Shootout Going On

Crockett had 48 carries for 483 yards and 8 tds.
I dont remember exactly what Goodleys were but he had like 390 something total yards. His was split though with rushing and passing. Both had huge games.

swires":13jlj30z said:
I dont remember exactly what Goodleys were but he had like 390 something total yards. His was split though with rushing and passing. Both had huge games.

I've looked on line for a newspaper report on this game from towns around them and the closest big cities and came up with two paragraphs in the Odessa American. Wondering if anyone else has seen anything. A scoring summary would be nice as well as total team stats.

As it shows above I tuned in with 8 minutes left. Rankin was behind by 8. If I remember right Rankin stopped Mc Lean on downs, drove down to their 4 and turned the ball over on downs. Heck of a stand by both teams. If Rankin had scored and made the kick it would have been tied with 4 1/2 minutes left.

I'd like to know what happened before that. Did Mc lean lead the whole way? Did Rankin almost have a big comeback. Or did the lead ever go back and forth. Was it maybe tied at the half?

I listened to game on texas 1afan they gave full stats after game line for line. I remember them saying 5 ties 6 lead changes and 1200 total yds

6manonly":2y75ith0 said:
I listened to game on texas 1afan they gave full stats after game line for line. I remember them saying 5 ties 6 lead changes and 1200 total yds

Dern. Sounds like I missed most of a heck of a game. I wonder if the site might have it archived? Or if either school might have stat's they would be willing to share on here or elsewhere? Not often you get a game, much less a playoff, more especially a semi or state game with this high of a total score. Not a record for such but close I think. Sounds like a classic. Shame there's no record of it. It would be something to show these kids kid's and grandkid's.

51eleven":cwery7qf said:
swires":cwery7qf said:

I've looked on line for a newspaper report on this game from towns around them and the closest big cities and came up with two paragraphs in the Odessa American. Wondering if anyone else has seen anything. A scoring summary would be nice as well as total team stats.

As it shows above I tuned in with 8 minutes left. Rankin was behind by 8. If I remember right Rankin stopped Mc Lean on downs, drove down to their 4 and turned the ball over on downs. Heck of a stand by both teams. If Rankin had scored and made the kick it would have been tied with 4 1/2 minutes left.

I'd like to know what happened before that. Did Mc lean lead the whole way? Did Rankin almost have a big comeback. Or did the lead ever go back and forth. Was it maybe tied at the half?

It was a really fantastic game.. with a ton of momentum shifts. Credit to both teams for how they responded through the course of the game.
Mclean was actually up in the first half.. then rankin finished the first half with flurry going from down two scores at one point to up by 15 after a pick 6 with less than 10 seconds to go in the half.

3rd quarter saw Mclean grab a couple of stops and they ended up tying the game up with a KO return for a touchdown towards the end of the 3rd Q (which is probably why rankin had stayed away from kicking it deep most of the game-- even though they had a few vocal fans wanting it kicked deep) 81-81 end of the 3rd

4th featured Mclean ramping up the defense with a forced fumble (looked on top on the replay but very very close) and then a goal line stand with 4 minutes to go (which ended in a wild play being an incomplete pass).. Mclean then iced the game with a long drive to score. I think they could have knelt it out with under 2 mins and 1st and goal but they ended up scoring again
It was a very entertaining game and a TON of huge plays through out the night

swires":8hhewl4c said:

If I remember right that's about what Walker Tippie of RS had in the state game in I think 2016. I don't know what the rushing record for the state game or playoffs is or where to find them. I remember Crockett having a big game at state last year but not the stat's. Seems like I've read of one Dewayne Miles took over with somewhere over 400. This may have been in 1995 when Amherst beat Milford 72 - 48.

Back