Something has to give at Hico this Saturday night!

Bill O'Rielly

11-man fan
This Saturday night looks to be a classic showdown, #1 Richland Springs vs. #2 Jonesboro!!
It's all on the line Saturday night at 7:30pm in HICO! One moves on, the other goes home.
Something has to give!!!!!! The Coyotes offense has been averaging 68 points per game, while the Jonesboro defense has been holding their opponents to only 3 points per game!!! You don't want to miss this one! YIKES!!!!

Jonesboro is a 37 point dog, and folks are acting like this game is the place to be Friday night. You could probably swing a dead cat and hit a more competitive match-up.

Rain, what are you saying...........
That Jonesoro is bad?
Richland is bad?
or Both are bad?

First of all.
If you show up Friday night in Hico, I promise, you will not see a competitive match-up!

Anyways,
Why wouldn't it be the place to be on Saturday night?
Who else is playing Saturday night???????

Bill O'Rielly":a4173fuv said:
Rain, what are you saying...........
That Jonesoro is bad?
Richland is bad?
or Both are bad?

First of all.
If you show up Friday night in Hico, I promise, you will not see a competitive match-up!

Anyways,
Why wouldn't it be the place to be on Saturday night?
Who else is playing Saturday night???????

Friday, Saturday - it doesn't really matter.

Regardless of which day the game is one, Jonesboro will still be going in as a 37 point underdog. Not exactly an awe-inspiring situation. My personal opinion is that, despite the 1 vs. 2 matchup, the game will not be all that close.

Common sense says Jonesboro has very little chance. Nothing would please me more than for them to send RS home for the holidays, though.

Rainjack there are other games out there that are gonna be good I'm sure. But to get a #1 and #2 rated team against each other is like watching a title game anyways. We all know RS is the one to beat like always...but Jonesboro has to send a message Friday night and they got a little bit of motivation too. An injured player, inspiration his situation brings, and a lot of heart can prove to be a show stopper. Its the playoffs and I won't underestimate anybody at this time of year. And that "something" that's got to give in Hico is nothing more than 2 football programs, coaches, players, cheerleaders and fans of 6 man giving it all to pull out a win!!! That's what will be given in Hico!!! Good luck to both teams tomorrow night. And everybody meet after the game at midfield to pray and give thanks

David1995":2x2ylinx said:
Rainjack there are other games out there that are gonna be good I'm sure. But to get a #1 and #2 rated team against each other is like watching a title game anyways. We all know RS is the one to beat like always...but Jonesboro has to send a message Friday night and they got a little bit of motivation too. An injured player, inspiration his situation brings, and a lot of heart can prove to be a show stopper. Its the playoffs and I won't underestimate anybody at this time of year. And that "something" that's got to give in Hico is nothing more than 2 football programs, coaches, players, cheerleaders and fans of 6 man giving it all to pull out a win!!! That's what will be given in Hico!!! Good luck to both teams tomorrow night. And everybody meet after the game at midfield to pray and give thanks

It's not a title game until there is a title on the line. I stopped reading what you wrote after that.

Everybody has been complaining all year about the ranking system and the spreads.None of that matters now its playoff time. What happens in Hico saturday happens but the spread means nothing ,these two teams will show up and play there hearts outs.You never know at this time of year what can happen they are kids. How many of you have watched a game that has changed because of 1 kid being sick,getting hurt or some other unforseen reason.All I am saying is things happen that can change the outcome of a game.I believe it will be hard fault game and the team with the least amount of mistakes will win.I have heard all this stuff about Jonesboro losing there stud from last year and Richland still has there's.Richland lost alot of there supporting cast and Jonesboro did not does this even things up I don't know,but instead of us talking about a 45 here or there why dont we let the kids decide saturday night .

bigd85":d1l870m9 said:
Everybody has been complaining all year about the ranking system and the spreads.None of that matters now its playoff time. What happens in Hico saturday happens but the spread means nothing ,these two teams will show up and play there hearts outs.You never know at this time of year what can happen they are kids. How many of you have watched a game that has changed because of 1 kid being sick,getting hurt or some other unforseen reason.All I am saying is things happen that can change the outcome of a game.I believe it will be hard fault game and the team with the least amount of mistakes will win.I have heard all this stuff about Jonesboro losing there stud from last year and Richland still has there's.Richland lost alot of there supporting cast and Jonesboro did not does this even things up I don't know,but instead of us talking about a 45 here or there why dont we let the kids decide saturday night .

No one is questioning the efforts of the athletes. I'm sure the Jonesboro kids will show up and give everything they have.

But I'm not really into all the cheerleading. If that's what you need to use to convince yourself that the game will be a hard-fought, nip-and-tuck battle - knock yourself out. I happen to disagree.

pojocrusader":3qwk5f3c said:
how rude rainj he had more to offer and you gave up...........................I hope its close

I hope Jonesboro wins - but one only needs to look at our nation over the last 2 years and 10 months to see how far hope will take you.

bigd85":9fn8i5aq said:
I believe it will be hard fault game

I'm sorry to interrupt, but this is the second time on this board that I've noticed someone use this phrase....I don't intend to come off like the grammar police, but it's "hard FOUGHT game."

Sorry......carry on.

tcbxxvi":i626igel said:
bigd85":i626igel said:
I believe it will be hard fault game

I'm sorry to interrupt, but this is the second time on this board that I've noticed someone use this phrase....I don't intend to come off like the grammar police, but it's "hard FOUGHT game."

Sorry......carry on.

unless of course they are somehow looking for reasons for the loss/victory

This kind of reminds me of 2008. I'll bet some of the RS fans & I'm sure the coaches remember. Strawn had lost to Gordon in district & was a 2nd seed, still ranked somewhere in the top 10. They drew RS in the 1st round, in Hico. RS had won 28 games straight, back to back State Champs, actually 3 of the prior 4 years. They lost one game in that span, the 05 state game. They lost a grand total of 5 games in 8 years. Only 1 in regular season - 01, the 01 QF, 02 SC, 03 Semi.
Strawn was the sacrifical lamb, nobody gave em' a chance, they had been "lucky" in that 03 Semi. But they won 83-72 in the last minute, ran an onside KOR back to seal the deal. Went on to win state. After the game ol TE himself posted on here "I think those guy's are ready for a ring".

Well... if TE himself said it, we should all commit it to memory and use those words in our daily prayers.

Seriously, folks - some of you remind me of the toothless, mullet-headed morons in Friday Night Lights.

51eleven":2isw6hat said:
This kind of reminds me of 2008. I'll bet some of the RS fans & I'm sure the coaches remember. Strawn had lost to Gordon in district & was a 2nd seed, still ranked somewhere in the top 10. They drew RS in the 1st round, in Hico. RS had won 28 games straight, back to back State Champs, actually 3 of the prior 4 years. They lost one game in that span, the 05 state game. They lost a grand total of 5 games in 8 years. Only 1 in regular season - 01, the 01 QF, 02 SC, 03 Semi.
Strawn was the sacrifical lamb, nobody gave em' a chance, they had been "lucky" in that 03 Semi. But they won 83-72 in the last minute, ran an onside KOR back to seal the deal. Went on to win state. After the game ol TE himself posted on here "I think those guy's are ready for a ring".
Not tryin' to take any love away from the Hounds,
but,
didn't Burkie Jr. bust a body part
in that game?

I just hope it will be a competitive game. Richland Springs has not been challenged by anyone this year. On the other hand, Jonesboro won a close game to Strawn 29-22 in week 1. I think that Richland Springs may be best team in both Divisions of sixman football and will win the game easily.

sixmanfansince1984":3kd5bjf9 said:
I just hope it will be a competitive game. Richland Springs has not been challenged by anyone this year. On the other hand, Jonesboro won a close game to Strawn 29-22 in week 1. I think that Richland Springs may be best team in both Divisions of sixman football and will win the game easily.
Gotta get by jonesboro healthy first............underestimation any opponent is kinda like wipin b4 you poop. jest dont make no dadgum cents.....

Dogface":21a4z3z4 said:
51eleven":21a4z3z4 said:
Not tryin' to take any love away from the Hounds,
but,
didn't Burkie Jr. bust a body part
in that game?
That was in the 2009 game which Strawn won 70-22, 2009 scores

Back