out, but not the one about the spreads. Did I miss it or is that the reason for no whining or moaning, bragging about them? Is the new Oz hiding behind the curtain waiting for the Toy to sort itself out a little after the first week? (years ago guru Granger was compared to Oz, Mike, if you might not remember, it's a compliment).

Anyway, a few potentially close games caught my attention. There are more.

Motley County by 7 over Ira.
Valley + 3, vs Garden City
Burnit Smoking for Jesus + 7 vs Cherokee
Leverts Chappel + 3 vs Union Hill
Balmorhea + 4 vs Rankin
Gorman + 7 vs Lometa
Westbrook + 20 vs Happy
Strawn + 2 vs Knox city

Comments?

Last edited:
The announcement on the homepage mentioned that the week 1 spreads were available. Look for the announcement titled "2022 rankings are here". As of now, it's the second one on the page. That said, just like the pre-season rankings, the week 1 spreads are basically just a guess. They're probably also a lot closer than I would've liked because I tried to close the gap on the ratings a little to start this season. Having a difference of 500+ points between the best and worst teams was, I thought, a little extreme...albeit probably not avoidable.

I saw the thread announcing the rankings were out, but not the one about the spreads. Did I miss it or is that the reason for no whining or moaning, bragging about them? Is the new Oz hiding behind the curtain waiting for the Toy to sort itself out a little after the first week? (years ago guru Granger was compared to Oz, Mike, if you might not remember, it's a compliment).

Anyway, a few potentially close games caught my attention. There are more.

Motley County by 7 over Ira.
Valley + 3, vs Ira
Burnit Smoking for Jesus + 7 vs Cherokee
Leverts Chappel + 3 vs Union Hill
Balmorhea + 4 vs Rankin
Gorman + 7 vs Lometa
Westbrook + 20 vs Happy
Strawn + 2 vs Knox city

Comments?
How can ira play both motley co and valley

I feel like Westbrook v Happy gonna be closer than 20. Should be one heck of a game Saturday evening! Thinking whoever has the ball last gonna win this one!
From the Fence:

While I do share your enthusiasm for this being a very good game. I doubt whoever has the ball last wins, I think for maybe a quarter it will be close like you say and after that WB runs away with it. But in the interest of being a good sport I just hope this is a great end to the Jayton Gridiron Classic and both teams come out injury free.

From the Fence:

While I do share your enthusiasm for this being a very good game. I doubt whoever has the ball last wins, I think for maybe a quarter it will be close like you say and after that WB runs away with it. But in the interest of being a good sport I just hope this is a great end to the Jayton Gridiron Classic and both teams come out injury free.
Well they better run fast if they’re gonna take it away after a quarter lol!
All kidding aside I’ve seen Westbrook in action and they are good bunch, well coached and tough as nails and definitely deserve respect as they certainly have earned it!
Good luck to y’all and best wishes for a great season!

Well they better run fast if they’re gonna take it away after a quarter lol!
All kidding aside I’ve seen Westbrook in action and they are good bunch, well coached and tough as nails and definitely deserve respect as they certainly have earned it!
Good luck to y’all and best wishes for a great season!
Same to yall 👍🏼👍🏼

I figured RS would be favored by more than 45 over High Island, they're just getting re started. RS is RS.
This is probably not the place to start this, but I don't know if it's worth a thread itself or not. As this one's not real active . . .
High Island is a unique experience/opportunity. A long way from most 6man towns. Like many others it had a drive-in grocery/gas/grill (?) place, maybe a cafe I missed, and a small run-down hotel for fishermen.
If you drive all the way to High Island you Have to go over the hill and down to the beach on the Gulf of Mexico.
Let the kids walk in the surf, along the beach.
Swimming, playing in the sand, mean need of a shower (unavailable) before a long trip back.
But a good bonding experience? IDK.

This is probably not the place to start this, but I don't know if it's worth a thread itself or not. As this one's not real active . . .
High Island is a unique experience/opportunity. A long way from most 6man towns. Like many others it had a drive-in grocery/gas/grill (?) place, maybe a cafe I missed, and a small run-down hotel for fishermen.
If you drive all the way to High Island you Have to go over the hill and down to the beach on the Gulf of Mexico.
Let the kids walk in the surf, along the beach.
Swimming, playing in the sand, mean need of a shower (unavailable) before a long trip back.
But a good bonding experience? IDK.
Check out some of the home rentals and considering renting and enjoying some team bonding as you cook on the beach and have a great time.

Cherokee is set up to play for an upset . Coach White has those young men ready and loaded for a great season . They have a few speedy guys and that freshman kid is turning out to be a great play maker . Keep a close eye on the Indians this year .

Back