So Long Shotwell

I can't complain ...

I just might make a weekend of it in the big city.

UIL games on Saturday.

Packers at the Cowboys on Sunday night!

(Which explains the 12 and 3 game times .... probably the Cowboys and NFL need to restrict access to the stadium 24 hrs. in advance for set up and security issues. And the NFL, post-Boston marathon bombing, is really more security conscious than before.)

I think it'll be really cool for the Six-Man schools to share the "big" state with the bigger classifications it's been a long time coming and way overdue in my opinion.

With the addition of a fourth team in 3A, that put all the 3A finals on Week 16 (the week after the six-man finals), so the UIL was at Jerry's World (aka AT&T stadium) for a game that weekend (Week 15). Basically, the two six-man games will be in the "spot" of the 3A finals previously held in Week 15.

Kinda a bummer to play your state title game at 10 am, though (1A 11 man Div. I).

December 14, 2013 (Saturday, Week 15)

Conference 1A Six-Man Division I -12:00 p.m.
Conference 1A Six-Man Division II - 3:00 p.m.

December 19, 2013 (Thursday, Week 16)

Conference 1A 11-Man Division I - 10:00 a.m.
Conference 1A 11-Man Division II -1:00 p.m.

Conference 2A Division I - 5:00 p.m.
Conference 2A Division II - 8:00 p.m.

December 20, 2013 (Friday, Week 16)

Conference 3A Division I - 12:00 p.m.
Conference 3A Division II - 4:00 p.m.
Conference 4A Division I - 8:00 p.m.

December 21, 2013 (Saturday, Week 16)

Conference 4A Division II -12:00 p.m.
Conference 5A Division I - 4:00 p.m.
Conference 5A Division II - 8:00 p.m.

gesh, I was only about 80 miles from the Abilene stadium, this stinks. Let's see how far I am from the ATT stadium. Oh, 80 miles. I guess I am ok with it. LOL

I think this is a big thing for the kids, I am glad to see the state come through with this and stop treating our boys like 2nd class citizens. It might actually increase the interest in 6-man.

Andy

cheers.gif

I personally think its great exposure for our game. Lets see there are what, close to 4 million people in the DFW metro mess? Out of that 4 million I bet there will be 12-15000 that will pay to come watch what six man is all about.

I think it's great that four teams will get to experience it. Unfortunately I don't think the crowd will be any bigger. All the 11man schools will be playing semi-final games.

I like the fact that the Six-man teams get the chance to play at former Cowboy Stadium (now AT&T). I believe that the crowd will be somewhat larger with curiosity being a factor with some who do not follow the playoffs of the larger schools. Just a tiny percentage of the large population of the area can make a huge Six-man crowd.

The only drawback will be with the size of the stadium. A large Six-man crowd will look smaller than at Shotwell!

Just the exposure alone for the kids will make it all worth it. I'm sure there are tons of kids out there that have never seen Jerry World in person let alone been inside.

Parking should not be an issue. Have we heard how much they will be charging to get in the gate?

I think there will be a ton of people that will come see the games that have never been to a 6-man game just because of where it is. As to the 11 Man teams playing semis, I think we will get people that have never even shown an interest in HS football. I think this is huge for the ultimate football that has ever been played and we are now one step closer to total WORLD DOMINATION with TRUE FOOTBALL!!!! Just my buck 50 worth of opinion.

Andy

And here I was hoping for a convenient cottonfield in central texas. Abilene was close enough for a day trip. Now we are talking motel expenses and what not. Not sure I will make it anymore. All Well.

Great experience for the students!!! And even for some people who have let to experience the Jerry world main attraction. Do not get hook on watching the game on the huge video monitors you neck will hurt. Also the Dallas Fort Worth area has other thing to experience for the family. Yes it will cost more , to enter and for parking and hotel room, this is a one time cost at a lifetime experience you can share with other 6-man nation folks. So load up the Family and come and enjoy a weekend in the busy city of Arlington.

If you stay around the I-20 area, you can find reasonably priced rooms and some of the hotels offer shuttle service to the stadium and other attractions. I wouldn't expect to get Frito Pie though......, Jerry probably does it with Pork Skins instead of Fritos.............

smokeyjoe53":1ee3om3x said:
If you stay around the I-20 area, you can find reasonably priced rooms and some of the hotels offer shuttle service to the stadium and other attractions. I wouldn't expect to get Frito Pie though......, Jerry probably does it with Pork Skins instead of Fritos.............
And if you don't wanna stay all night, maybe just rest up for a couple hours before making the long trek home, im pretty sure most places around there rent those rooms by the hour!

Back